hachuflay

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
t3kids said:
I don't have it on email. They only send to institutions. Why ask for ECA if they still want us to upload the transcript. This is just frustrating :mad:

If I remember correctly, it wasn´t sent to mail but you were able to download a pdf from their website for a limited period of time. If you need a duplicate, you will have to pay unfortunetly.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
hachuflay said:
If I remember correctly, it wasn´t sent to mail but you were able to download a pdf from their website for a limited period of time. If you need a duplicate, you will have to pay unfortunetly.
He wants a copy of transcript. I think he can still download from university website or get a copy of it.

by the way i was talking about mail from university. In my case the university sent me the email to check whether they are sending the right thing.

hachuflay

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
He wants a copy of transcript. I think he can still download from university website or get a copy of it.

by the way i was talking about mail from university. In my case the university sent me the email to check whether they are sending the right thing.
My apologies! In our case, we went to the university to get the latest official transcripts. We were able to download it from the student portal, but it was not official

t3kids

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
hachuflay said:
From what website? My institutions don't have transcripts on their websites

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
t3kids said:
From what website? My institutions don't have transcripts on their websites
If you can reach your Institution go and get a copy of your transcripts. Or you can ask someone to do that and upload if you are not in the same city.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
bestofluck said:
A letter from your parents is okay....
Thanks bestofluck! Hopefully this is not going to jeopardize my application :'(

Just when I thought I could send my application the day of ITA, I realized my loans are going to be a problem :-\

TheGuitarist

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Nomination.....
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
IELTS Request
30-08-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2017
bestofluck said:

Am i missing something here? i just uploaded the ECA and the convocation of my highest degree? isnt that enough. i do have the transcripts but they are sealed by the university, so couldnt open them as I thought they might be required later on.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Hey guys,

Just to make sure, base on the CIC requirements for POF, we don't need to provide monthly transactions for each one of our bank accounts, right? The CIC clearly says we need to provide "the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months."

Also check this link for the recommended template which I used in my case ( look under "Is there a fixed format for the Express Entry proof of funds Bank letter?"):
http://canadavisahelpcentre.com/requirements-steps-tips-express-entry-proof-funds/

I have obtained a letter from my bank drafted based on CIC requirements but I am not including copies of my bank statements so just wondering if this is sufficient for POF.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
AmirHNK said:
Hey guys,

Just to make sure, base on the CIC requirements for POF, we don't need to provide monthly transactions for each one of our bank accounts, right? The CIC clearly says we need to provide "the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months."

Also check this link for the recommended template which I used in my case ( look under "Is there a fixed format for the Express Entry proof of funds Bank letter?"):
http://canadavisahelpcentre.com/requirements-steps-tips-express-entry-proof-funds/

I have obtained a letter from my bank drafted based on CIC requirements but I am not including copies of my bank statements so just wondering if this is sufficient for POF.
How do they know how many accounts you have ? just submit one active account statements for 6 months.you do not have to show average balance but you need to show the latest balance.

if you think bank letter alone is not sufficient you can send them statements. simple, why take a risk and depend on others !!

lovelyece

Star Member
Nov 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding "Has this person ever used any other name"

While filling Application Form after receiving ITA, there is this question "Has this person ever used any other name"

I have given name just same as in my passport and in my passport surname field is blank.

Say my name is "abc singh" and "xyz" is my surname.

i have 3 past job experiences.

In the lastest 2 job experiences, name on exp letter etc is abc singh
in the last experience , name on exp letter is "abc singh xyz" i.e surname is also included in the name.

Now please suggest me that do presence of surname in a past job (more than 5 years old) complies to answer the above question as "yes" ?

Please help

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Re: Regarding "Has this person ever used any other name"

lovelyece said:
While filling Application Form after receiving ITA, there is this question "Has this person ever used any other name"

I have given name just same as in my passport and in my passport surname field is blank.

Say my name is "abc singh" and "xyz" is my surname.

i have 3 past job experiences.

In the lastest 2 job experiences, name on exp letter etc is abc singh
in the last experience , name on exp letter is "abc singh xyz" i.e surname is also included in the name.

Now please suggest me that do presence of surname in a past job (more than 5 years old) complies to answer the above question as "yes" ?

Please help
Well as I told you before there is no problem in your case. This refers to pet names or names changed during the life span or used multiple names in diff documents. e.g if there are diff names in birth certificate and Passport. If the names in passport and marriage certificate is diff ( in case of women).

Still if you think you are confused send them an affidavit saying the names abc singh and abc singh xyz are same person. Play safe whenever you feel there is confusion.

t3kids

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
bestofluck said:
If you can reach your Institution go and get a copy of your transcripts. Or you can ask someone to do that and upload if you are not in the same city.
I'm in Canada. My institutions are in Nigeria, but they do not give transcripts to former students. They only send to institutions. I thought that was the whole purpose of the ECA. I have a transcript for my schooling in Canada, i will upload that transcript and my degree from home. Then i will explain in a letter that ECA is done and school will not hand me a copy of transcript.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
t3kids said:
I'm in Canada. My institutions are in Nigeria, but they do not give transcripts to former students. They only send to institutions. I thought that was the whole purpose of the ECA. I have a transcript for my schooling in Canada, i will upload that transcript and my degree from home. Then i will explain in a letter that ECA is done and school will not hand me a copy of transcript.
If you have a proof of rules and regulations that they dont give transcripts to former student attach that page or webpage with LOE. Hope this wont be very imp for them as we are all assessed by WES. Good luck

you can send an email to your university and whatever reply you get just attach it.

note: even if they dont give copy of transcripts to former students they must have given you one while you left. try to find out that if it is possible.

lovelyece

Star Member
Nov 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bestofluck said:
Well as I told you before there is no problem in your case. This refers to pet names or names changed during the life span or used multiple names in diff documents. e.g if there are diff names in birth certificate and Passport. If the names in passport and marriage certificate is diff ( in case of women).

Still if you think you are confused send them an affidavit saying the names abc singh and abc singh xyz are same person. Play safe whenever you feel there is confusion.
in my case, its one of the experience letter has different name than rest all the documents (rest of experience letters, passport,birth certificate etc) . So shall i given "yes" answer to the above question.

Although OINP didnt raise any objection abt it , dont know if cic will.

Thanks

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017

lovelyece said:
in my case, its one of the experience letter has different name than rest all the documents (rest of experience letters, passport,birth certificate etc) . So shall i given "yes" answer to the above question.

Although OINP didnt raise any objection abt it , dont know if cic will.

Thanks
safe to put an affidavit saying the names are of same person. taking a risk at this stage is not affordable.