+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in November 2015 - Let's get together

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
So I called CIC just now, and after two attempts I was transferred to the most professional agent (Drew) who confirmed that my application has been approved since 2nd May (Monday). He made it a point that CIC has fulfilled the 6 month processing time on my file (AOR Nov 5) ;D And I was told to wait for the PPR e-mail, but he could not confirm when I would receive it :'(

So my question is thus: Has anyone seen this before? Does this have anything to do with the fact that my application is being processed in Ottawa while my LVO is Pretoria?

Any takers?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
mcadam said:
So my question is thus: Has anyone seen this before?
Yes. Someone posted their GCMS notes that had everything approved, but it took a few weeks before he got the PPR mail. It was an outland VO.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that my application is being processed in Ottawa while my LVO is Pretoria?

Any takers?
No.

They send PPR by batches, you perhaps missed the last rain by a hair.

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
bellaluna said:
Yes. Someone posted their GCMS notes that had everything approved, but it took a few weeks before he got the PPR mail. It was an outland VO.

No.

They send PPR by batches, you perhaps missed the last rain by a hair.
Oh iSee now! Few weeks though :'(

Thanks mate. +1

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
mcadam said:
So I called CIC just now, and after two attempts I was transferred to the most professional agent (Drew) who confirmed that my application has been approved since 2nd May (Monday). He made it a point that CIC has fulfilled the 6 month processing time on my file (AOR Nov 5) ;D And I was told to wait for the PPR e-mail, but he could not confirm when I would receive it :'(

So my question is thus: Has anyone seen this before? Does this have anything to do with the fact that my application is being processed in Ottawa while my LVO is Pretoria?

Any takers?
Hi mcadam,

Did your background go "in progress" at any time? I have Pretoria VO too and my application according to my gcms notes in march 2016 says after dec 4th 2015 nothing has been done on my application. Hence the need to know more details from somebody who shares same VO.

Btw NBOCT from oct thread has mentioned that his application was approved (as he saw in his set of gcms notes) in March/April ( I forget which month) and he still hasn't received the RFV email. He is also not being provided any useful info from CIC (you were lucky that way to get a useful agent).

Don't know where the issue is.. with CIC or with Pretoria VO. :-\

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
Musikwala said:
Hi mcadam,

Did your background go "in progress" at any time? I have Pretoria VO too and my application according to my gcms notes in march 2016 says after dec 4th 2015 nothing has been done on my application. Hence the need to know more details from somebody who shares same VO.

Btw NBOCT from oct thread has mentioned that his application was approved (as he saw in his set of gcms notes) in March/April ( I forget which month) and he still hasn't received the RFV email. He is also not being provided any useful info from CIC (you were lucky that way to get a useful agent).

Don't know where the issue is.. with CIC or with Pretoria VO. :-\
Hello Musikwala,

Yes my BGC went to In Progress 1st April.

So your GCMS notes confirm that your application is been processed by Pretoria? I only got to know that my application was been processed by CPO Ottawa when Pretoria VO replied to my CSE saying they have updated my address, however I must direct any further enquiries to CPO Ottawa. CIC agent also confirmed the same today. So it looks like my file was never sent to Pretoria. Now that begs the question, where do you think they'll ask me to send my passport?

So NBOCT is also Pretoria VO??? This is a cause for concern #sigh

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
mcadam said:
Hello Musikwala,

Yes my BGC went to In Progress 1st April.

So your GCMS notes confirm that your application is been processed by Pretoria? I only got to know that my application was been processed by CPO Ottawa when Pretoria VO replied to my CSE saying they have updated my address, however I must direct any further enquiries to CPO Ottawa. CIC agent also confirmed the same today. So it looks like my file was never sent to Pretoria. Now that begs the question, where do you think they'll ask me to send my passport?

So NBOCT is also Pretoria VO??? This is a cause for concern #sigh
Yes my gcms shows primary VO as Pretoria and secondary as Ottawa. Post that switch on 4th Dec 2015, absolutely zilch in my gcms. I have sent a CSE to Pretoria too a few days ago. Lets see when they bother replying.

Passports as somebody mentioned cannot be sent overseas by courier etc.. legally not allowed i guess. So for visa you will need to send to vfs Pretoria.

djumbo31

Nov 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Just sharing the evolution of my timeline. My passport was sent on the day I received my PPR and reached Ottawa the next day:

---
FSW Inland
RPRF: Upfront
ITA received: Oct. 23, 2015
AOR: Nov. 7, 2015
Medical passed: Nov. 20, 2015
BG in progress: Jan. 11, 2016
PPR: May 3, 2016
PP sent: May 3, 2016
PP received: May 4, 2016

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
ashutoshmanohar said:
Greeting everyone,
I have finally received PPR yesterday. Planning to submit passports by Saturday.

My timeline is in my signature.
Congrats..

iCanada007

Aug 28, 2015
Received PPR on Tuesday May 3rd and sent the passport to Ottawa yesterday. On an average how many days it takes for Ottawa consulate to return our passports?

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
iCanada007 said:
Received PPR on Tuesday May 3rd and sent the passport to Ottawa yesterday. On an average how many days it takes for Ottawa consulate to return our passports?
Follow this thread.. So you can track the timelines,
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passports-to-cpcottawa-in-may-2016-t412671.0.html

sandey999

Nov 20, 2015
PPR 's 3rd & 4th May :) Congratulations everybody

SSLEE FSW Inland
amrendrapal FSW Inland
nmeka CEC Inland
pmathew CEC Inland
boyoboy FSW Inland
djumbo31 FSW Inland
blackpearl FSW Outland
darky07 CEC Inland
SeanDame FSW Inland
sanjaydutt FSW Inland
iCanada007 FSW Inland
raj_bond FSW Inland
bobzritz FSW/Outland
madToothbrush FSW/Outland
Maryna FSW Inland
gautamj FSW/Outland
vish2086 FSW/Outland
Olli CEC/FSW/PNP inland
nyadlapati FSW Inland
AnnX68 FSW Inland
Indianboy1986 FSW Inland
wifiwifey FSW/Outland
visahopeful CEC Inland
Kumarp CEC Inland
dhimanna FSW Inland
zfraitis FSW/Outland
ankcan FSW/Outland
ashutoshmanohar FSW/Outland
tansemjiang PNP Inland

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
bellaluna said:
At the VAC in your current country of residence.
Cool...

Musikwala said:
Yes my gcms shows primary VO as Pretoria and secondary as Ottawa. Post that switch on 4th Dec 2015, absolutely zilch in my gcms. I have sent a CSE to Pretoria too a few days ago. Lets see when they bother replying.

Passports as somebody mentioned cannot be sent overseas by courier etc.. legally not allowed i guess. So for visa you will need to send to vfs Pretoria.

Okay okay. FYI I got a response from Pretoria 7 weeks after CSE.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
mcadam said:
Okay okay. FYI I got a response from Pretoria 7 weeks after CSE.
:eek:

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
YAAAAAY!!! ;D ;D ;D

Ready for Visa e-mail received! That's exactly six months after AOR!

Many thanks to YOU ALL! Best wishes to the rest of Novemberians still waiting. Keep the faith...