Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hey Guys

I was talking to a friend and he asked for advice to file his application. He is a PhD student and has a guaranteed yearly stipend from supervisor. He is not expected to do TA or RA as he is in research intensive department. Will his work towards his own thesis count as research assistant (RA). Will his pay stub and letter from HR stating the minimum expected weekly work hours enough to claim the points and put the required NOC code on the application?

Please share your opinions as I didnt want him to have wrong info as I didn't claim RA work experience.
Yes. He is a RA.

hamoon

Jan 4, 2013
MASOUD2011 said:
Dec 20th...15K but some part it was through a large deposit.
Hi Masoud,

Could you please let me know how much was that large deposit? What was the exact reject email that you received? did they mention the large deposit in their email? and did you include all tranactions of your account in the report you gave them? Was it an official report?

Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hey Guys

I was talking to a friend and he asked for advice to file his application. He is a PhD student and has a guaranteed yearly stipend from supervisor. He is not expected to do TA or RA as he is in research intensive department. Will his work towards his own thesis count as research assistant (RA). Will his pay stub and letter from HR stating the minimum expected weekly work hours enough to claim the points and put the required NOC code on the application?

Please share your opinions as I didnt want him to have wrong info as I didn't claim RA work experience.
I think if he can get a letter from his supervisor, mentioning he is working as a RA, describing his duties, work hours, and his salary , then he will be OK, otherwise he might be in trouble .

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/rachel-decoste/canada-immigrants-dating-site_b_2390279.html

mib26

Jun 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/rachel-decoste/canada-immigrants-dating-site_b_2390279.html
Now hereby i officially announce that Mr.Kenny has been rewarded as the Buffoon of the Year 2012. Congratulations, Dear Mr. Kenny!

Dec 25, 2012
aidina said:
Question 8 definitely asks for a one year of full time work experience in Canada and does not ask whether it was accumulated on a valid work permit or not. I think, it shows that RA/TA is considered provided your letter confirms you were a full time RA/TA (i.e. more than 37 hours a week).

Hi Aidina

I was wondering if you could kindly provide me with the TA/RA sample letter you got form your supervisor.

Tnx for your support

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
yare dabestani said:
Dear Maple Dream

Could you please let us know if they award you the 5 adaptability pts for two years of phd study
or two years TA/RA work experience.

Tnx a lot
Two years study, coz I didn't submit any document about my TA/RA experience.

Feb 21, 2012
MASOUD2011 said:
Dec 20th...15K but some part it was through a large deposit.
I saw some rejection in the thread due to insufficient fund or large deposit. so I just want to ask how much fund in bank is supposed to be sufficient?

Is there a number in some document that I missed?

thanks!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
yare dabestani said:
Hi Aidina

I was wondering if you could kindly provide me with the TA/RA sample letter you got form your supervisor.

Tnx for your support
I do not exactly remember the text of the letter, however, it was stating my main duties as a TA/RA (i.e. doing research in the university lab, marking undergraduate lab's reports, doing lab demos, and etc) while identifying the number of hours per week for each (i.e. 37 hrs for RA and 10 hrs for TA). It was also stating the starting date of my RA /TA duties and emphasizing that I am still employed by the university as a TA/RA.

Dec 25, 2012
aidina said:
I do not exactly remember the text of the letter, however, it was stating my main duties as a TA/RA (i.e. doing research in the university lab, marking undergraduate lab's reports, doing lab demos, and etc) while identifying the number of hours per week for each (i.e. 37 hrs for RA and 10 hrs for TA). It was also stating the starting date of my RA /TA duties and emphasizing that I am still employed by the university as a TA/RA.

Tnx a lot :)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
lawliet4401728 said:
I saw some rejection in the thread due to insufficient fund or large deposit. so I just want to ask how much fund in bank is supposed to be sufficient?

Is there a number in some document that I missed?

thanks!
The link for the amount of funding required is listed on the application guide:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
yare dabestani said:
Hi

Does anyone know if Cousin can be regarded as a close relative by Cic?

Tnx
I believe it cannot.

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hi,

I appreciate it if someone can comment on the proof of financial support. Is it enough to just provide a bank statement mentioning the account balance for a specific date (i.e. 15 January 2013); or I have to submit a transaction history for a period of time (i.e. 3 months).
Does the TA/RA contract count as a financial support? For example, a letter from my supervisor mentioning my salary for the last and the next two years.

Also, any news for applicants from Quebec?

Thanks a ton :)

beni

Dec 8, 2009
yare dabestani said:
Hi

Does anyone know if Cousin can be regarded as a close relative by Cic?

Tnx
I don't think so. Here is what CIC says,

Relatives in Canada
You, or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a relative (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, sibling, child of a grandparent, aunt or uncle, or grandchild of a parent, niece or nephew) who is residing in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptability.asp