AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfornt
Med's Done....
05-04-2017
My AOR is 21-April (FSWO) and I have been on IP2 since 17-July and since then, I only see CIC playing with my additional docs status.

14-July: Additional Docs have been uploaded (No Additional doc at that time)
17-July: We need additional docs (Schedule A was requested and submitted)
21-July: Additional Docs have been uploaded
01-Aug: Additional Docs are being reviewed
23-Aug: Additional Docs have been uploaded (Called CIC a day before asking about the status)
25-Aug: Additional Docs are being reviewed (No idea which additional doc are they reviewing now! :mad:)

I called CIC on 22-Aug and the agent said that Eligibility and Criminality is done and Security is left. VO is Ottawa.

Any idea what these stupid updates depict and when should I expect PPR? :confused:

harry gambhir

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
So I just realized something and I think I'm screwed, I was in the US for 2 months in 2008 (June-Aug), and then for another 5 months (Feb-July) in 2009, and it seems that I had to add the FBI certificate to my submitted files, which I didn't coz I thought it's only above 6 months...
The thing is, the dates are listed in the LOE only, not in the travel history page because it was too small....

I've just sent a request to the FBI for a PPC, but it will take about 2-3 months and I'm already 4 months after AOR...anyone knows something about this kind of situation?
I had the same issue and I got rejected the first time I applied because I didn't mention it in travel history as I thought that me being in America for only two months isn't worth mentioning. You do not need to get an FBI clearance but if you have stayed more than 6 months which you have then you need it. Also, you need to mention the day you left and came back and every other detail. Even if you go through now later on when you apply for citizenship or renew your p.r then they will check and if they find out you didn't disclose it earlier then that might lead to problems later on.

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
I had the same issue and I got rejected the first time I applied because I didn't mention it in travel history as I thought that me being in America for only two months isn't worth mentioning. You do not need to get an FBI clearance but if you have stayed more than 6 months which you have then you need it. Also, you need to mention the day you left and came back and every other detail. Even if you go through now later on when you apply for citizenship or renew your p.r then they will check and if they find out you didn't disclose it earlier then that might lead to problems later on.
Exact dates are no problem, I disclosed everything to them. But coz I was 2 months and then another 5 I need a PPC which I don't yet have, and it's been already 4 months after my AOR.
Were you rejected due to lack of PPC?

harry gambhir

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Exact dates are no problem, I disclosed everything to them. But coz I was 2 months and then another 5 I need a PPC which I don't yet have, and it's been already 4 months after my AOR.
if you disclosed everything then it should not be a problem the only issue that can come up is the fact that accumulatively you stayed for more than 6 months and hence clearance might be needed otherwise if you have disclosed then no problem

I got rejected last year primarily because my lawyer forgot to submit offer of employment I gave her and when we got the notes from the officer it had mentioned that I didn't declare my foreign travels along with a few other errors from my lawyer

hopefully this time my application gets through

harry gambhir

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Guys, I submitted my profile on 22 April
CEC inland & lima based work permit

on 20th last month, they requested for finger print and criminal check from RCMP which I submitted on the 1st of this month

Today I got an update and my background check moved to : Background check Not applicable.

Any idea how long before I get a decision now???

Has anyone gone through this?

harry gambhir

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
best bet for you now is to hang in there and not try to submit any new documents and hope they don't reject you because of this

Lyzandra01

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Hi all,

Just a question... do you get an email update when there is a change to your background check? I submitted all my papers in April and paid the RPRF upfront. My BGC reads Not Applicable since then. I didn't check my CIC account for some time in between so I'm not sure if this changed or didn't.

Pls do let me know. It's been almost 5 months now.

rgds