+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
TyrusX said:
I'm so sorry to hear that. :(
The thing is that they let me go through when I got PER, once they got the money then rejecting.
If my work experience is not qualified, they should find it out before they give me PER!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
cdhbamboo said:
The thing is that they let me go through when I got PER, once they got the money then rejecting.
If my work experience is not qualified, they should find it out before they give me PER!
I know :( PER is just bullmerde. Worse is waiting an year to get rejected like this.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hi cdhbamboo, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. The number of rejections we got so far (mostly for work experience reasons) is depressing. I think it was Reno that first got rejected at Sydney level, and it was precisely due to the same reason as they rejected yours. I just wonder why Sydney let you (and other rejected applications) through, only later to have Ottawa not honor decisions made by Sydney.

I mean, I can understand rejection if it was due to fraudulent employment or experience letters or misrepresentation, but at least for face value stuff, Ottawa and Sydney should agree, and it seems to me that Ottawa has flat out disagreed with Sydney, not after verification of authenticity of the documents, but BEFORE even that. Ottawa, so far, has disagreed with some job descriptions that Sydney has agreed, and total number of work experience awarded by Sydney. Or could it be because Sydney did not check things that carefully, even the face value stuff?

I'm so depressed, disappointed, frustrated and freaking out now about these things.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Hi cdhbamboo, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. The number of rejections we got so far (mostly for work experience reasons) is depressing. I think it was Reno that first got rejected at Sydney level, and it was precisely due to the same reason as they rejected yours. I just wonder why Sydney let you (and other rejected applications) through, only later to have Ottawa not honor decisions made by Sydney.

I mean, I can understand rejection if it was due to fraudulent employment or experience letters or misrepresentation, but at least for face value stuff, Ottawa and Sydney should agree, and it seems to me that Ottawa has flat out disagreed with Sydney, not after verification of authenticity of the documents, but BEFORE even that. Ottawa, so far, has disagreed with some job descriptions that Sydney has agreed, and total number of work experience awarded by Sydney. Or could it be because Sydney did not check things that carefully, even the face value stuff?

I'm so depressed, disappointed, frustrated and freaking out now about these things.
It seems like Sidney's evaluation are very superficial. They basically check if the documents are there or not.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
It seems like Sidney's evaluation are very superficial. They basically check if you have the documents are there or not.
What I wonder though, some people got rejected, even at Sydney level because they didn't have enough points (it also means that they counted the number of hours as well). Maybe it is superficial, but even things like job descriptions and continuity of employment are superficial things as well that you can easily check at the face value.

At Ottawa level, they should do more substantial checking on whether the documents are legit, or whether the job descriptions were factual. These should be the basis that Ottawa can reject people (if they find out, for example, that you did not perform some of the jobs you said you did, or if the companies told them that you never worked for them and such), not because they didn't agree with what Sydney has already done.

Also, there is also the question of the 5 adaptability points. It looks like that those with 5 adaptability points awarded by Sydney will also be awarded by Ottawa (which means, those that applied after a bunch of people here appealed in April, or those who got their Sydney NER overturned). But how about those that never got the points from Sydney? Would they also get the 5 points?

While this kind of information will be helpful for latter applicants, I really hope we would never find out, because it looks like that the only time we can find out about these things is if somebody got rejected :( We have learned a lot within the past year, but some times (most of the times), we have had to learn it the hard way...

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
TyrusX said:
I know :( PER is just bull*censored word*. Worse is waiting an year to get rejected like this.
So remind others summer break is unacceptable! This information costs me $1100! Others don't have to pay it again from now on!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
I am really sorry.

The good point is that they are processing applications very fast. They have already approached applications received by the end of Jan. The very bad side of it is the huge number of rejections.I do not know what to say. Just need to wait for their e-mail!

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
aidina said:
I am really sorry.

The good point is that they are processing applications very fast. They have already approached applications received by the end of Jan. The very bad side of it is the huge number of rejections.I do not know what to say. Just need to wait for their e-mail!
Only 5 more Jan folks in the list who hasn't heard anything from them.
Btw, I suppose even those with work experience outside of TA/RA shouldn't be taking things lightly. Ensure you get all the necessary information they ask for. Sydney folks might do a shoddy work of reviewing your docs, and you might get through despite not fulfilling the actual requirements. By the time it comes to CPP-Ottawa, it'll be too late and when you get rejected, you'd loose your money.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
websphereguy said:
Only 5 more Jan folks in the list who hasn't heard anything from them.
Btw, I suppose even those with work experience outside of TA/RA shouldn't be taking things lightly. Ensure you get all the necessary information they ask for. Sydney folks might do a shoddy work of reviewing your docs, and you might get through despite not fulfilling the actual requirements. By the time it comes to CPP-Ottawa, it'll be too late and when you get rejected, you'd loose your money.
I think Ottawa people are being pains in the b***. Considering all the info provided by the ones who got rejected, it seems that after getting PER through Sydney:

1) someone who, let's say, conducted a PhD in social science and was a TA or RA could be rejected for giving an NOC corresponding to "research in social sciences" and not the TA/RA NOC, ALTHOUGH the number of work hours for the "research in social science" would likely be much higher (and thus correspond to the time/continuous work requirements) because most students are only allowed to TA for 10 hours per week, even of the supervisor provided a letter stating that "research in social sciences" is conducted by more than 40 hours a week.

