+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Guys I just got my GCMS today, it was reviewed by SL this time and my Eligibility Status now appear as "Recommend Passed", although they have reduced my three points from my previous assessment (73 before now 70). They increased my spouse points 4 to 5 (since she had masters not bachelor degree) but my work experience reduced 3 yrs to 1 yr. Thankfully they have accepted my updated letter, thats what mentioned in note section. RCMP screening section still shows nothing, i think thats the reason why I am not getting the medical request yet.
So, requesting everyone plz update your letter asap if u have even microscopic doubt. And also suggesting all the applicants (who r in the tracker) plz follow the forum till the last day of ur processing, I am not in the shoes of any immigration officer to tell u that but it really helped me and I am 100% sure this suggestion will help u too.
Asbereth, N_O, Govind and Anjuku plz advise me to see any specific information from GCMS note. Thanks guys, without u i would be lost for sure.
That's a good news. I was wondering which one of your work experience SL didnot accept? An when was the date of his assessment?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
ryan_glory said:
That's a good news. I was wondering which one of your work experience SL didnot accept? An when was the date of his assessment?
I just found a scary information in my note. I have submitted three work experience, one from my back home (1 yr and 3 months), second i work in a convenience store on weekend and third one is my TA/RA. I found SL has assessed all these experience and counted only my back home experience since only that one meet the lead statement and main duties. Convenience work experience doesn't fall on skill type O, A or B, so it has not accepted and TA/RA also didn't accepted due to the most famous words lead statement. But this assessment was on May 5th and I have updated TA/RA letter on 24th May. I found they received that letter and even I am surprised in note section FA just pasted my whole e-mail about the updated letter in the text section. Thankfully my back home experience saved me on that time but I am pretty sure eventually they will consider my TA/RA as-well. So, applicants who have not get acceptance with their TA/RA but updated their letter will be considered as long as they attach in ur file.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
good news from me! I've just got passport request together with RFRF and biodata!!!!
I received medical request on july 5th and done the medical examination on july 12th. I've proactively paid my RFRF fees on july 17th and email the scanned receipt to ottawa on the same day but they are still requesting RFRF in this email, maybe the receipt hasn't attached to my application. Anyway, I'll send them the receipt with my passport tomorrow. :)
Good luck guys.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
starrysky said:
good news from me! I've just got passport request together with RFRF and biodata!!!!
I received medical request on july 5th and done the medical examination on july 12th. I've proactively paid my RFRF fees on july 17th and email the scanned receipt to ottawa on the same day but they are still requesting RFRF in this email, maybe the receipt hasn't attached to my application. Anyway, I'll send them the receipt with my passport tomorrow. :)
Good luck guys.
Great!! Congratulations, u r also about to make a record like Mohazy :). Happy for u. Did u paid the RPRF after the medical or prior to the medical. Good luck with ur landing.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Great!! Congratulations, u r also about to make a record like Mohazy :). Happy for u. Did u paid the RPRF after the medical or prior to the medical. Good luck with ur landing.
Thanks kaziahmmed! I think proactively send in the updated ref letter does help. The common thing that I share with Mohazy and HTC2013 is we do proactively send in updated documents.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
starrysky said:
Thanks kaziahmmed! I think proactively send in the updated ref letter does help. The common thing that I share with Mohazy and HTC2013 is we do proactively send in updated documents.
U haven't mentioned about the RPRF fee when did u paid the fee exactly

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
starrysky said:
July 17th. after my medical.
Thanks a lot and Good luck again.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kaziahmmed said:
I just found a scary information in my note. I have submitted three work experience, one from my back home (1 yr and 3 months), second i work in a convenience store on weekend and third one is my TA/RA. I found SL has assessed all these experience and counted only my back home experience since only that one meet the lead statement and main duties. Convenience work experience doesn't fall on skill type O, A or B, so it has not accepted and TA/RA also didn't accepted due to the most famous words lead statement. But this assessment was on May 5th and I have updated TA/RA letter on 24th May. I found they received that letter and even I am surprised in note section FA just pasted my whole e-mail about the updated letter in the text section. Thankfully my back home experience saved me on that time but I am pretty sure eventually they will consider my TA/RA as-well. So, applicants who have not get acceptance with their TA/RA but updated their letter will be considered as long as they attach in ur file.
Do you need to rely on the TA/RA work experience to get above 67 points? If so, then I think you're almost definitely fine, even if worse comes to worst they wouldn't consider the updated letter of reference. You said you got 70 points, this was after they deducted from 3 to 1 year of work experience, right? I really don't think you have anything to worry about then. Congrats :), and just be patient. I think they're currently conducting background check on your wife (since you said she didn't get 'No Reportable Trace' yet).

starrysky said:
Congrats :) You applied in November last year and already PPR, not even CEC is that fast :D

About RPRF, did you send the scanned copy of your receipt to CPP-Ottawa Cost Recovery? It took them about two weeks to attach the payment to my file, so you may want to double check with them :)

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
asbereth said:
Do you need to rely on the TA/RA work experience to get above 67 points? If so, then I think you're almost definitely fine, even if worse comes to worst they wouldn't consider the updated letter of reference. You said you got 70 points, this was after they deducted from 3 to 1 year of work experience, right? I really don't think you have anything to worry about then. Congrats :), and just be patient. I think they're currently conducting background check on your wife (since you said she didn't get 'No Reportable Trace' yet).

Congrats :) You applied in November last year and already PPR, not even CEC is that fast :D

About RPRF, did you send the scanned copy of your receipt to CPP-Ottawa Cost Recovery? It took them about two weeks to attach the payment to my file, so you may want to double check with them :)
Thanks Asbereth, this forum really helps me a lot. And I have visited this website at least 10-20 times per day (paranoid me) so that I was able to know how to update my reference letter with the "magical word".
For RFRF, Yes, I send it to them on the same day, July 17th. But I guess they haven't attach the receipt to my file. Anyway, I just send the hard copy with my passport then.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kaziahmmed said:
First of all congrats! Anyway you got 70 points, however I think FA*** will consider it in the final assessment :)
After how many days did they attach the updated letter?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:
No i don't really rely on the TA/RA now :). I think u r right they r waiting for the background check report even my RCMP screening also shows nothing :(

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
N_O said:
First of all congrats! Anyway you got 70 points, however I think FA*** will consider it in the final assessment :)
After how many days did they attach the updated letter?
I found they updated on 27th of May. According to Xpresspost tracker they received on 24th of May

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
Guys I just got my GCMS today, it was reviewed by SL this time and my Eligibility Status now appear as "Recommend Passed", although they have reduced my three points from my previous assessment (73 before now 70). They increased my spouse points 4 to 5 (since she had masters not bachelor degree) but my work experience reduced 3 yrs to 1 yr. Thankfully they have accepted my updated letter, thats what mentioned in note section. RCMP screening section still shows nothing, i think thats the reason why I am not getting the medical request yet.
So, requesting everyone plz update your letter asap if u have even microscopic doubt. And also suggesting all the applicants (who r in the tracker) plz follow the forum till the last day of ur processing, I am not in the shoes of any immigration officer to tell u that but it really helped me and I am 100% sure this suggestion will help u too.
Asbereth, N_O, Govind and Anjuku plz advise me to see any specific information from GCMS note. Thanks guys, without u i would be lost for sure.
congrats Kazi!.."recommend passed"- these are the magic words we were all waiting for..i had the same in my second set of CAIPS!...so you have definitely passed the eligibility hurdle...now it's only a matter of time and you will get your medicals!..like asbereth mentioned, i think you are stuck on background/security checks right now..good luck with the rest of the PR journey!!