+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Bluegen

Jan 21, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
This is my first letter:
At his admission, Mr. X was awarded a research assistantship of $6,000.00 per year for four years. Since September 2008, he has worked 15 hours per week for 46 weeks per year towards his research assistantship. In this position, Mr. X is responsible for working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. This is verified by his supervisor.

In my second letter, I extended the first letter with:
Research Assistant Duties:
working with his PhD Supervisor and research groups in the university to conduct and develop research in areas related to his doctoral studies. The work include literature studies, developing new methods and improving scientific methods and performing experiments on them. Preparing research results and writing reports and scientific publications.

I had 4 work experiences. But they rejected all with "not satisfying duties".
Here it is:

Your work experience as a Research Assistant at Carleton University cannot be accepted as the list of duties contained in your letter of reference dated November 22, 2012 do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 4122. Your work experience as a Contract Instructor and a Teaching Assistant was part time and was the full-time equivalent of 10.5 months of work experience. Your work experience as a Software Designer, NOC 2173) at Khazar Sintech Company cannot be accepted as the list of duties contained in your letter of reference dated June 22, 2011 do not match the actions in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected – NOC 2173. Your work experience as a Contract Instructor at Azad University was for 5 months. As such, you do not have one year of continuous full-time work experience.

They clearly ignored my second letter sent in June 2012. In june 20120 I called CIC and they told me it is OK if I send new documents to Ottawa office. Also in another letter sent in the same package, I clearly specified that I have asked my previous employer in my home country for a detailed letter about my duties, and I can send it's hard copy to you soon. I also included a scan of it.

What I want to do is to refer to that package and mention all these things. But I don't think they care about it.

It seems that CIC acknowledge your RA as working experience but the duties don't match NOC 4122 (RA by their definition). But the regulation does not require your job to cover all the duties mentioned. (i.e even if all you do is literature review, it should still count.) What CIC said essentially is your RA is not recognized as the RA experiences they are looking for, which, in my opinion, is ridiculous and unfair.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
salam20 said:
I might be wrong but I noticed that some applicants are getting the refusal after 365 days. For instance, if your application reached CIO on Jan 21 last year then the refusal letter has the date on Jan 20 of the current year. Then the worst case is to get your refusal letter after a max. of 365 days.

On the other hand, I hope that some of the applicants are getting passport request after a max. of 365 days, as well. Does ayone support this observation?
You are wrong salam20, there is not such a thing as getting refusal after an year. There are people that applied in the FSW - Mi-1 that are under processing at more than 3 years already. What happened is that when buffalo closed, Ottawa got a huge backlog of 10 thousand applicants that had to be processed, many of them before our stream, since they applied before us. So it is just now that they are looking at our applications.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Hi,

Can you please share text of your work experience / reference letter from Khazar Sintech Company for NOC 2173 ?

Thanks.

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Hello, today I got my refusal !

Here is the email:

It's so frustrating. I had friends who applied 1 year before me and got their PR so easy.
Guys, I have a question. I applied in Jan 2012. Got my PER in March. and Now this letter.
All they say is "my duties in my RAship,and other jobs are not satisfying.
Can I get new letters from my university and my employer and ask the Ottawa office to re-assess my application?

aler123

Dec 4, 2012
Bluegen said:
It seems that CIC acknowledge your RA as working experience but the duties don't match NOC 4122 (RA by their definition). But the regulation does not require your job to cover all the duties mentioned. (i.e even if all you do is literature review, it should still count.) What CIC said essentially is your RA is not recognized as the RA experiences they are looking for, which, in my opinion, is ridiculous and unfair.
Why do they refer to your work experience as under NOC code 4122? Isn't TA/RA experience under NOC 4012? That is what I have used for my application. Could someone please clarify this?

Thanks

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
aler123 said:
Why do they refer to your work experience as under NOC code 4122? Isn't TA/RA experience under NOC 4012? That is what I have used for my application. Could someone please clarify this?

