+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal or new application

sexyspice

Mar 30, 2012
Sorry to repost this but I didnt get a reply > :eek:

The scenario is that my partner and I are older adults we have children in their 20s, my youngest boys are 18 and 20 this year (not his children). We applied common law because we are both newly divorced, myself I had been separated for almost 14 years but just got divorced prior to starting the sponsorship, myself and my partner, the sponsor have been together in a relationship for about 6 years, and lived together for 2 years, problem is proof of cohabitation is hard to come by on the island because I have owned my house for almost 15 years alone, and all my bills etc come in my name, my partner hardly received mail here and the houses dont have street numbers so immigration questioned that and didnt believe me, so our mail just says the village and the parish.

Based on the age of my boys, should I appeal or should I reapply.

We have valid Visa's and would like to attend my daughter's wedding in Aug. See any issues with this?

Timeline was actually quite fast, applied June 2011, aor Sept 2011, Interview request Dec 2011 I received an interview in Jan 7 2012 and the interview went bad as she wanted more proof of our common law status and we are unable to provide additional proof, what should be my next step.

My partner (sponsor) is currently in Toronto seeking medical attention and I was hoping to be there ti support him.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
In the end, only you can decide what to do. In your shoes, I would appeal the decision, as what you have appears to be a lack of evidence. The time leading up to the appeal will allow for you to address those deficiencies.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
sexyspice said:
We have valid Visa's and would like to attend my daughter's wedding in Aug. See any issues with this?
The border agents don't have to let you in, even with a valid visa, but realistically they almost always do. I would go. Bring proof of your ties to your country - return tickets, bank account, house deed, proof of enrollment in school for the children, letter from your boss giving you time off, etc.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are both legally divorced, that is nothing that stops you from getting married now in which case you will not have to prove that you are living together. If your partner is not getting any mail to your house, it is hard to prove that he lives there, isn't it?

Your boys are still considered dependent children as long as they are under 22 when you apply and not married or living in common law relationships themselves. Even if the application drags on, their age is locked in but they can still not get married until they are PR's.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
It will be refunded to your sponsor, since the application was refused and you have not appealed that refusal.

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
hello everyone.....
i need someone to give me some advice.... plz

my husband got refuse do the fact that we were not able to present police clearance.... now i was send the appeal form..... what i need to know is if it is a good idea to appeal or to simply summit the application again.... my husband was able to get his police clearance but we miss deadline to summit them.... now if we do reapply/re summit can he be refuse again because of previous issue with police clearance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gricelanora said:
hello everyone.....
i need someone to give me some advice.... plz

my husband got refuse do the fact that we were not able to present police clearance.... now i was send the appeal form..... what i need to know is if it is a good idea to appeal or to simply summit the application again.... my husband was able to get his police clearance but we miss deadline to summit them.... now if we do reapply/re summit can he be refuse again because of previous issue with police clearance.
Strictly speaking, you have no grounds to appeal because you missed the deadline you were given but you can try it none the less. If the visa officier is in a happy mood, they may let you slide. Otherwise, you have to apply again. Having missed a deadline for something on your first application will not affect any future applications.

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
thanks for your reply leon,
when or if i reapply again do i have to make any reference to previous application or give any kind of reasons as to why i was refuse...

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, on the forms there are questions about whether you have applied before or been refused, and you will have to answer 'yes', then explain why.