+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appendix A:

im-sponsoring

Oct 15, 2009
My husband is a Jordanian National, born and resides in Saudi Arabia. He only left Saudi Arabia for 5 years when he was in University in Lebanon.

In the appendix A requirements

Section 2: Identity and Civil Status documents: It says that if you are a resident of Jordan, Iran, Lebanon, and Syria also provide the following:

- civil status certificates for the principal applicant, spouse and all family members
- family book

We got married July 2009. Our marriage is only registered in UAE where it took place. I have a translated marriage certificate notorized by the Canadian Embassy. The marriage is not yet registered in any other country. We do not have any family book/ list together. The one that he has is for his family (parents and siblings). Is this a problem?

Also, if my spouse is not a resident of Jordan, he is a resident of Saudi Arabia, does he need a civil status certificate from Jordan? He barely ever goes to Jordan.

Section 6: The other issue is regarding the police certificates: It states in the kit that this is required for each country the applicant has resided in after turning 18. Im my husbands case, that is only in Lebanon and in Saudi Arabia. Right? Or does he need to get a Jordanian one too?? Please help.

Thanks!

Niyati

Oct 19, 2009
Although I cannot offer any advice for Section 2, if your husband hasn't lived in Jordan at all since before he turned 18 then my guess is that he does NOT need a police certificate for it. I would suggest trying to reach Immigraton by phone before submitting your application without it, though. Good luck!

im-sponsoring

Oct 15, 2009
Thanks thats what I was thinking with regards to section 6.

Do you know how I can reach immigration?? Is there a number that you have handy?

Also, do you know how you can go about registering the marriage in Canada. All I have is a translated certificate with the Canadian Embassy stamp.

Thanks