19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hooman2012 said:
This can not be true, what do you mean by good PhD students? every body can write so much detail about his/her RA. If they need detail they would not say your job description does not match the NOC , they would say not enough detail.
Supporting documents? Like sending our conference and jurnal papers to prove that it is actually part of our RA?
An immigration application is like a test, you don't exactly now how to answer every question they way you prof wants, but you have to be as precised and detailed as possible so your answer is both correct and, more importantly, as close as possible from what the prof expects. So I keep saying: Provide them with DOCUMENTS DOCUMENTS DOCUMENTS. as many as you can, as as detailed as you can, especially for things like work experience. I didn't get a single doc request. What they want in the end is the same thing we want in our researches, we want evidence. Tackle the phd application as if it was a paper where you have to be very scientific, very precise and, at the same time, written with integrity (that means, dot not claim things you don't have like money or work experience if you don't have it) and written in a way that is both persuasive and easy to understand for a layman.

steven30000

Apr 12, 2012
CuriousGuy said:
I applied on January 16, 2012. I presented RA as well as previous experience. I got back email from CIC after two months with my Application number. They started processing my application at the end of January 2013. I was asked to provide police certificates which I submitted in the beginning of March. I got medical request at the end of January as well. I checked my application status on eCAS two weeks ago I was surprised to see "Decision made". It also says that they have received my medical. No PPR so far, not sure if it is a rejection or acceptance :-\
It's quite likely you will get PPR soon. This happened frequently recently where ecas showed Decision Made before PPR email was sent out.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
An immigration application is like a test, you don't exactly now how to answer every question they way you prof wants, but you have to be as precised and detailed as possible so your answer is both correct and, more importantly, as close as possible from what the prof expects. So I keep saying: Provide them with DOCUMENTS DOCUMENTS DOCUMENTS. as many as you can, as as detailed as you can, especially for things like work experience. I didn't get a single doc request. What they want in the end is the same thing we want in our researches, we want evidence. Tackle the phd application as if it was a paper where you have to be very scientific, very precise and, at the same time, written with integrity (that means, dot not claim things you don't have like money or work experience if you don't have it) and written in a way that is both persuasive and easy to understand for a layman.
Well said

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All these rejections are making me so nervous. This is already my second application, and I am so worried that they will reject for the work experience letter again. No matter how complete you write them, there could always be something more they are looking for. Unless the letter is missing critical information, I think they should ask for more detail if they need so. It's so unfair to just reject with a general email without explaining what was they were looking for that was missing...

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
Hi Houra,

Could you share the work experience letter for your second application? My application was rejected for working experience and duties this week. I plan to apply for the second time.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Houra said:
All these rejections are making me so nervous. This is already my second application, and I am so worried that they will reject for the work experience letter again. No matter how complete you write them, there could always be something more they are looking for. Unless the letter is missing critical information, I think they should ask for more detail if they need so. It's so unfair to just reject with a general email without explaining what was they were looking for that was missing...

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
unb_wood said:
Hi Houra,

Could you share the work experience letter for your second application? My application was rejected for working experience and duties this week. I plan to apply for the second time.
Thanks a lot in advance.
UNB_WOOD may you also share your reference letter?

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
Here is the reference letter that I used to write my own one. Actually one of my friends successfully got his PR by claming RA experience using this letter.

This is to certify that Mr. … has been working full-time (37.5 hours/week) as my research assistant since January 2009 at the University of … in the Department of ….
Mr. … ’s main responsibility is to assist me on my research projects and some regular teaching activities (e.g., marking and laboratory instruction). He is currently receiving a funding at $... per year for his work.
Please contact me if you need any additional information.

aidina said:

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
Hi Aidina,

if I re-apply again, Do I need to submit all the required documents (birth certification, education document, police certification and clearance etc.) as we did for the first application?

aidina said:

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
unb_wood said:
Hi Aidina,

if I re-apply again, Do I need to submit all the required documents (birth certification, education document, police certification and clearance etc.) as we did for the first application?
Actually I am going to re-apply the next week. Yesterday, ACE_2012 posted a note he received from Ottawa about this issue. That says that we are allowed to submit the copy of the documents provided we put a note in the application that CIC already has those documents from an earlier FSW application. Personally, I have decided to submit the original of everything again since I do not want to wait another year, and then get rejected for something stupid again.

