+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Victory 2013

Jan 11, 2013
Hey Guys,

Just would like to let you guys know that I have got PER email in Jan19, 2013. However, somehow
I got document (6 month bank history) request by yesterday ( within a month).

Can anybody help me do I have $14000 in all last six months??? Or how should I reply them??

Really appriciate your help:))

Please reply me since I only have month to reply them:))))

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Victory 2013 said:
Hey Guys,

Just would like to let you guys know that I have got PER email in Jan19, 2013. However, somehow

Can anybody help me do I have $14000 in all last six months??? Or how should I reply them??

you need give the evidence that the money belong to you. Explain any large deposit in your account.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Victory 2013 said:
Hey Guys,

If you have a very low balance during the last 6-months, especially during the period after u mailed ur application to CIO, and/or having very large deposits/withdrawals, especially around the application mailing date, then FRANKLY u r in trouble. Several applicants have been rejected for that reason. You have to think of a reasonable explanation, and it would be much better if it is supported with some documents, for example think of what u can get from ur home country; bank history or properties for u or ur spouse, if u have. Keep in mind also that the final balance in ur statement should be showing the minimum required balance.
Take ur time in that and ask other applicants who had the same experience. BTW, is it ur first time ever to apply for PR?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kg.jadu said:
Congratulations! Anyways, this is some news, and not a bad news.
Thanks, man, I guess you should expect even better news soon (since they most likely have gotten to your file and found no mistakes) :) Having document request doesn't mean they passed you eligibility these days. At least it's news all the same...

Houra said:
Thanks a lot for your explanation! This is definitely helpful for OHIP. But I need a written confirmation for something else. There's a class that is free for those who have received the eligibility approval... They insist that they need a formal letter. The lady said you can request it from cic and they'll send it to you in about a week; however, she didn't seem to know what she's talking about and couldn't give any more details...

Has anybody tried emailing them and asking for a written confirmation of PER?
As soon as the first several batches got rejected by OHIP due to exactly this reason, they started calling CIC and asked them to mail the PER, but they just would not do it. You can try again by asking the call center, but I really doubt they would do it. The best is to explain to them the situation. Also mention that you can get local tuition rates (if you were able to get it, which you should since you are in Ontario), which requires eligibility to apply for PR.

The_Prince said:
If you have a very low balance during the last 6-months, especially during the period after u mailed ur application to CIO, and/or having very large deposits/withdrawals, especially around the application mailing date, then FRANKLY u r in trouble. Several applicants have been rejected for that reason.
I'm assuming that some of these applications got responses so fast from Ottawa is because maybe they were previously rejected because of funding reasons, and they re-applied before 6 months were passed. Ottawa was probably wondering, if you did not get the money then, how could you have it by now.

hany001 said:
I plan to reapply though. Do you think it is a good idea to request returning the application so that I could use the original documents I had sent. Or do I send a new application and send a cover letter explaining the original documents in my previous application??
Hi hany001, is it hard to re-obtain those documents? I sometimes wonder why they're being so difficult when it comes to this. If these documents are still valid, I see no reason why they would make you do it all over again, but to be safe, it's always better to try to obtain everything all over again though :(

PyramidCity

Apr 23, 2012
asbereth said:
They asked me for 6 months of bank activities, updated PCC from FBI (they were the one who let it expire by making me waiting for more than a year), and PCC from Indonesia (given time until May 26), which is crazy since I haven't lived in my country for more than 6 months since the age of 17!!! At least an update all the same...
asbereth, do you rely on the 5 points of previous study to pass 67?

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
hooman2012 said:
What do you mean by explaining the situation? Should I just tell him for what reason (Canada Immigration) I need this?
Your family there explain them your situation that the embassy is closed and you are not able to do it here in Canada and you need it asap.

Entosis

Oct 30, 2012
Hello, I was wondering what happens. I got my PER early January, and an email from cic asking me to submit the bank statements for the last 6 months mid February. I sent that information to them. I have been checking the CAS to see if they started processing my application or not. But the only date it shows is the date CIC received my documents. Do they update the CAS when they start processing the application or does it not happen till later.

I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Regards

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
PyramidCity said:
Well, I ordered my CAIPS, and according to the CIO, I had 68 points, and no adaptability points. This is pretty much consistent with what I expected since I claimed more than 4,000 hours of TA/RA experience (US and Canada combined) for my application. But really, getting document request from Ottawa does not mean anything since even andy.fan got rejected after he sent his bank statement, due to not having enough points (and not because of insufficient funds) :(

Anyway, I noticed that your NER was due to not having job descriptions and duties on your letter? Did you rectify this on your re-application? It's always wise to try not to rely on these 5 points when applying, especially due to the inconsistency between Sydney and Ottawa. I really really hope that Ottawa would exercise discretion this time to always be consistent with Sydney with regards to this issue :( , especially for those granted by Sydney through appealing...

