20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
This was like 3 days ago. Be patient, you have many months of waiting ahead of you.
Hi Tryux--could you please share me the link of the spread sheet of applicants status. Also please include me in the list, I have provided my detail on page 168. Thanks for your co-operation.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Don't worry dude, I will update the list over the weekend. I just got a bit busy.

hollypharaoh

Aug 25, 2012
Hi guys,

I am a Ph.D. student at McGill university (Montreal, Quebec). I have been in the program for more than two years as required for the Ph.D. stream. I am planning to apply for the PR this upcoming year (which starts in November).

My question is: Am I eligible to apply under the Ph.D. stream from Quebec? I haven't got the CSQ (certificat du selection du Quebec) which is needed to apply under the Quebec skilled workers category. I applied for the CSQ but my application is on hold now and I don't want to wait for a year. Hence, I decided to skip this and go directly to the PR.

Is there anybody who applied in the previous year (since 2011) that is enrolled in a Ph.D. in a university in Quebec?

Thanks to you all,

HollyPhar...

zephyr86

Jul 8, 2012
Hey,

Be careful! In order for you to apply for this stream, you should announce you do not have intention to live in Quebec after your graduation as far as I know. Applying for both the categories is conflicting! Because Quebec skill worker category holds the same requirement but for Quebec!

Before you take any more step, you'd better gather enough information and consult more people i.e. lawyers or call directly the Federal Government about this concern.

Zephyr

hollypharaoh said:
Hi guys,

I am a Ph.D. student at McGill university (Montreal, Quebec). I have been in the program for more than two years as required for the Ph.D. stream. I am planning to apply for the PR this upcoming year (which starts in November).

My question is: Am I eligible to apply under the Ph.D. stream from Quebec? I haven't got the CSQ (certificat du selection du Quebec) which is needed to apply under the Quebec skilled workers category. I applied for the CSQ but my application is on hold now and I don't want to wait for a year. Hence, I decided to skip this and go directly to the PR.

Is there anybody who applied in the previous year (since 2011) that is enrolled in a Ph.D. in a university in Quebec?

Thanks to you all,

HollyPhar...

zephyr86

Jul 8, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm applying for PhD stream these days. I just have one question. How long will it take normally to receive the PR from the day one applies?!? I've heard some people have received it even in 6 months. Is it right?!?

Please let me know about your experience...

Thanks,
Zephyr

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
zephyr86 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm applying for PhD stream these days. I just have one question. How long will it take normally to receive the PR from the day one applies?!? I've heard some people have received it even in 6 months. Is it right?!?

Please let me know about your experience...

Thanks,
Zephyr
Nops. No one here has gotten even close to that and the first applicants applied about 9 months ago. I would guess it will take at least 14 months +-2 or 3. Things may speed up a bit close to the end of the year.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hi Holly

I am in McGill too and have applied too to this stream, though have not heard back since. I tried CSQ but they rejected me as I was short by one point. I am an intermediate level french speaker too. I have filed for and appeal but same as you, I am not wasting time in Quebec and applied. I asked the same question to people from Immigration Quebec and Immigration Canada when they come to the campus to answer questions ( organized by ISS). The federal agent told me you can as they dont know that you have applied for Quebec. Though update if you receive CSQ in the meantime. But this was before PhD stream was announced. Its the same. I would ask a few people if you like and apply. I am not staying in Quebec for sure though I have job offers, make your choice.

Would you mind if I ask which field is your PhD in and why is your file on hold for an year? They do so if only you indicate your graduation date close by or they want you to take more french classes. We can share experiences and notes. But do apply to federal for sure. There is another student in McGill who refused to learn french and applied to Canadian Experience class and has been a PR since an year and staying in Quebec and still continuing studies.

Call out for your guardian angels, Quebec bureaucracy is unjust, stupid and I personally feel r****t.

Take care.
hollypharaoh said:
Hi guys,

Thanks to you all,

HollyPhar...

hollypharaoh

Aug 25, 2012
Hey,

Thanks a lot for sharing thoughts. My field is electrical engineering. I have no idea why my file is on hold. What is mentioned in the letter is that we will give you one year as a chance to finish your Ph.D. I am nowhere near finishing in a year. I am here since 2.5 years, so it is sick from them to give me 1 Yr to finish (So generous from them!!!). Probably, they expect me to graduate soon and that's why they put me on hold. My french is not that good. I couldn't declare it as intermediate. I do have a spouse that has an intermediate level french and a Montreal born child.

I am thinking of calling them to ask. How did you know you are short by 1 pt?

I actually talked to a friend of mine and he is a lawyer and said there is absolutely no issue to apply for the Ph.D. stream while you are enrolled to a Quebec based university.

Thanks,

Holy

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
Don't worry dude, I will update the list over the weekend. I just got a bit busy.
Thanks ;)

mengoose

Aug 10, 2012
Centralized Intake Office
47 – 49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2
Canada

Just want to confirm, is this the right address to send my application to? tks!

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I got my application back this week.
They want to receive the letter of the university in sealed envelope.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mengoose said:
47 – 49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2
Canada

Just want to confirm, is this the right address to send my application to? tks!
By courier for ALL categories, the mailing address is as follows as per the official CIC website:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Arranged Employment category or PhD category
47-49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

;D ;D ;D

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
salam20 said:
I got my application back this week.
They want to receive the letter of the university in sealed envelope.
This is very strange that they returned your documents for not receiving sealed letter. So far I know many of us didn't submit the letter in sealed envelope. This is absolutely ridiculous way to waste our time. It seems like they are not looking for proper documents but just trying to find out the weakness in the applications to reject someone.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
kaziahmmed said:
This is very strange that they returned your documents for not receiving sealed letter. So far I know many of us didn't submit the letter in sealed envelope. This is absolutely ridiculous way to waste our time. It seems like they are not looking for proper documents but just trying to find out the weakness in the applications to reject someone.
They may do that if they believe the document looks fake, what I believe happened a few times and made them wary. There was no such requirement but they change the format of this letter a few times already. Maybe they are indeed asking for a sealed version now, I'm not updated with the new checklist.