+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in March 2016 >>>>> Good Luck ALL

getmetocanada

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
urget please help work exp letter

Hello guys> help needed please!! Urgent . only 3 days to apply pr.
My company where I worked I found out this morning that it has been liquidated 6 months ago. I have ref letter that is a year ago. Is that ok? Should I let cic know of the liquidation or let them find out themselves?

Also s business card a mandatory thing to have became I cannot obtain that person’s business card . thanks

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
1 Year old letter might not work. Most docs CIC wants should be less than 6 months old. They dont want a business card.

Regarding liquidation, attach a Explanation letter explaining what happened. Be sure to attach pay slips to prove you were employed till what date.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: urget please help work exp letter

getmetocanada said:
Hello guys> help needed please!! Urgent . only 3 days to apply pr.
My company where I worked I found out this morning that it has been liquidated 6 months ago. I have ref letter that is a year ago. Is that ok? Should I let cic know of the liquidation or let them find out themselves?

Also s business card a mandatory thing to have became I cannot obtain that person’s business card . thanks
There shouldn't be an issue with your reference letter, these things don't expire and CIC has never said they require them to be under a certain date range or anything like that. It doesn't matter that the company doesn't operate anymore, but make sure that your supporting documents are robust, so that the evidence that you were employed and compensated are solid.

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016

GARJ said:
There shouldn't be an issue with your reference letter, these things don't expire and CIC has never said they require them to be under a certain date range or anything like that. It doesn't matter that the company doesn't operate anymore, but make sure that your supporting documents are robust, so that the evidence that you were employed and compensated are solid.
I remember a case where CIC specifically mentioned in the rejection mail that applicant's employment letter is very old and can not be accepted. Cant recall his name but it was a rejection because of old employment letter. Applicant shared two letters for two different jobs. In the first one his roles and responsibilities didn't match the NOC code and second was very old.

Since you have a genuine reason, share all the documents you can, like appointment letter, salary slips, letter of promotion (if any), bank account statement where you got the salary along with letter of explanation.

SGA

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2016
addy1234 said:
PPR finally....... today :)

Congrats!!! Wish you a successful life ahead!!

Mehrdad2014

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
18-12-2015
Nomination.....
29-12-2015
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
IELTS Request
Sent online
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
maisah said:
I have a question, which maybe a very silly one. Do you get a ghost mail when your background check changes from not started to in progress?
And how long do you receive PR after the change in background check?

PEI PNP - outland
VO: London
AOR: 11 March
Medical passed: 22 March
Background check: Not Started
Hi, Yes I got ghost email 24 hours after my background went from NOT NEEDED AT This time to IN PROGRESS and still eagerly waiting for PPR .
It has been 4 days that I am waiting for golden email . :D

HudsonBanks

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016

singhyogeshkumar said:
I remember a case where CIC specifically mentioned in the rejection mail that applicant's employment letter is very old and can not be accepted. Cant recall his name but it was a rejection because of old employment letter. Applicant shared two letters for two different jobs. In the first one his roles and responsibilities didn't match the NOC code and second was very old.

Since you have a genuine reason, share all the documents you can, like appointment letter, salary slips, letter of promotion (if any), bank account statement where you got the salary along with letter of explanation.
My reference letter was from late 2014 and it wasn't an issue. A one year old reference letter isn't old at all.

prettyjoy

Apr 26, 2016
London
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
3rd of March
Passport Req..
6th of September
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
addy1234 said:
PPR finally....... today :)
A huge Congratulations to you.

I wish you all the best in Canada !!!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017

singhyogeshkumar said:

My reference letter was from 2012 and according to my GCMS, that is not a problem at all. Especially since the company has been liquidated since.

canada303

May 17, 2016
OKOTOKS
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-O3-2016
AOR Received.
29-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-04-2016
Passport Req..
27-09-2016
EE CRA points : 979
CEC CATEGORY
ITA : 23 March, 2016
AOR : 30 MARCH, 2016
MEDICAL PASSED : 4 APRIL 2016
ELIGIBILITY : IN PROGRESS
BG : NOT STARTED YET

CAN YOU UPDATE ME ON THE SPREAD SHEET TOO
PLEASE AND THANK YOU !!!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016

Tocanadawego said:
My reference letter was from 2012 and according to my GCMS, that is not a problem at all. Especially since the company has been liquidated since.
Good that your reference letter worked. I found the details of the case, including original copy of rejection letter. This is what the letter said:

"For your experience as Sale/Business Development Executive 0124 for IMS Learning resources, you submitted one letter of employment dated 2009. Letter of reference from employers should be recent. Since you declared currently living in the same area as this employer, an updated letter should have been easily obtainable or you should have provided an explanation as to why this was not possible. You also failed to submit additional documents in support of this experience. The onus is on the applicant to provide sufficient proof of work experience.

Sub-section 75(3) of the IRPR states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements."

I am happy for those who have received PPRs with old reference letters but thr are cases when Visa officer has rejected the application. Although letter dated 2009 is pretty old compared to one year old letter, I still feel that the applicant should send additional documents with letter of explanation.

Susheem

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Hi guys...
Need an advice.
My wife principle applicant,AOR March 25th. She is pregnant and delivery is due in end of July. Should we mail CIC about the pregnancy and expected due date.

What will be the scenario if we get ppr after birth of the child.
Kindly advice.
Thanks

Eye in the sky

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Mehrdad2014 said:
Hi, Yes I got ghost email 24 hours after my background went from NOT NEEDED AT This time to IN PROGRESS and still eagerly waiting for PPR .
It has been 4 days that I am waiting for golden email . :D
Be Patient, your PPR is just around the corner - may i know which VO as we share the same timeline?