BTW, make sure that you are not going to submit a reference letter like the one you posted here. That is too brief and does not list any duty for your RA. The number of duties listed for your TA is not sufficient as well. Of course, this is much better than the reference letter I used for my 1st application. We now know that these kinds of reference letters have no chance of success.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Yesterday, ACE_2012 posted a note he received from Ottawa about this issue. That says that we are allowed to submit the copy of the documents provided we put a note in the application that CIC already has those documents from an earlier FSW application.
I think this is just valid for IELTS! Every thing else should be either originals or copies as they are required in the checklist.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
Actually I am going to re-apply the next week. Yesterday, ACE_2012 posted a note he received from Ottawa about this issue. That says that we are allowed to submit the copy of the documents provided we put a note in the application that CIC already has those documents from an earlier FSW application. Personally, I have decided to submit the original of everything again since I do not want to wait another year, and then get rejected for something stupid again.

BTW, make sure that you are not going to submit a reference letter like the one you posted here. That is too brief and does not list any duty for your RA. The number of duties listed for your TA is not sufficient as well. Of course, this is much better than the reference letter I used for my 1st application. We now know that these kinds of reference letters have no chance of success.
What did you do for your IELTS? I need my IELTS too. did you manage to do something?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hooman2012 said:
What did you do for your IELTS? I need my IELTS too. did you manage to do something?
Try following the instructions given in the following link

http://www.ieltscanada.ca/trf.jsp

To request additional TRF's after writing the IELTS test the candidate must complete the Application for the Issue of Additional TRFs and the TRFs-Payment Authorization Form and either e-mail, mail or fax them into the IELTS office. Candidates who have taken the IELTS test over 30 days prior to requesting the TRF must pay an additional $20.00 TRF fee for each additional TRF. Once received at the IELTS office, the Request for Additional TRF's will take 3-5 business days to process and the candidate will receive an email to notify them that it has been sent out.
So what you now need to do is complete the two forms, then fax them to the IELTS office. You need to pay 20 dollars, plus 3 and 5 dollars for shipping fee or something.

aidina said:
Personally, I have decided to submit the original of everything again since I do not want to wait another year, and then get rejected for something stupid again.
I completely agree with this. If it's not too hard to obtain them, it's probably best to resend them originals of everyhing. There have been stories where people got rejected, then they just wrote on the cover letter of their re-applications that CIC had the originals, and they had their application returned. When they re-sent everything, the cap has been reached, and the NOC that the person was eligible had been removed from the next MI!!

N_O said:
I think this is just valid for IELTS! Every thing else should be either originals or copies as they are required in the checklist.
I guess the checklist only mentions about IELTS, but in Ace_2012's rejection letter, the officer states the following

Should you wish to re-apply, you may submit photocopies of the documents and note that the originals were submitted with a previous application. Please note that the results of language testing are only valid for two years from the date of the examination.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
asbereth said:
Try following the instructions given in the following link

http://www.ieltscanada.ca/trf.jsp

So what you now need to do is complete the two forms, then fax them to the IELTS office. You need to pay 20 dollars, plus 3 and 5 dollars for shipping fee or something.

I completely agree with this. If it's not too hard to obtain them, it's probably best to resend them originals of everyhing. There have been stories where people got rejected, then they just wrote on the cover letter of their re-applications that CIC had the originals, and they had their application returned. When they re-sent everything, the cap has been reached, and the NOC that the person was eligible had been removed from the next MI!!

The problem is I do not remember the test center code and Applicant Code. They do not answer phone and email.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
On Monday I will call them as the test centre website is rubbish, and has no information about ordering extra reports. Probably, they will send me the forms to fill and return to them. I will keep you updated as soon as I reach them. I also sent them an e-mail yesterday evening, however, I will call them Monday morning.