Entosis said:
Hello, I was wondering what happens. I got my PER early January, and an email from cic asking me to submit the bank statements for the last 6 months mid February. I sent that information to them. I have been checking the CAS to see if they started processing my application or not. But the only date it shows is the date CIC received my documents. Do they update the CAS when they start processing the application or does it not happen till later.
Hi Entosis, may I ask what you submitted when you applied (I'm assuming Nov 2012?)? Also, is this your re-application? It could be that they start asking for new applications if they could not find the 6 months bank statement history, maybe to expedite the process later on, which is a good thing.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
PyramidCity said:
My CAIPS shows no point for the previous study in Canada. They do not give those points unless you did a master here. Do not count on those 5 points.

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
asbereth said:
Thanks, man, I guess you should expect even better news soon (since they most likely have gotten to your file and found no mistakes) :) Having document request doesn't mean they passed you eligibility these days. At least it's news all the same...

As soon as the first several batches got rejected by OHIP due to exactly this reason, they started calling CIC and asked them to mail the PER, but they just would not do it. You can try again by asking the call center, but I really doubt they would do it. The best is to explain to them the situation. Also mention that you can get local tuition rates (if you were able to get it, which you should since you are in Ontario), which requires eligibility to apply for PR.

I'm assuming that some of these applications got responses so fast from Ottawa is because maybe they were previously rejected because of funding reasons, and they re-applied before 6 months were passed. Ottawa was probably wondering, if you did not get the money then, how could you have it by now.

Hi hany001, is it hard to re-obtain those documents? I sometimes wonder why they're being so difficult when it comes to this. If these documents are still valid, I see no reason why they would make you do it all over again, but to be safe, it's always better to try to obtain everything all over again though :(
Well, I can manage to get some documents, but for example the police certificate would take around 6 months (which is quite frustrating to think about)!! and Some documents I sent their original translation, so I would have to pay for that again (a considerable amount of money)! :'(

I just want to know if it would be able to return the application and reuse these documents, or is it a better idea to refer to them in the new application (that they've already got them)?

Thanks for your reply though...

Morshed

Feb 26, 2013
Hello guys,

I have some question if someone can help me I appreciate it. I have applied for PR last year under category of skilled worker for PhD students. At the time that I applied I was studying more than 2 years in Canada and now I received an email that my application refused because I did not get any points from adaptability. Anyone has any idea what I can do to bring my application back to the process?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Morshed said:
Hello guys,

I have some question if someone can help me I appreciate it. I have applied for PR last year under category of skilled worker for PhD students. At the time that I applied I was studying more than 2 years in Canada and now I received an email that my application refused because I did not get any points from adaptability. Anyone has any idea what I can do to bring my application back to the process?
There is nothing you can do. If you haven't finished a degree in Canada before your phd they will not give adaptability points. You must apply again, luckly, with more work experience, you will get thru.

PyramidCity

Apr 23, 2012
Morshed said:
Hello guys,

If you got an NER at CIC and then you argued with Sydney to get a PER later, you can find you local MP, talk to them, tell them your story, the unfairness and inconsistency of their decision. MP may be helpful, but not guaranteed. If we all go to the local MPs and make our voice heard, there still could be a chance.

The other thing is I was told that this adaptability thing never happened before when applications were processed by visa offices abroad. I am not sure if this only happens to PhD students or not.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hany001 said:
Well, I can manage to get some documents, but for example the police certificate would take around 6 months (which is quite frustrating to think about)!! and Some documents I sent their original translation, so I would have to pay for that again (a considerable amount of money)! :'(

I just want to know if it would be able to return the application and reuse these documents, or is it a better idea to refer to them in the new application (that they've already got them)?

Don't worry about PCC then. Send what you have, then you can send it afterwards (or until they make the request). They will definitely acknowledge it since these documents do not influence eligibility directly. I think it was pass2012 who submitted his bank statement history after he submitted his application (initially, only submitted balance). They definitely took this into account as he went straight into getting medical. I'm sure it would be the same for PCC as well.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hany001 said:

I don't think they will return your documents. Same thing happened to me, I emailed them and they replied that they will not send the documents back. I know it sucks to get new translations again.... You can send your new application without police certificate though. Just explain that you have ordered police certificates and it will be ready later when the officer asks for it.