App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Dexmoody said:
Congrats!

I'm also from a visa-exempt country. My PPR email says very clearly:

"3. PASSPORT SPECIFICATIONS (only submit copies (ALL pages) of your passport for visa issuance – Do not send the original passport)"

So, if you have the same sentence in your email, I would advise you to do exactly as you're told.
Hmmm. Odd. I am myself unsure what to send. I am from a visa exempt country, but the PPR isn't clear about what I should send in.

E. Report Back to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna, Austria

If you need to send us physical documents (such as passport-sized photos), please respond to this letter by mail by using one of the following options along with all of the documentation required (photos, copy of RPRF receipt, copy of passport, etc.):

a) By Registered mail
Send your passport directly to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna at the following address:

I don't have a line with passport specifications like you quoted. :(

Godweeno

Jan 24, 2015
Hi all,

As part of the PPR email there is a section that says APPENDIX A - Update Information Chart

Do I leave this blank if there has been no changes to my information? OR Should I fill out the principle applicant details with the information I have already provided?

Indiansailor

Aug 15, 2015
yelena said:
to apply, your medical has to be valid for at least 6 more months.
I did mine in may.
Ok , i was unaware of this fact
I hope you get your ppr son enough so that you dont have to go for medical again

All the best

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Duskyblue said:
Thank you all! This forum has been of such great help. I wish you all the best and hope the list will shrink to 0 soon!
Thanks. Well, truth be told, I feel sort of numb so far. I think I can't quite comprehend it yet. (But I got no sleep at all, I felt so strange!)
I am sure the excitment, happiness (and some fear) will come soon, though!
I understand the feeling. Yes it will take time to sink in mate. :)

Keep in touch & let us know when you get COPR. :)

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Enigmaticrose said:
Received my PPR yesterday! So very excited. Should I send full passport or just photocopies? UK is visa exempt but I'm nervous about not sending the right thing and I heard other UK applicants sent their passport. Any advice?

FSW Outland
ITA: 26 June
AOR:18 Aug
Background in progress: 20 Aug
PPR: 18 Jan (London UK)
congrats

Enigmaticrose

Nov 16, 2015
Duskyblue said:
Hmmm. Odd. I am myself unsure what to send. I am from a visa exempt country, but the PPR isn't clear about what I should send in.

If you need to send us physical documents (such as passport-sized photos), please respond to this letter by mail by using one of the following options along with all of the documentation required (photos, copy of RPRF receipt, copy of passport, etc.):

a) By Registered mail
Send your passport directly to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna at the following address:

Yes, mine is similar - two offices to send the information to (both in London) but no indication of which I should use.....

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.
17th July 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
ONLINE SUBMISSION
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16th Aug 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Feb 2016
LANDED..........
21st July 2016
kaye08 said:
Hi greyhatbd! I'm currently residing in Singapore so most probably I'm under SGVO.
I'm not sure with my VO since I applied through an agency.

I hope PPR will rain continuously!
Lets hope for the best..waiting for PPR mail :)

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Duskyblue said:

a) By Registered mail

Very strange indeed. Surprising that they have different versions of the PPR email, but I guess it depends on the visa office?

You've probably already seen it, but this website says that citizens from visa-exempt countries only need to send in a copy:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

However, it is contradictory in a different area: the link only talks about the biodata page, whereas my PPR email explicitly states to send all pages.

I think your best bet is to call the embassy in Vienna and ask them directly. Better safe than sorry.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godweeno said:
Hi all,

As part of the PPR email there is a section that says APPENDIX A - Update Information Chart

Do I leave this blank if there has been no changes to my information? OR Should I fill out the principle applicant details with the information I have already provided?
My PPR email says:
"3. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable)."

I took that to mean that we need to complete it in any case, regardless of whether or not anything has changed.

abhisuri13

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Just called CIC call center. The agent was kind enough to look at my application. However she didnt update anything extra that I cant see on myCiC portal. She said that my background check is not started but she cant see any issue in the application. She said the process can go beyond 6 months period considering my BG has not started till now.

Do CiC agents have access to detailed information about our application? Anyone has information about it?

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
to apply, your medical has to be valid for at least 6 more months.
I did mine in may.
I m damn sure yelena. U will get it. And that too really soon.

Congrats everyone who got ppr. And big good luck to those who are waiting.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunil55 said:
I m damn sure yelena. U will get it. And that too really soon.

Congrats everyone who got ppr. And big good luck to those who are waiting.

Based on the time people should start getting some news/ emails soon, dont you think?

ConnieD

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Taking into account most people with BG in process already got PPR and the ones still waiting have it "not started" I guess/hope we should get some news soon. At least BG changing to in process. And after that, lots of those who got PPR recently had BG changed to in process and few days after the magic mail... Maybe we'll be lucky and that'll happen to us too.

bettymengmeng

Jul 23, 2015
submitted my application on AUG 25. my background check started in the end of SEPTEMBER. no update since them. waiting for the magic mail in every seconds.............