+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

abs24

Nov 26, 2014
Hi All,

I am a silent follower of this forum.My CIC screen looks like the one below...Any idea what this means?

Where is this application?
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My timelines are as follows :-
PNP-Outland
e-AOR : 23rd Jan 2017
Medicals Passed : 8th Feb
Background change : NN to NS (8th Feb);NS to NN (6th March)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasonspeaks said:
Hi folks,

Any idea what the following means re BG Check? Anyone else in the same boat?

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Cheers,
We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. = opened
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. = in progress
You passed the medical exam. = passed
We do not need additional documents. = Not needed
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. = not needed
Not applicable = Not needed
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made = Not started

Way not to confuse people. Wording might be nicer, but it is still the same status at the end.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
abs24 said:
Hi All,

I am a silent follower of this forum.My CIC screen looks like the one below...Any idea what this means?

Where is this application?
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

My timelines are as follows :-
PNP-Outland
e-AOR : 23rd Jan 2017
Medicals Passed : 8th Feb
Background change : NN to NS (8th Feb);NS to NN (6th March)
That's what the new update reflects

jasonspeaks

May 2, 2016
Thanks Vensak, appreciate the prompt revert.

So much for the excitement from a change on that page! ;D

vensak said:
We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. = opened
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. = not needed
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made = Not started

Way not to confuse people. Wording might be nicer, but it is still the same status at the end.

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:

Sounds correct. My BG was Not Started as at yesterday, now the new status is In Progress. I am interested in knowing what status persons whose BG was In Progress before the site maintenance currently is.

serious_assistance

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
Doc's Request.
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
OntarioExpress said:
Sounds correct. My BG was Not Started as at yesterday, now the new status is In Progress. I am interested in knowing what status persons whose BG was In Progress before the site maintenance currently is.
I have had BG In Progress since February 19. Now it says: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

I assume that means BG is still in progress.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even for me the status :

Background check : Not applicable.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What's with 'Not Applicable'? My last status was changed from NS>>NN

taffarel

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitbites said:
Even for me the status :

Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Yep, NN = Not Applicable

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
rohitbites said:
Even for me the status :

Not applicable = Not Needed

I hated the update, they make things even more confusing than before.
I guess they did it so people have to figure out new ways to decypher the process.

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
OntarioExpress said:
My BG status was "Not started" as of yesterday and with the new updates it is showing something the next step is to conduct a background check. I believe at the end both conveys the same message :) :)

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
I wrote an email to cpc Ottawa with my full name, e-Apr#, UCI# in the subject line this morning to know my case processing center. I have received an automated reply right away. The email asked me to include dob, category of application as well in the subject line along with other regular automated content. Should I wait for them to reply? Or should I write an email with all the necessary info in the subject line as requested?

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
Old Vs New BG status

Not Needed at this time >>> Not Applicable
In Progress>>> We are processing your background check....
Not Started>>> The next step is to conduct a background check.

Please feel free to add if I missed anything :) :)

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
nagarjun rao said:
I wrote an email to cpc Ottawa with my full name, e-Apr#, UCI# in the subject line this morning to know my case processing center. I have received an automated reply right away. The email asked me to include dob, category of application as well in the subject line along with other regular automated content. Should I wait for them to reply? Or should I write an email with all the necessary info in the subject line as requested?
Have you sent the email in the format which they mentioned automated response. I believe, that is an automated response for every mail that we send it to CPC Ottawa. Yesterday, I have sent an email and got the same response.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baji81 said:
Old Vs New BG status

Thanks a lot for information.

Just want to be sure. Does most of applicants have now following text in the final decision:

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As I have deciphered that one for Final Decision to be Not Started (because this one rarely changes to IP, instead BG used to change to IP).

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Baji81 said:
Old Vs New BG status

This seems right :)