2) someone who shows the right amount of money could be rejected because they don't appreciate the bank history...That's crazy! To make sure that they don't reject based on that, every applicant should pretty much have 10,000 dollars sitting in an account for a year. Most students don't have that kind of money.

Personally, I am in the situation where I have the right amount of money, and had it for more than 6 months, BUT I expect Ottawa to reject my application based on the fact that my partner was on employment insurance for 3 months. Meaning: without the money he got from employment insurance for those 3 months, I likely wouldn't have had the right amount each of these months.
I'm taking a bet not withdrawing, but I've waited a year already, so I really don't want to back down now.

zephyr86

Jul 8, 2012
Dear guys,

I wouldn't have sent the previous post if I'd been sure what to do. I'd really appreciate if you help!

1- I have absolutely NO idea about which visa office to choose... I need advice, at least a thread, PLEASE! I've been reading many pages of the forum, with no conclusion!

2- This is one of the questions in the form imm0008_3e:"Have you previously completed a program of full-time study of at least two years at a post-secondary institution in Canada?" While I think I should say NO, I doubt a tiny bit about it! I've done more than two years of my PhD, but have not COMPLETED the program yet. any ideas?

3- In the same form, I suppose I should say yes to this question: "Have you previuosly worked full-time in Canada?" You agree?

Thanks

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
ASG said:
I think Ottawa people are being pains in the b***. Considering all the info provided by the ones who got rejected, it seems that after getting PER through Sydney:

1) someone who, let's say, conducted a PhD in social science and was a TA or RA could be rejected for giving an NOC corresponding to "research in social sciences" and not the TA/RA NOC, ALTHOUGH the number of work hours for the "research in social science" would likely be much higher (and thus correspond to the time/continuous work requirements) because most students are only allowed to TA for 10 hours per week, even of the supervisor provided a letter stating that "research in social sciences" is conducted by more than 40 hours a week.

2) someone who shows the right amount of money could be rejected because they don't appreciate the bank history...That's crazy! To make sure that they don't reject based on that, every applicant should pretty much have 10,000 dollars sitting in an account for a year. Most students don't have that kind of money.

Personally, I am in the situation where I have the right amount of money, and had it for more than 6 months, BUT I expect Ottawa to reject my application based on the fact that my partner was on employment insurance for 3 months. Meaning: without the money he got from employment insurance for those 3 months, I likely wouldn't have had the right amount each of these months.
I'm taking a bet not withdrawing, but I've waited a year already, so I really don't want to back down now.

Let's hope for the best. I do not think Ottawa will reject your application only because that your partner have some amount of money from the employment insurance. Let's see.....
I am thinking to submit my application this month. I have a joint account with my wife. Is it ok with CIC if I'll show the fund available with our joint account? I am too confused ..

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
ASG said:

Amen to that! Of course they will give us PER (superficial evaluation) so that they can keep the money.

As for the funds, I completely agree with you. Most international students do not have that kind of money but what can we do? nothing

As for your specific case, I don't think you will get rejected.

eliteqing

Nov 26, 2012
Thank you for the answer,

One more question, will they feel annoyed if I send them both mail and email? At the check list it does say "do not send any addition documents when submitting you application to the CIO".
Also, even if they receive my mail/or email, how can they add the updated form to my application, since I my application is not processed yet?
I worry about it, and don't want to only wait here.

salam20 said:
Three options:
1) send to CIO via mail and email.
2) send to Cpp via email, fax and mail.
3) send a new application to CIO

For options 1 & 2 please include in your letter the following information:

• who are you (Applicant, Authorized Representative, Designated Individual, Canadian MP )

I have just sent my application out a few days ago,
and today I receive a call from my VISA card company saying my VISA card have been used by someone else; therefore they will send me a new card with NEW card number!!

However, I already send my application package with the old, now useless, credit card.
What should I do?

I have called the CPP office several times, no one answer the phone.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
zephyr86 said:
Dear guys,

I wouldn't have sent the previous post if I'd been sure what to do. I'd really appreciate if you help!

1- I have absolutely NO idea about which visa office to choose... I need advice, at least a thread, PLEASE! I've been reading many pages of the forum, with no conclusion!

You can choose your home country VO or Ottawa. Your home country may be faster or slower. since you are applying now, maybe ottawa will be a better choice.
zephyr86 said:
2- This is one of the questions in the form imm0008_3e:"Have you previously completed a program of full-time study of at least two years at a post-secondary institution in Canada?" While I think I should say NO, I doubt a tiny bit about it! I've done more than two years of my PhD, but have not COMPLETED the program yet. any ideas?

3- In the same form, I suppose I should say yes to this question: "Have you previuosly worked full-time in Canada?" You agree?

Thanks

I said NO to both. But if you present RA/TA as Work experience, I would put yes. In fact I requested them to consider yes in the first option.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
eliteqing said:
Thank you for the answer,

One more question, will they feel annoyed if I send them both mail and email? At the check list it does say "do not send any addition documents when submitting you application to the CIO".
Also, even if they receive my mail/or email, how can they add the updated form to my application, since I my application is not processed yet?
I worry about it, and don't want to only wait here.
normally you can say in your email and letter that you are sending them the new form because xxxxx and you are sending a copy via email and another copy by mail as it is an urgent matter and you are not sure which copy will be attached sooner to your application before the review.