+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

malican

May 24, 2016
Just saw this reposted by AK_Canada in the thread E-Apr submitted in November 2016 . Thought it would be very helpful with understanding the progress of our applications.

---------------------------------------------------------------
May help those who have ordered GCMS, and those who shall initiate the process, I stumbled upon the following thread as posted by someone else:-

Notes were generated just before PPR, you can check this thread to see how the GCMS notes match up to the MyCIC account updates:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gcms-notes-post-ppr-actual-processing-timeline-t403916.0.html

GCMS Notes received after PPR was issued that explains my processing timeline from AOR to PPR
I ordered my GCMS notes for the first time on the day my application turned 5 months old, in order to receive it when the processing time becomes 6 so I would understand why it may pass the 6 months threshold. With Allah mighty blessings, I received my PPR 10 days later. The notes where issued the day before my PPR email was sent out, but it contains all the exact information required.

timeline on MyCIC
2015/07/17: ITA
2015/09/10: Submission of eAPR
2015/09/11: AOR
2015/12/18: Medical: Passed / Background Check: In progress
2015/12/22: Background Check: Not needed at this time
2016/02/14: Background Check: In progress
2016/02/15: RPRF request / paid
2016/02/19: PPR email (received it 3 days later, thanks to my lawyer)

Actual timeline from GCMS notes

2015/12/18: SUPPORT AGENT REVIEW: Preparing application for R10, Medicals: PASSED- Attaching my lawyer as a representative - Checking ECA is available - Checking IELTS - Requesting verification of Education - Funds - PCC - RCMP Check initiated
2015/12/19: AGENT REVIEW: R10 OK - PCCs OK - Education verified on WES - Criminality: PASSED
2015/12/22: AGENT REVIEW: Work experiences match proposed NOC - Reference Letters are verified - FSW and CRS scores are OK - Confirmation of marriage documents - Eligibility: RECOMMENDED PASS - Security check: REQUESTED
File transfer from CIO to CPC Ottawa - Workload redistribution
2016/02/14: OFFICER REVIEW: Confirm intention to reside in XXXX - Security Check: PASSED - Eligibility: PASSED - PR Application: ACCEPTED - RPRF : OUTSTANDING
Counterfoil: In Printing Queue
COPR: In Printing Queue
2016/02/15: OUTGOING MAIL: RPRF request
2016/02/16: INCOMING MAIL: RPRF Paid
- If your RPRF wasn't paid upfront, and you receive a request in a later stage (4 months or more), this is definitely a great sign of application acceptance.
- My application was literally untouched for 13 months post to AOR then most of the checks were done in a span of 5 days!
- IRCC work a lot on weekends, if you check the dates, you'll find a lot of Saturdays and Sundays.
- There are 3 types of reviewing personal: Support Agent, Agent and Officer. I assume the rank is ascending, and an Officer is the one deciding the fate of an application.
- Security Checks are the most time consuming elements of an application. After further research on Google and the forum, CSIS (Canadian Intelligence) receives a request from IRCC to conduct a Security Background check on all applicants 18 years and over towards CSIS databases, such as terrorism and espionage. CSIS also send requests to all intelligence agencies of all the countries you live in for 6 months or more. This is done as part of a global information sharing protocol (reference and confirmation is in research)
- Most of the notes regarding my spouse were deleted, actual blank pages and sections. This, I can't figure out why yet!

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
babynoufette said:
Mail reçu ce jour m'informant d'une mise à jour mais rien sur mon compte n'a changé, je pense à un mail fantôme (ghost mail) je pense que c'est pour faire suite aux documents soumis hier
Quel est ton statut actuellement?

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
malican said:
Just saw this reposted by AK_Canada in the thread E-Apr submitted in November 2016 . Thought it would be very helpful with understanding the progress of our applications.

May help those who have ordered GCMS, and those who shall initiate the process, I stumbled upon the following thread as posted by someone else:-

Notes were generated just before PPR, you can check this thread to see how the GCMS notes match up to the MyCIC account updates:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gcms-notes-post-ppr-actual-processing-timeline-t403916.0.html

GCMS Notes received after PPR was issued that explains my processing timeline from AOR to PPR
I ordered my GCMS notes for the first time on the day my application turned 5 months old, in order to receive it when the processing time becomes 6 so I would understand why it may pass the 6 months threshold. With Allah mighty blessings, I received my PPR 10 days later. The notes where issued the day before my PPR email was sent out, but it contains all the exact information required.

