+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal disaster

B

boyee6576

In our case we had a really nasty IO who was racists and rude. I think that the interview should be video recorded. And given to a superior in the even of a complaint. The video can be reviewed by someone who is NOT the officer who interviewed and if the complaint is justified then the processes gets to continue with having to go through an appeal and the officer is put on warning or fired depending on the case. If the complaint is not justified then the video can be released to the applicant to have for their appeal. This is my opinion only but haveing gone through the nightmare of the rejection and appeal, I just feel there is a better way to do this.

Canadianwoman you have all my sympathy and then some. Now the wait that will take an even bigger tole on your nevers is ahead of you. Its just a shame that these people are allowed to be judges. There was no justice for you but I hope and pray that the out come is good and you can put that horrible experience behind you. God bless you and hang in there we are all with you! hugs

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Thanks for your kindness.
Honestly, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their decisions. People get in who are in fake marriages; others are refused or have to wait a long time who are in real marriages. I think they should 1. hire more visa officers so they can process cases faster; at least then you wouldn't be waiting 2 or 3 years just to be rejected. And 2. maybe they could make the system more like the American one. There, if the couple is not still together after 3 years in the USA, there will be a fraud interview. I realize it is difficult to tell sometimes if a relationship is genuine. If foreign spouses or partners could more quickly get into Canada, but there was some follow-up to check that the relationship is genuine after entering Canada, it would be easier on everyone.

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
I agree with Canadianwoman somehow. For example, Australian immigration will investigate the couple once the partner is allowed to permit in the country (similar to US fiancee visa). As I know from my friend, the immigration will give them to live in Australia but without work permit yet until they can be satisfied by the immigration. Also, the immigration officer will keep checking them from time to time and if they live in the same house during their two years together or not.

In the US, people can enter to the US easily. For example, they can enter and hold PR card by holding fiancee visa. If the couple feel they need to be together after their 3 months together, they have to get married, but if not, they just separate and that person has to return to his/her home country while Canada immigration need the couple should get married before entering or staying common-law/conjungal partner for a year before applying for the PR.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I just love the idea of being granted a spousal PR and then having to wait 2/3 years afterwards to prove the relationship is still genuine before being given full PR, this makes so much sense.

It will stop all fraudulent marriage PR claims, make the PR applications for genuine marriages easier....got to be a win/win for everyone.

For the sake of people like canadianwomen and others going through this silly process...we should all write to the government outlining this suggestion and make it law.

I

iarblue

I was hoping to come on here friday and she gave us good news.I want to see them get this done and begin their life.I was waiting to see her yelling it was done,but :(

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
angelbrat said:
I just love the idea of being granted a spousal PR and then having to wait 2/3 years afterwards to prove the relationship is still genuine before being given full PR, this makes so much sense.

It will stop all fraudulent marriage PR claims, make the PR applications for genuine marriages easier....got to be a win/win for everyone.

For the sake of people like canadianwomen and others going through this silly process...we should all write to the government outlining this suggestion and make it law.
As long as I would still be able to get a work permit so I wasn't a drag on my spouse I'd have no problem with that.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
canadianwoman said:
Thanks for your kindness.
Honestly, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their decisions. People get in who are in fake marriages; others are refused or have to wait a long time who are in real marriages. I think they should 1. hire more visa officers so they can process cases faster; at least then you wouldn't be waiting 2 or 3 years just to be rejected. And 2. maybe they could make the system more like the American one. There, if the couple is not still together after 3 years in the USA, there will be a fraud interview. I realize it is difficult to tell sometimes if a relationship is genuine. If foreign spouses or partners could more quickly get into Canada, but there was some follow-up to check that the relationship is genuine after entering Canada, it would be easier on everyone.
Did they indicate when you will receive their decision? How long is the expected wait for a yes or no?

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
annieann13 said:
I agree with Canadianwoman somehow. For example, Australian immigration will investigate the couple once the partner is allowed to permit in the country (similar to US fiancee visa). As I know from my friend, the immigration will give them to live in Australia but without work permit yet until they can be satisfied by the immigration. Also, the immigration officer will keep checking them from time to time and if they live in the same house during their two years together or not.

