+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

polestar707

Nov 20, 2012
I just got PER from CIO

Nov.15,2012 application received by CIO.
Jan. 13 PER from CIO.

I guess those who submitted the application in Nov. 2012 should know the update soon.
Good luck to all.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
polestar707 said:
I just got PER from CIO

Jan. 13 PER from CIO.

I guess those who submitted the application in Nov. 2012 should know the update soon.
Good luck to all.
good for you

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
polestar707 said:
I just got PER from CIO

Jan. 13 PER from CIO.

Good luck to all.
Pleased to know that.
No update from my side, my credit card was encashed on Jan 8 and I am still waiting for the PER, hopefully this week.

Victory 2013

Jan 11, 2013
salam20 said:
Pleased to know that.
No update from my side, my credit card was encashed on Jan 8 and I am still waiting for the PER, hopefully this week.
Same like you buddy, I also didn't hear anything from CIC regarding PER. My BD has been en-cashed on Jan10, 2013.

Let me know if any updates. Thanks

I am more concerning since last date of the fee reduction from International student to PR student is 31 Jan. Hope for best.

dibooooostar

Apr 18, 2012
ASG said:
First, congrats!
The way to inform them is to send an email to your VISA office with a copy of the birth certificate attached.

Cheers
Do I have to rewrite the IMM5406E application (the additional family application) ? or the applications have no to be repeated

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hooman2012 said:
Any news from those who sent on Jan 2012?
Nops. I sent a few message and no one has gotten anything. I believe we will hear from the only in a month or maybe only in March.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
polestar707 said:
er....a silly question, how to input my info to the online google doc?
You have to post here, only admin can do it. Me, asberet, snow_walker and websphereguy.

zephyr86

Jul 8, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm filling out the forms. Just some quick questions I'd appreciate if you help me out:

- Which visa office do you suggest? I want to choose one for Canada (I think the one for Iran, Turkey embassy, takes a lifetime. Doesn't it?). Is it only Ottawa? Or there are other offices to choose? Please give me advice and exact name...

- This is one of the questions in the form imm0008_3e:"Have you previously completed a program of full-time study of at least two years at a post-secondary institution in Canada?"

While I think I should say NO, I doubt a tiny bit about it! I've done more than two years of my PhD, but have not COMPLETED the program yet. any ideas?

- In the same form, I suppose I should say yes to this question: "Have you previuosly worked full-time in Canada?" You agree?

- The NOC for RA is 4012.

- For "main duties" of my research is it good?:

- Literature survay
- Writing papers

zephyr86

Jul 8, 2012
nouroz99 said:
I agree with TyrusX.
1. I don't know why in Quebec, it is lot different than rest of Canada. In my understanding, whenever you get paid officially a SIN is issued. Correct me if I am wrong. RA letters from the DEAN should get some weight. However, I thought it might be your RA supervisor who writes a letter for you.
2. Consider your conference proceedings if you have since in my opinion those are also listed as publications. (after all you are not applying for Post-doc position :))
3. RA is always Part time for us in my opinion since whatever you do before getting immigration will be divided by 2. That means 2 years of full time RA hours will be equivalent to 1 year of Full time RA experience.
4. To address this point of continuous RA I think a letter from your supervisor would be sufficient that you were a full-time RA. In my case, I am getting funding from RA. SO I can assume that I am considered as full-time RA.
5. I don't have any at this point. Someone else can help I guess.
These all are my personal opinion. So please don't take them granted.
Best of Luck

Thanks Norouz 99 for the reply,

Yes, but French Universities are excepted out of this rule!!! :) Even McGill and Concordia students have SIN...

What visa office do you suggest for Iranians?!?

Thanks! ;)

rabbit_shu

Jan 14, 2013
Hi, everyone.

I submitted my application in May 2012, and got PER email in July 2012.
Anyone knows what's the next step? Will I receive a confirm letter from the visa office sometime soon?
Is there anyone who submitted at the same time getting any result yet?

polestar707

Nov 20, 2012
TyrusX said:
You have to post here, only admin can do it. Me, asberet, snow_walker and websphereguy.
All right.

application reached CIO Nov.15,2012
CC/BD encased Jan.3, 2013
PER issued Jan.13,2013
Current eCAS status In Process
No. of person in application 2
TA/RA experience Not included+other
Nationality China

Thank you.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
rabbit_shu said:
Hi, everyone.

I submitted my application in May 2012, and got PER email in July 2012.
Anyone knows what's the next step? Will I receive a confirm letter from the visa office sometime soon?
Is there anyone who submitted at the same time getting any result yet?
No. Ottawa has a huge backlog of 10 thousand applicants. You should be prepared to wait at least until May to get something. Things are going very slow.

Mukam

Oct 23, 2012
Tyrus I need to mail cic a new letter (sealed) from graduate studies. The previous one that I sent did not have the stamp. So I got a new one and I was thinking that I should send it to them before they send me my application back.

Meanwhile I have also renewed my passport, so I am going to email a copy of my new passport as well. I have the email address but not their physical mailing address. If you or anyone else can help, it will be highly appreciated.