timeline on MyCIC

2015/12/18: SUPPORT AGENT REVIEW: Preparing application for R10, Medicals: PASSED- Attaching my lawyer as a representative - Checking ECA is available - Checking IELTS - Requesting verification of Education - Funds - PCC - RCMP Check initiated
2015/12/19: AGENT REVIEW: R10 OK - PCCs OK - Education verified on WES - Criminality: PASSED
2015/12/22: AGENT REVIEW: Work experiences match proposed NOC - Reference Letters are verified - FSW and CRS scores are OK - Confirmation of marriage documents - Eligibility: RECOMMENDED PASS - Security check: REQUESTED
2016/02/14: OFFICER REVIEW: Confirm intention to reside in XXXX - Security Check: PASSED - Eligibility: PASSED - PR Application: ACCEPTED - RPRF : OUTSTANDING
- If your RPRF wasn't paid upfront, and you receive a request in a later stage (4 months or more), this is definitely a great sign of application acceptance.
- My application was literally untouched for 13 months post to AOR then most of the checks were done in a span of 5 days!
- IRCC work a lot on weekends, if you check the dates, you'll find a lot of Saturdays and Sundays.
- There are 3 types of reviewing personal: Support Agent, Agent and Officer. I assume the rank is ascending, and an Officer is the one deciding the fate of an application.
- Security Checks are the most time consuming elements of an application. After further research on Google and the forum, CSIS (Canadian Intelligence) receives a request from IRCC to conduct a Security Background check on all applicants 18 years and over towards CSIS databases, such as terrorism and espionage. CSIS also send requests to all intelligence agencies of all the countries you live in for 6 months or more. This is done as part of a global information sharing protocol (reference and confirmation is in research)
- Most of the notes regarding my spouse were deleted, actual blank pages and sections. This, I can't figure out why yet!
Very instructive. +1

maplecity

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Hi guys. Does IRCC have the right to ask your bank for your current balance? I am asking because I want to take out some money to buy some forex $$ or ££ and start keeping because the black market rates are skyrocketing and I don't want IRCC to check with my bank and think I do not have the required funds.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
maplecity said:
Hi guys. Does IRCC have the right to ask your bank for your current balance? I am asking because I want to take out some money to buy some forex $$ or ££ and start keeping because the black market rates are skyrocketing and I don't want IRCC to check with my bank and think I do not have the required funds.

I think when we sign the application and the agreement that we rarely read, we give consent to CIC to verify any/all information. Therefore, they have right and permission to do that.
Do they have right? Yes
Do they have consent? Yes
Will and at what stage would they verify? Nobody knows

Also, i am somewhat new as well therefore, please go with the suggestion of another forum member who replies and has more experience.

regalkp

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Please add me to the List

OINP FSW Outland
ITA-22 Dec
AOR-13 Jan
Medicals Passed= 27 Jan 2017
BGC="Not needed" to "not started"

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
maplecity said:
They may, but your bank will not provide any information to anyone, that's the reason why CiC requests an official letter from the bank.
I know that US banks are not allowed to give any information, not even your wife if she's not joined account. They will provide only if someone provides a subpoena.
So you're safe to use your money.

babynoufette

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04/01/2017
AOR Received.
11/01/2017
Med's Request
07/02/2017
emmn1003 said:
Quel est ton statut actuellement?
il est passé de non requis à non commencé, j'ai eu à soumettre le TEF et l'ielts (en faite ils me demandaient un autre test le PCENCLA sauf que je n'ai pas passé ce test !) je pense clairement que l'employé c'est trompé de ligne lorsqu'il a établit le courrier !!

Je pense que le mail fantôme faisait référence à l'évolution du statut.
Sinon tjrs pas de nouveauté niveau visite médicale !

Et toi ?

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babynoufette said:
il est passé de non requis à non commencé, j'ai eu à soumettre le TEF et l'ielts (en faite ils me demandaient un autre test le PCENCLA sauf que je n'ai pas passé ce test !) je pense clairement que l'employé c'est trompé de ligne lorsqu'il a établit le courrier !!

Et toi ?
Can you type in English please?
This is an English thread and forum!

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
24hours after my background check changed to not started,and submitted documents changed from blank to... no additional documents are needed at this time, I got the famous ghost mail.

Hopefully someone turns my medical result to passed soon.

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
babynoufette said:

Et toi ?
Pareil. Mais j'ai envoyé mes résultats du TEF et IELTS comme pièces jointes de ma.lettre d'explication. Donc aucun document additionnel ne m'a été demandé pour l'instant. Néanmoins j'attends toujours la validation de mes examens médicaux.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
regalkp said:
Please add me to the List

OINP FSW Outland
ITA-22 Dec
AOR-13 Jan
Medicals Passed= 27 Jan 2017
BGC="Not needed" to "not started"
PMed you.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
malican said:

timeline on MyCIC

+1 to you!