In the US, people can enter to the US easily. For example, they can enter and hold PR card by holding fiancee visa. If the couple feel they need to be together after their 3 months together, they have to get married, but if not, they just separate and that person has to return to his/her home country while Canada immigration need the couple should get married before entering or staying common-law/conjungal partner for a year before applying for the PR.
It may be easy to get a fiancee visa to the US but the time line is closer to the processing of a PR Cda application. It's the 'spousal' application to the States that is relatively quick and easy and then only if the spouse is a US citizen.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
heatherusa said:
Did they indicate when you will receive their decision? How long is the expected wait for a yes or no?
Hi everyone. The judge said she would make her decision in 3 or 4 weeks; the appeal was on July 5th, so we're still waiting. I was going to go back to Malaysia to stay with my husband whether the answer was yes or no (even 'yes' means a long wait), but my mother is really sick now, so I'm staying here to be with her.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
CDNWOMAN,

I can't express how sorry I truly am for all that you are going through.
This is indeed a clear example of injustice and I really hope and pray that you get a positive outcome from the IAD judge. My heart really goes out to you.

My prayers and good wishes are with you and your family through this beyond tough time.

Best wishes,
Confused.

Luca73

Jul 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:

Why not? Good idea!!

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
With regards to the 2-3 years "landed" before getting PR status, personally I think it's a terrible idea.

You are punishing the majority of the people who are in genuine relationships due to the actions of a few that are not.

Marriages break down - sponsors decide they don't want to be married anymore - and sometimes after waiting what seems a lifetime to get PR and be with their spouses, when they finally get to be together things are not the same.

So.... you are punishing those spouses who, through no fault of their own, find themselves divorced or separated.

What about those who, after they come to Canada and live with their sponsors (husbands/wives) find that their spouse has become abusive? Should they be punished also? What if their sponsor was using them?? Took all their money and then kicked them out?

Most spouses give up their homes and livelihood to enable them to come to Canada... what would they have to go back to? Some cultures look down on divorced women and they are isolated - what would you send them back to?

Think!

Sorry, but you should think of the different scenario's that could occur before making blind statements that all spousal sponsorships should have to live with their sponsors for 2-3 years before becoming PR's.

:mad:

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
It seems to me that a lot of the problem is the government not leaving enough of it to the people involved to be intelligent adults. I mean.. they need to understand that it is a big undertaking to sponsor someone or to come to a new country. People need to realize that there are scams and bad people out there. I figure just about anyone who is of an age to marry should be able to understand that. If someone has contacted you online, you chat for a month and then go and get married, you should probably know that it's lot likely true love.

I understand that smart people get tricked sometimes, but at the same time, scams and false marriages known to both parties get through CIC's process every day while genuine people like canadianwoman get harassed and frankly have their lives ruined. Yes, there needs to be some vetting process for new Canadians, but months/years of waiting and torture just to "protect" people who are old enough to understand what they are getting into shouldn't be the norm.

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
Siouxie said:
With regards to the 2-3 years "landed" before getting PR status, personally I think it's a terrible idea.

You are punishing the majority of the people who are in genuine relationships due to the actions of a few that are not.

Marriages break down - sponsors decide they don't want to be married anymore - and sometimes after waiting what seems a lifetime to get PR and be with their spouses, when they finally get to be together things are not the same.

So.... you are punishing those spouses who, through no fault of their own, find themselves divorced or separated.

What about those who, after they come to Canada and live with their sponsors (husbands/wives) find that their spouse has become abusive? Should they be punished also? What if their sponsor was using them?? Took all their money and then kicked them out?

Most spouses give up their homes and livelihood to enable them to come to Canada... what would they have to go back to? Some cultures look down on divorced women and they are isolated - what would you send them back to?

Think!

Sorry, but you should think of the different scenario's that could occur before making blind statements that all spousal sponsorships should have to live with their sponsors for 2-3 years before becoming PR's.

:mad:
But if the relationship is good, waiting 2-3 years for full PR wont make a difference and if the relationship breaks down, then the applicant could probably want to move back to their own country anyway. I came to Canada to be with my wife, I didn't marry my wife just to come to Canada. If it helped weed out the fraudulent marriages, then why not. Honest people have nothing to fear.