+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
A good thing to remember about the order of security, criminal, eligibility, etc... is that every case is different, and therefore do not always follow the same path.

Reactions: olak131

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Thanks for your view! So here another question: What do you think includes "eligibility"? Would passing eligibility mean that they have checked all documents and proofs which back the points you claimed (e.g. all reference letters with the NOC choice)? Because you could be eligible for the FSW program but maybe have insufficient proof or docs for the points claimed. Would be happy to read your opinions on this!
Elligibility is a broad term but I think with respect to GCMS notes, it's strictly used to refer to the stream and I believe your letters and co might be included. But remember this is an ongoing process. Take for instance, someone's security check could necessitate going back to review your letters and your Elligibility.
In my case, everything was okay in my CEC refused applicatio, according to my GCMS notes including all the letters but the fact I claimed hours of work on study permit disqualified me.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
A good thing to remember about the order of security, criminal, eligibility, etc... is that every case is different, and therefore do not always follow the same path.
I actually agree with you.
We are all just speculating

lagbaja02

Mar 28, 2017
I actually agree with you.
We are all just speculating
Well from the little knowledge on different post in these forum. I guess part of the eligibility is to recalculate your point after all docs has been verified. So based on what you mentioned earlier that you were refused due to claims on work hours during studies. That could happen because, I guess they usually recalculate the point claimed as against the draw in which you got your ITA, using the recommendations they have been given by the earlier checks so if you still meet the point then fine if not they refuse the application. Just what I think... I might be wrong.

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
So FSW score calculates only primary NOC code, or another NOC code in work experience will add points please?

For instance, I have 4 years+ in primary NOC code, and another 2 years in different NOC code, for FSW that's still 4 years score? Both NOC Codes is "A" category.
Yes you will get the points for the primary NOC code work ex only and not the second work ex of 2 years (in this case maximum of 3 years since that is the upper limit). Check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

However your CRS points (out of 1200) will get you points for both work ex (whatever the maximum is) - I think it was 50 under skill tranferability

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Well from the little knowledge on different post in these forum. I guess part of the eligibility is to recalculate your point after all docs has been verified. So based on what you mentioned earlier that you were refused due to claims on work hours during studies. That could happen because, I guess they usually recalculate the point claimed as against the draw in which you got your ITA, using the recommendations they have been given by the earlier checks so if you still meet the point then fine if not they refuse the application. Just what I think... I might be wrong.
Yeah.
That's what happened

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Yes you will get the points for the primary NOC code work ex only and not the second work ex of 2 years (in this case maximum of 3 years since that is the upper limit). Check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

However your CRS points (out of 1200) will get you points for both work ex (whatever the maximum is) - I think it was 50 under skill tranferability
thanks, I read that link, saying nothing about limitation to primary NOC code, and upper limit in FSW ex points is 6 years, not 3

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
thanks, I read that link, saying nothing about limitation to primary NOC code, and upper limit in FSW ex points is 6 years, not 3
I was under the impression that even though you had to select one primary NOC, you could still received points for experience for skilled work experience under a different NOC.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Sorry for hijacking this thread again. Just still wondering if any of you can give me some insight on my case's probability.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Sorry for hijacking this thread again. Just still wondering if any of you can give me some insight on my case's probability.
If you're worried about other's getting PPR already from FEB, keep in mind that according to the FEB tracker only 27% have received PPR, so there's many people in your same status waiting for the next step. My background has been at NA for over 3 weeks now, and I'm FEB 19th

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
If you're worried about other's getting PPR already from FEB, keep in mind that according to the FEB tracker only 27% have received PPR, so there's many people in your same status waiting for the next step. My background has been at NA for over 3 weeks now, and I'm FEB 19th

So, my background being "in progress" might mean I'm past that stage.

This uncertainty cannot really get to you.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016

So my background check being "in progress", might be a good thing.

This whole uncertainty is really nerve wrecking.

MEDUSA LAUGHS

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hey Jay Jay, I agree with you about this step by step check. However, another point that I also think is why would CIC leave the eligibility for the end? I mean if they could check if a person really fullfil all requeriments and reached the points claimed for at the initial steps, they could also "filter" all candidates with right and wrong docs /profiles and requirements. What do you think about it?
I kinda agree with Kearn. If a candidate has misrespresented his case in terms of experience and education and scored incorrect CRS points, the first impulse of the visa guys should be to assess his true eligibility rather than first moving to check his medical suitability, especially undertaking a very elaborate security check on him which I think takes around 2-3 months and involves many security agencies around the world(my opinion based on what others say on this forum).

Reactions: Kearnixer

Nik_shy

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Mine is NA since April 23rd, and I have ordered GCMs and never got them!
Hi
What is the difference between BG status NS and NA ? are they same or different? and what stage of your application, it usually appears ?

Plz help!!

Canada201718

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.