+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zephyr86

Jul 8, 2012
Dear esi110 and creazyleader,

I'm an Iranian PhD student in Quebec, too. Going through the last few pages of the forum particularly concerns about proving future intention of residence in other provinces, and bank statement stuff is making me damn worried. So, I'd like to get in touch with you, too. Please let me know if we can see each other in this week.

Thanks.

esi110 said:
Dear CrazyLeader,
It is very confusing and can be a big problem. I am at the same situation, Iranian and applied from Quebec and at least two years is remained from my course. I haven't received any document request yet but I think with the trend I should receive the same letter soon.
I doubt if a just information letter explaining our intention would be enough. I know so many people who got their PR from federal streams while they were studying in Quebec ( people who applied before 2009) and some of them just got their PR in last year. We can ask them as well. If you are interested we can keep in touch or see each other to find a good solution for this problem while we are in touch with the forum. This way we might be able to solve your problem ( and my potential problem) soon and share the results with the forum.

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
Guys,

I checked my application status today and it shows an additional sentence "We started processing your application on October 28, 2012."

Any thoughts on that?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
MASOUD2011 said:
You submitted documentation indicating that you have over $18,740.00 in bank accounts in Canada. After reviewing the account histories that you provided, I noticed that your account was in overdraft on the date (May 24, 2012) that you were requested to submit account histories to this office; throughout the account history, the average balance was less than $1,000. Yet, several large deposits were made immediately after this date. I am not satisfied that these funds are your own and that you are not obliged to return these funds to their originator.
Where did you get this money from originally?

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

all this conversation about bank statements had me worried. Good luck to all the ones who are having issues!

As everyone else, I had to provide bank statements for the 6 months prior to my application date. Now, I'm wondering
2 things:
1) a lot of people mention a certain amount depending on the number of family members. Can this amount be spread between
income in Canadian currency + savings in Canadian currency + savings in a foreign currency? Because that's pretty much what I showed.

2) if the application process takes, let's say, a year...At the time where they're going to look at our finances, many months will have passed, and so, they have no way to know what our financial situation is during the last 6 months prior to when they make a decision.
So, I'm wondering: should we all expect them to ask for more + more recent bank statements while the review process is underway?

Thanks!

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
aelatar said:
Guys,

I checked my application status today and it shows an additional sentence "We started processing your application on October 28, 2012."

Any thoughts on that?
Congrats! VO eligibility assessment passed.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aelatar said:
Guys,

Any thoughts on that?
Did you get medical exams received? Your passport request may be coming soon.

saintezym

Jul 13, 2012
Hello all,

Please add my information:).
Application reached Sydney: Sep 7th.
Working experience: TA and RA all included
No. of person: 2,
Nationality: China.

I haven't been cashed yet.

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
Thanks aelatar for sharing the news. I just checked my ECAS status and I also got the extra line that says "We started processing your application on November 2, 2012.". A step forward.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Since this is relevant to this thread, I would like to mention that Kenney did say something about the PhD stream during his speech on October 31. While he did not explicitly mention that the cap has been reset, I think, from the way he worded his statement, it is safe to assume that the cap has indeed been reset and the PhD stream will survive for at least another year :) Now, hopefully they will make announcement later on whether or not the new point system will apply to this stream.

I should also mention that I announced earlier this year the creation of a PhD stream in our immigration system, allowing enrolled PhD students to get permanent residency after their second year of post-graduate studies, because we recognize that it takes often several years to complete a PhD program. We want to keep these bright young doctoral students in Canada if at all possible.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/speeches/2012/2012-10-31.asp

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
asbereth said:
Since this is relevant to this thread, I would like to mention that Kenney did say something about the PhD stream during his speech on October 31. While he did not explicitly mention that the cap has been reset, I think, from the way he worded his statement, it is safe to assume that the cap has indeed been reset and the PhD stream will survive for at least another year :) Now, hopefully they will make announcement later on whether or not the new point system will apply to this stream.

Thanks asbereth for sharing that information. Shows that they are committed to keep it around for awhile.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:

Todays is the stream's first anniversary!

MASOUD2011

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Mukam said:
Hi Masoud,

I have a question for you. If you don't mind can you tell me how much money did you show in your bank when you initially sent your application. Just trying to figure out, if they are asking everyone or those candidates who have shown just enough money as required by the cic.
Hi Mukam...It was 14-15K.

MASOUD2011

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
marysaad said:
Hi all,

I submitted my application in May and my bank statement didn't include any history about my account. It just stated the balance of the day. I haven't heard any thing about my application yet but I wonder if this money issue causes any problem. Do you have any suggestion? Do you think I should send them another bank statement?

Masoud, when did you submit your application?
November 2011.

MASOUD2011

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
TyrusX said:
Where did you get this money from originally?
Well, I own a shared property with some family members in my home country...that amount came from transferring a part of my share to them...

I also own a car and my bank portfolio confirms that. Any advice on what other docs to prepare for them? Thanks!