VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was just updated. Medicals turned to passed, BG from NN to NS, Documents from blank to NN

leo13

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
Hi guys! AOR december 16! good luck! medical no news yet! Can you add me?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mr Optimist said:
That's interesting... I expected PNP will be given preference for crying out loud last year!! :)

First it was CEC vs FSW during OINP... Now FSW-O vs PNP-O!! Why am I always on the weaker side?!! Aargh!!
Well, the bad news is, from the data available, it appears that PNP-O applicants are processed a little slower than their FSW-O counterparts.

From the NDVO spreadsheet, for instance, we can see that the average processing time for 66 FSW-O applicants is 161 days. For PNP-O applicants (based on the data of 85 applicants) is 175 days. This is a very small sample set AND it shows data from one VO only.

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, the bad news is, from the data available, it appears that PNP-O applicants are processed a little slower than their FSW-O counterparts.

From the NDVO spreadsheet, for instance, we can see that the average processing time for 66 FSW-O applicants is 161 days. For PNP-O applicants (based on the data of 85 applicants) is 175 days. This is a very small sample set AND it shows data from one VO only.
As Mr Optimist wrote, I also use to often hear and read that PNP-O applications are usually processed much faster than FSW-O applications. But now I think either it was all myth created for us, or the legend was wrong in calculating the data :).

But most probably the same VO, mentioned in the spreadsheet, will process our application. Again it will be luck-by-chance kind of thing.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
musicnlyrx said:
As Mr Optimist wrote, I also use to often hear and read that PNP-O applications are usually processed much faster than FSW-O applications. But now I think either it was all myth created for us, or the legend was wrong in calculating the data :).

But most probably the same VO, mentioned in the spreadsheet, will process our application. Again it will be luck-by-chance kind of thing.
Well, you could calculate the average for yourself. Link in my signature.

Yes, there are always exceptional cases. I'm game if NDVO wants to issue PPRs sooner for PNP applicants (who doesn't want that?) but I suppose we should keep the 6 months timeline in mind to avoid disappointment :).

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:

Yes, there are always exceptional cases. I'm game if NDVO wants to issue PPRs sooner for PNP applicants (who doesn't want that?) but I suppose we should keep the 6 months timeline in mind to avoid disappointment :).
I think the difference of the 10 days (week and something) is because of the additional step, when they contact your province (which they do). So it points that everything else is treated just as fast for FSW-O and PNP-O applicants. Advantage of a PNP is that there is lower rejection rate on the basis of a non complete application (most of the time EE PNP streams has very similar documents requirements).

aditik15

Jun 28, 2015
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
26-04-2017
vensak said:
I think the difference of the 10 days (week and something) is because of the additional step, when they contact your province (which they do). So it points that everything else is treated just as fast for FSW-O and PNP-O applicants. Advantage of a PNP is that there is lower rejection rate on the basis of a non complete application (most of the time EE PNP streams has very similar documents requirements).
That's really weird. I always thought pnp would get processed faster since most of the checks have been done by the province.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vensak said:
Yea, may be. If we can put together and analyze the data from multiple VOs, then we can get a clearer picture.

aditik15 said:
That's really weird. I always thought pnp would get processed faster since most of the checks have been done by the province.
That's what the intuition says, yes. IRCC does its own checks though.

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
As "legend" I am not pointing the blame to you, but metaphorically saying as the legend said :). I know you from our OINP days. I believe in you. :)

Saw the spreadsheet many days ago by clicking on the link from your timeline only and I also was confused about this but did not wrote back here in the forum. Bcoz I was also thinking about the same thing you mentioned: it's small sample and we cannot generalize anything based on the small sample.

rajkamalmohanram said:
6 months is at least. No questions aboutt it, anything before is a blessing :).

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
hello guys,

Coming back again after quite long time!
- Ontario Provincial Nomination transferred to new profile 06.01.2017
- ITA received 11.01.2017
- Application submitted 17.01.2016
- RPRF paid upfront : $ 1040 CAD

now I will go back in the thread to know all the notes and the updates! Wish me luck guys and the same for you as well :D :D

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
by the way I have a question, is it an issue for someone which would affect the process and might lead to rejection in case I applied for a visitor visa 2 years ago and got rejected? I have mentioned that already in my application but my representative said no need to go into details, she only mentioned when it was applied and rejected!

thanks in advance for the help!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
s.abuhass said:
by the way I have a question, is it an issue for someone which would affect the process and might lead to rejection in case I applied for a visitor visa 2 years ago and got rejected? I have mentioned that already in my application but my representative said no need to go into details, she only mentioned when it was applied and rejected!

thanks in advance for the help!
Past rejections wouldn't necessarily affect your current application. As long as you have mentioned it, you are good to go IMO.

gagan.dhillon

Jun 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 dec 2015
Nomination.....
23 dec 2016
AOR Received.
18 Jan 2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14 Jan 2017
Submitted my e-apr today and Got AOR.

@BestOfLuck,Please add me in the list.

ITA - 4th Jan 2017
AOR - 18th Jan 2017
Eligibility - Review in Progress
Medical - NN
BGC - NN

yumika

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19 Dec, 2016
AOR Received.
06 Jan, 2017
Hello,

Application Status changed to

Application/profile status - Open
Review of eligibility - Review in Progress
Review of medical results - Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
A background check is needed - Not Started
Final decision - Not Started

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are pros and cons either way. If PR is issued for PNP faster, CIC will make provinces happy and it will be filling the right gaps since provinces issue nominations for select candidates in select category. In addition, since provinces have already validated the case, chances of ending up with fake candidates is low. On the other hand, country will end up issuing PRs but movement is restricted.

This drawback is taken care in case of FSW PRs but then Canada might end up with people who may not have the skill the country needs and skills gap might not be closed effectively...

If Canada chooses to go with latter, who can stop them?! Personally, I feel fast tracking PNP candidates is more beneficial. But, it is what it is. CIC might have better reasons. Moreover, 10-20 delays is not bad. OINP has made sure, we are seasoned in waiting game!! :)