Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
vikas.patel said:
Hey folks,

I also got rejection just due to the L of ATT. My file was reached at CIC on Sep 13-12. Now, I am going to submit again by today or tommorow. My question is, do they consider my file from Sep 13 or it just start from beginng? It's really frustrating guys:))) your help is really appriciated
It is really frustrating! hope you succeed with your second trial. When did you get your application back, is that today ?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
another guy that got a request for explanation about it's savings:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-phd-officer-not-satisfied-funds-are-my-own-t125127.0.html

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
maytheflower said:
There was a trick in this document. In the PDF version, there is a sentence on the bottom 'should be stamped by a university seal'. However, when you print it out, that sentence will not be displayed.

Be careful with this.
Actually I copied and paste from PDF version. there was not sentence like that. Maybe they change the document check list recently. I am not sure.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
vikas.patel said:
Hey folks,

I also got rejection just due to the L of ATT. My file was reached at CIC on Sep 13-12. Now, I am going to submit again by today or tommorow. My question is, do they consider my file from Sep 13 or it just start from beginng? It's really frustrating guys:))) your help is really appriciated
it just start from beginng

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
Hi,

I am going to apply for immigration in couple of months on PHD stream line basis, I get very good information from this forum, but i am worried about couple of things:

1- I am planning to marry next month , Is it Ok ? If I apply for PR while I am in Canada and my wife would be at back home.

2-Proof of funds seems big issue as an student I don't have such big amount in my account. or I have seen people got rejection they showed this unusual amount in accounts,

Need advise

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
blackrock said:
Hi,

I am going to apply for immigration in couple of months on PHD stream line basis, I get very good information from this forum, but i am worried about couple of things:

1- I am planning to marry next month , Is it Ok ? If I apply for PR while I am in Canada and my wife would be at back home.

2-Proof of funds seems big issue as an student I don't have such big amount in my account. or I have seen people got rejection they showed this unusual amount in accounts,

Need advise
1. Marrying is good. Gives you extra 5 points. Not sure about the fact that she will be abroad. May be a problem, or not.
2. You truly need that money and it truly needs to be yours. Or at least look that way.

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
9-01-2014 (COPR Received)
Yes, exactly. My attestation letter was NOT in a sealed envelope, but the letter itself did have an embossed stamp (also known as a seal) on it. This kind of seal is what is required. I do not think that a sealed envelope is what CIC is requesting.

And for those who said they submitted a transcript instead of the attestation letter because the checklist said "Attestation Letter OR Transcript", your application will probably be returned to you if you have not completed your PhD. If you look at the details in the checklist, the option of sending only a transcript and not the attestation letter is only available to those who have finished their degree and graduated. If you are still in your PhD program, you MUST include the attestation letter. Transcript should be included, but the letter is a necessity.

Shomo said:
I really think what they mean by a sealed letter is not a stamped one but an embossed one (when you put the letter under pressure, there will be a raised pattern) like these:

I think so because all the people form my university are given letters with this kind of seal, without stamp and not in any envelope and still they have all got PERs.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
northyorkca said:
Yes, exactly. My attestation letter was NOT in a sealed envelope, but the letter itself did have an embossed stamp (also known as a seal) on it. This kind of seal is what is required. I do not think that a sealed envelope is what CIC is requesting.

And for those who said they submitted a transcript instead of the attestation letter because the checklist said "Attestation Letter OR Transcript", your application will probably be returned to you if you have not completed your PhD. If you look at the details in the checklist, the option of sending only a transcript and not the attestation letter is only available to those who have finished their degree and graduated. If you are still in your PhD program, you MUST include the attestation letter. Transcript should be included, but the letter is a necessity.

Actually my attestation letter did not have any seal or even stamp on it. I applied on Feb 2012. on that time, there was no template for attestation letter.
first I sent my application without that letter and it got rejected and I resent the application with attestation letter.
I just request a letter with requested information "good academic standing",... and they just sign it. And they accepted it without any stamp or seal. I do not know may be recently they are very picky.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
TyrusX said:
1. Marrying is good. Gives you extra 5 points. Not sure about the fact that she will be abroad. May be a problem, or not.
2. You truly need that money and it truly needs to be yours. Or at least look that way.
After your wife gets the visa you can apply, safely.
Try to get it from your bank back home, and/or keep it in your account for 6 months. In addition, I prefer you get bank statements from people who are relatives (write that in an attached letter) so the cic officer will understand that your relatives are supporting you and see they are the source of your fund and he will feel comfortable to know the source of your money. He will not need to ask you more and more questions.

MASOUD2011

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
I was wondering if sending the requested docs (banks statement,...) by email would be enough. I don't want to wait for some docs to get here from my home country.

Thanks.

abdo57

May 29, 2012
Hey.. congratulations :)

I am from Egypt as well and I wanted to ask you what you did regarding the evidence of the total number of years of education? Did you manage to submit documents proving these years?

Another question, did you actually have to certify copies of documents such as the passport, etc?

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdo57 said:

I am from Egypt as well and I wanted to ask you what you did regarding the evidence of the total number of years of education? Did you manage to submit documents proving these years?

Another question, did you actually have to certify copies of documents such as the passport, etc?
At least for passport, I think there is no need for certified copy, becouse finally you will provide the original.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
abdo57 said:

I attached transcripts from all my scholar years. Transcripts and diplomas from primary/secondary education, plus bachelors and masters.
Normal copies are good for the passport.

abdo57

May 29, 2012
TyrusX said:
I attached transcripts from all my scholar years. Transcripts and diplomas from primary/secondary education, plus bachelors and masters.
Did you send translated documents?
If so, did you make the translation from the certified copy, or did you just send a certified copy along with the translated document?
Thanks...

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
Me too, I have included both the sealed letter as well as my transcripts of my phd, masters, bachelor, college and high school. Included all the certificates with them. I submitted all the notarized copies instead of normal copy. But i submitted normal copy of my passport (nd my wife's as well).