Thanks

According to NOC 2006: RA/TA code is 4122

According to NOC 2011: RA/TA code is 4012

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
ngag said:
I GOT THE REFUSAL E-MAIL TODAY. BTY I AM FROM EGYPT. ANY SUGGESTIONS FRIENDS ?

Dear ...

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. You chose not to submit any letters of reference which specified your job duties and responsibilities for your experience as a Teaching Assistant. As such, I could not determine if you had performed the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties for these occupations. This list of duties contained in your letter of reference from ..... do not match the actions described in the lead statement nor a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you chose – NOC 1222, Executive Assistant. As such, I cannot accept this as evidence of skilled work experience as per subsection 75(2)(b) and (c).

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case Officer

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Did you try to ask for a chance to update your reference letter? If so, it did go through?

zephyr86

Jul 8, 2012
Salam20, would you let me know what would happen when you do not hold any SIN and contract for your research award? I have the same situation, and would like to know if there's the risk that they do not consider it as RA. Have you seen/heard any bad news about that?

Thanks

salam20 said:
I understand what you want to say, I see something that you may like to clarify. If you work for a number of hours, you can show the rate per hour as shown in a contract. Sadly, I am currently getting a research award, I do not submit a time sheet to my supervisor nor to the dean's office. I can not issue a SIN because what I am been paid is an award or scholarship and doesn't count as a job because there is no contract not job offer. Thus, this money is not shown in tax form of T4 but is appears on T4A and counted as income since a few years, the net income is taxable.
It will be a very good step if you show the work hours as well as the job description that the CIC prefers (as shown in the NOC).

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Good news,
Jan 21, I received PER email.
note:
Nov 22, my app. reached CIC
Jan 8, my CC was charged

Finally, this is the third time to send my app. package.
Thank you guys for help and advice.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
salam20 said:
Good news,
note:
Jan 8, my CC was charged

CONGRATS.

AND EXTRA GOOD NEWS.

I JUST GOT MEDICAL REQUEST. I am almost having a heart attach because my problems with my co-supervisor (that moved away and wants me to move to another country with him) were really upsetting me. I am glad!

YNS

Mar 22, 2012
TyrusX said:
CONGRATS.

AND EXTRA GOOD NEWS.

I JUST GOT MEDICAL REQUEST. I am almost having a heart attach because my problems with my co-supervisor (that moved away and wants me to move to another country with him) were really upsetting me. I am glad!
Congrats!!!
That's great!!! Medical request without asking for any supporting document.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
salam20 said:
Good news,
note:
Jan 8, my CC was charged

Finally

Congratulations !! :)

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
CONGRATS.

AND EXTRA GOOD NEWS.

Congratulations TyrusX. We are very happy for you. Hope its smooth sailing onwards from here. Cross fingers. And as to your supervisor prob, hope this will work out fine)

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
zephyr86 said:
Salam20, would you let me know what would happen when you do not hold any SIN and contract for your research award? I have the same situation, and would like to know if there's the risk that they do not consider it as RA. Have you seen/heard any bad news about that?

Thanks
I provided over a year of work experience as a FULL TIME TA from back home. (but I need to review the ref, letter).
I provided RA and TA experience of part time by hours that I expect it is non continuous of full time job of 7 months or more. that covers my work experience since 2009.
I did not count the research awards but I provided the letters only. I am not quiet sure if the cic will count them or not because it does not show hours nor rates.
Sorry, I hope we find advice from folks here.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
websphereguy said:
Congratulations TyrusX. We are very happy for you. Hope its smooth sailing onwards from here. Cross fingers. And as to your supervisor prob, hope this will work out fine)
Btw, I never doubted that you will not get your med request. Good for you :)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
CONGRATS.

AND EXTRA GOOD NEWS.

Wow great news! Tyrusx.........very happy for you. Wishing all the best for the rest of the parts