25-01-2017
Doc's Request.
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Just got my GCMS notes. First, my timeline based on myCIC account:

FSW-O
CoR: United Arab Emirates
Applicants: 4 (myself + spouse + 2 kids below 19)
Fees Paid Upfront
AOR: January 25
Medical Passed: February 16
Background Check: NN -> NS February 19 AM; NS -> In Progress February 19 PM
Since then, I have had no movement.

As for my notes, I requested them on April 26 and received them today on May 26. However, they were generated on May 19, which is one week ago so they are slightly fresh. So here is the round-up from the 143-page report:

Primary Office: London
Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
Criminality In Progress (my Criminality is Passed, my wife's Criminality is Not Started)
Due Date: June 18
Our application was transferred to London on May 19.

My Conclusions: My Criminality passed on February 19 which is what possibly led to the change in status for my Background Check. My wife's Criminality is delayed as she requires a PCC from New Zealand. Unlike other countries, candidates cannot request a PCC from New Zealand. We need to send CIC a form authorizing them to obtain the PCC from New Zealand authorities directly. As the notes say: "criminality decision pending until outstanding PC from New Zealand received". The comment was written on February 19. However, on February 22, there is an Incoming Communication titled New Zealand Police Certificate that was received by CIC. There is no mention in the notes that it has been reviewed.

Not sure if it is coincidence that our application was transferred to London the same day that our GCMS Notes were generated.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

FSW-O
Fees Paid Upfront

As for my notes, I requested them on April 26 and received them today on May 26. However, they were generated on May 19, which is one week ago so they are slightly fresh. So here is the round-up from the 143-page report:

Criminality In Progress (my Criminality is Passed, my wife's Criminality is Not Started)

My Conclusions: My Criminality passed on February 19 which is what possibly led to the change in status for my Background Check. My wife's Criminality is delayed as she requires a PCC from New Zealand. Unlike other countries, candidates cannot request a PCC from New Zealand. We need to send CIC a form authorizing them to obtain the PCC from New Zealand authorities directly. As the notes say: "criminality decision pending until outstanding PC from New Zealand received". The comment was written on February 19. However, on February 22, there is an Incoming Communication titled New Zealand Police Certificate that was received by CIC. There is no mention in the notes that it has been reviewed.

Not sure if it is coincidence that our application was transferred to London the same day that our GCMS Notes were generated.

Whoa...so what stage are you in based on experiences from others? Also, can you suggest what should i expect next based on timeline in my signature. We have exactly same AOR and CoR.

Awaiting your reply. Thanks.

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
I think as long as you have BOWP application in process you can stay and work under implied status
My employer is not happy with the legality of implied status

tpurohit

Feb 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
29-DEC-2016
That's bad. here is some information that I got in email directly from CIC on the Implied status you can show that to your employer. even after that they are not satisfied then nothing you can do about it. just find a new place to work before it expires

Implied status - Temporary resident

• If you apply to extend your stay at the latest on the expiry date of your status:
    • you will be considered in status as a temporary resident until a decision is made on your application.
  • If you apply for renewal of your work or study permit at the latest on the expiry date of your status, and your permit expires before a decision is made:
    • you can continue working or studying under the same conditions, as long as you remain in Canada.
Leaving and re-entering Canada while under implied status:

You may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

• As a temporary resident, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved (if applicable, it will be important to wait until you receive your new permit before you start to work/study):
    • this applies to you if, among other things:
      • you are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
      • you hold a valid multiple-entry visa, or
      • you have travelled only to the United States (including its Territories and Possessions) and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon,
  • As a worker or student:
    • if the officer determines that your application to extend your permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
    • if you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
An officer will ask you questions to see if you meet all of the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada.

Proof of implied status:

It is recommended that you provide these documents to prove that you have implied status:

• Your expired immigration document,
  • A copy of the application to extend your stay sent to the Case Processing Centre before the expiration date of your status,
  • (If the application was submitted online) A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission message in your online account,
  • A copy of the fee payment receipt included with the application, and
  • (If applicable) A delivery confirmation from the postal service provider used to send the application.

Reactions: mjadawala

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

You can stay within Canada if you have applied for a work permit, it is legal to work. It is CIC not processing fast enough to get you a new work permit and they would not give you any hard time on this. I was in Canada while waiting for a new work permit being issued and CIC never questioned about that.

breathofwind

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Hello friends,

My husband and I are still waiting for our application. I apply in Canada but he was in my home country and a dependant on my application. Just wonder if he can come visit as a visitor now and what happen if our application got approved while he's here in Canada?

Thanks for your advice!

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016

FSW-O
Fees Paid Upfront

Did you ordered your gcms from www.getgcms.com?

Aniclb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 23-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
Hi,

PNP - OINP - Outland, waiting for PR, here we go, we are all sailing the same boat !
I hv just completed 121 days from AOR - 26th Jan 2017
ordered GCM notes beg of the month

Timeline as below :

Program: PNP OINP French Stream
Nomination : 21st Dec 2016
ITA : 22nd Dec 2016
e-APR submitted : 26th Jan 2017
Medical passed : 22nd Febr 2017
Below status from 9th April 2017 ( below status never changed till date)
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check Not applicable
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

On April 14th, I got to know my file was at CPC Ottawa. Where does it stand now ???? No idea .... and here goes the frustrating wait ...

serious_assistance

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
Doc's Request.
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Whoa...so what stage are you in based on experiences from others? Also, can you suggest what should i expect next based on timeline in my signature. We have exactly same AOR and CoR.

Awaiting your reply. Thanks.
I am not really sure to be honest. I suspect that it will be at least the entire 6-month duration before PPR is issued.

alishanpwc

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Finally BG Status changed to " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." from "Not Applicable" :)
I am excited that finally there is some moment after BG:NA remained this way from 14th March.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally BG Status changed to " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." from "Not Applicable" :)
I am excited that finally there is some moment after BG:NA remained this way from 14th March.
Request you to share full timelines while posting updates.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hi All,

Kindly see my timelines in signature and advise what should i expect next and when. The wait is killing :(
Your PPR is around the corner. Congrats :)
Did they contact your boss for reference letter verification ?
Thanks

Last edited: