waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
JVJ said:
It is indeed a great day for me as well (Just read GeoCanadian's post :)...Congratulations GeoCanadian!!! )........

I also received medical request and RPRF Request today :)...FINALLY!!

Just a recap of the document requests that I received over the last couple of months -

March 8th - Job Letter (I was missing total number of hours)
April 4th - POF and RCMP Criminal Record Check
May 10th - Medical and RPRF

Both the times they got back to me within 2 weeks.

Admin people please update my information as well..Would love to see me colored BLUE :)...And I hope and wish to see the rest of the people in our tracker as well in BLUE very soon !!

Thanks for this great forum !!!
Just saw your post - congratulations and all the best to you! :)

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
eammar said:
Hi,
Do any one know what is meant by "two years of PhD study", is it two academic years (4 terms), or two calender years (6 terms).
because I finished fall and winter terms of 2011 and 2012 without summer registration, this mean 4 terms of study.
It is equivalent to 6 terms - or 24 months.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
tahhiir said:
@ Stuck in Quebec.

I just want to know. Is there any special requirement if you apply from Quebec.
We don't know yet. A couple of people were rejected on the grounds of being in 2nd year of PhD and not provig the intention to settle outside of Quebec. Maytheflower is other candidate from Quebec. So far we both have been asked documents and its evident now that we have not been evaluated against the selection factor. I have attached the post doctoral offer letter. Waiting for the response.

So nothing needed at the time of application but be ready to face and answer the question of moving out of Quebec.

Fingers crossed, keep looking at this forum, there will be information, for good or for worse.

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Stuck In Quebec said:
We don't know yet. A couple of people were rejected on the grounds of being in 2nd year of PhD and not provig the intention to settle outside of Quebec. Maytheflower is other candidate from Quebec. So far we both have been asked documents and its evident now that we have not been evaluated against the selection factor. I have attached the post doctoral offer letter. Waiting for the response.

So nothing needed at the time of application but be ready to face and answer the question of moving out of Quebec.

Fingers crossed, keep looking at this forum, there will be information, for good or for worse.
Hi,
Did they ask you for moving out of Quebec? or you have been asked for POF so far? if you dont mind, could you please let me know which year of your PhD study are you at the moment?

Azeri

Feb 19, 2013
anjuku said:
good point ;D ;D
Dear Anjuka, I did not include my RA with my application package b/c I did not see the need for that as I do have experience from Iran but interestingly the officer has refused my experience b/c he thinks the duties are not according to NOC 2112 which I claimed. I am 100% sure that there has been a mistake from his side. Now I wish I had included my RA. I want to ask them to re-evaluate my case and I will attach my RA letter to my re-evaluation request. Do you think this is ganna work?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Azeri said:
Dear Anjuka, I did not include my RA with my application package b/c I did not see the need for that as I do have experience from Iran but interestingly the officer has refused my experience b/c he thinks the duties are not according to NOC 2112 which I claimed. I am 100% sure that there has been a mistake from his side. Now I wish I had included my RA. I want to ask them to re-evaluate my case and I will attach my RA letter to my re-evaluation request. Do you think this is ganna work?
I don't think adding RA info to your appeal is going to work...they clearly say that you cannot add new information to a file that has already gone through the whole selection process and has had a decision made on..but if you are convinced that the duties in your original letter are in accordance with NOC2112 then you can try to appeal...i believe there is a two week deadline or something to appeal..but i may be wrong..when did you get your rejection e-mail?

Azeri

Feb 19, 2013
anjuku said:
I don't think adding RA info to your appeal is going to work...they clearly say that you cannot add new information to a file that has already gone through the whole selection process and has had a decision made on..but if you are convinced that the duties in your original letter are in accordance with NOC2112 then you can try to appeal...i believe there is a two week deadline or something to appeal..but i may be wrong..when did you get your rejection e-mail?
Dear Anjuku, Where do you get that information regarding the 2 weeks time allowance for appealing? For me It will be 1 month if I submit my appeal letter this Tuesday. If what you say about two weeks is correct then my struggle to appeal is worthless.....:(, In case I will get rejected again do you think I can re-apply in PhD category? This rejections for PhD candidates is so ridiculous.........Its just wasting the time of people.........and Canada pushes back the people from getting immediately infused in their economy.........

Azeri

Feb 19, 2013
hooman2012 said:
I do like this, but even if you include the RA letter , they TRY to find something to reject it.
Deer Hooman2012, I have a question if I can..I realized that you also appealed after immigration officer rejected your application, is that right? how long did it take you to submit your appeal letter to them after the date you received the refusal letter? For me its almost 1 month that I received the refusal decision and I am willing to submit the appeal letter by Tuesday. Do you think I am late? Also Please advise me for documents that I can include to back up my appeal letter. I wanted to include my RA letter in my appeal to and I hope they consider it too.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi guys,

Am I allowed to run two separate applications under PhD stream at the same time?
Hi,

I can only think of one possibility - if and when two spouses file separate applications as principal applicants including each other as dependents. This would be legitimate and will give you two shots at the same target. Other than this, I don't see how and why you would file two applications under the same stream.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Hi Azeri,

Azeri said:
For me its almost 1 month that I received the refusal decision and I am willing to submit the appeal letter by Tuesday. Do you think I am late? Also Please advise me for documents that I can include to back up my appeal letter. I wanted to include my RA letter in my appeal to and I hope they consider it too.
There is no formal appeal procedure after your application has been rejected. You could challenge the decision of the immigration officer in the Federal Court, but then you're too late---you should have filed a complain in 16 days after the rejection. (I think it was sarsanballa who did this, see her post at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.7920.html.)

On the other hand, you can always write an email to ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca and explain why you think your case should be reconsidered. But from the experience of other forum members, it is extremely unlikely to have the decision changed if you are rejected due to the work experience letter---you can read last 50--100 pages of the thread to convince yourself in this. I still think it is a good idea to try, since writing an email does not take that long. But I would not count on it too much.

You could also post your work experience letter here and let senior forum members (asbereth, TyrusX) comment on the content.

Good luck!

-kg.jadu

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
GeoCanadian said:
Hi,

I can only think of one possibility - if and when two spouses file separate applications as principal applicants including each other as dependents. This would be legitimate and will give you two shots at the same target. Other than this, I don't see how and why you would file two applications under the same stream.
Thanks for your comment. I applied about a year ago and still waiting... but the numerous rejections because of strange reasons seem scary to me. I thought maybe it's a good idea to prepare another application based on the experiences gained through this forum...

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Hi Feb2004,

Feb2004 said:
This question is for those applicants who have received GCMS notes. Do your notes show the same NOC number that you filled in your application?
In my case though I filled NOC 4031, GCMS notes are showing NOC 9914000 just above the occupation. Do I need to take any action?
It is probably a "synthetic NOC code" as a new worker, see the explanation of CAIPS codes at http://wikimmi.com/index.php?title=CAIPS_Codes and the thread at this forum, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/caips-codes-t2988.0.html. It appears to me that it refers to our immigration class of skilled workers. If this is the case, then you have nothing to worry about.

-kg.jadu

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
NeverGiveUp said:
Thanks for your comment. I applied about a year ago and still waiting... but the numerous rejections because of strange reasons seem scary to me. I thought maybe it's a good idea to prepare another application based on the experiences gained through this forum...
If that is what you are thinking just withdraw the original application and re-file a new one. But you cannot leave the original application pending and file another one at the same time - they won't accept it. Good luck!