+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in April 2017 - Let's Connect Here!

Mmaindak

Jul 19, 2017
Guys,

Good News!

Received email to submit Passports at Vfs Canada - Abudhabi within 30 days.

I have stayed and worked in 4 countries, traveled around 18 countries.

I don't know the stage wise process especially IP1 and IP2.

Anyone from Abudhabi, please feel free to ask questions.

All the best to everyone.
Congrats... can you share your timeline pls.. im also from Abu dhabi

Dill_Harris

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Beautiful British Columbia
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/26/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
Med's Done....
01/20/2017
Congrats to everyone who received their PPRs yesterday. I'm really happy for you, and especially for @KiranK . You took the time to personally respond to everyone and encourage the people who are still waiting. That's awesome, and it is appreciated more than you know. :)

So I did *not* receive my PPR yesterday, but this morning I woke up to this "Do Not Reply" message from CIC. I've written about this before (it's in response to my daughter's new passport, which I uploaded to my application by a CSE in late June), and I think it's quite strange:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

· Download application forms and guides

· Change of address

· Check your application status

· Help Centre

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Is it standard procedure to send a message like this? I've been reading the forums for a long time, and I haven't seen another. It just seems kind of redundant to forward a PDF document to another office when the whole file should be centrally accessible to VOs wherever they may be? It's not like the old days of paper files. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I guess it doesn't really matter in the end, and I am slightly encouraged by the wording ("We are pleased to confirm . . ."). It's the friendliest tone I've ever gotten from a "Do Not Reply" message! ;)

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Hi everyone, I received my ppr email yesterday. I live in the USA and my visa office is Ottawa. I was just wondering if anyone knew how long its takes for you receive your passport back after you send it in to Ottawa. Is it 2 weeks, 1 month or more? I am just wondering because I am on a visa in the USA and I don't like not having my passport. Also is there a way to send the passport for stamping in the USA vs Ottawa?
As far as i know you can get it changed to local canada consulate but never know how long that process takes and stuff. I personally am us resident and i did send my pp day before to ottawa and pretty sure many ppl does it. @KiranK any idea?

Reactions: Fpm800 and KiranK

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
As far as i know you can get it changed to local canada consulate but never know how long that process takes and stuff. I personally am us resident and i did send my pp day before to ottawa and pretty sure many ppl does it. @KiranK any idea?
Would it be possible for you to let me know how long it takes to get you passport back? I'm worried how long it will take bc I need my passport to get a USA stamp for an extension of my visa on August 17th and I'm scared if I send it to Ottawa now I won't have it back in enough time for August 17th.

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Would it be possible for you to let me know how long it takes to get you passport back? I'm worried how long it will take bc I need my passport to get a USA stamp for an extension of my visa on August 17th and I'm scared if I send it to Ottawa now I won't have it back in enough time for August 17th.
Nope. In that case dont risk. Talk to CIC guys and arrange an alternative. I dont have any such dependency and hence sent it. If your have any sort of dependency where you will need to give you passport I dont think it is a good idea. From other forums I heard it is taking 2-3 weeks. But as we all know from our experiences it is based on luck and processing load.

Reactions: Fpm800 and KiranK

The N

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
India
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
Congrats! Congrats! This great news. Enjoy this wonderful moment. Good Luck for future.:):)
@gurik, hello! I have query. Your signature mentions PPR date as 14 July 2017 and CoPR date as 20 July 2017. Does that mean you received your stamped passport back on 20 July? Which VFS processed your stamping request? Thanks.

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Nope. In that case dont risk. Talk to CIC guys and arrange an alternative. I dont have any such dependency and hence sent it. If your have any sort of dependency where you will need to give you passport I dont think it is a good idea. From other forums I heard it is taking 2-3 weeks. But as we all know from our experiences it is based on luck and processing load.
Thank you. I'll call them on Monday and see what they can do.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Yes, it takes time to receive back PP for US candidates, as you have rightly mentioned here. he can always request CIC to change it, they usually respond in time but sometimes it might take upto 15 days even for a response from them. I suggest he informs them of his situation and request a change if he wishes to.

Reactions: Fpm800

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
I am NA since June 3rd week and no request for landing fees yet
Hi friend,

I am NA since June the 27th. I have paid the landing fee upfront and submitted schedule A on the 27th of June and then BGC went to NA.
Have been almost a stressful month.
hope you get a change in status soon and a positive of that.

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
@breecheung, what's your AoR date? And what stream are you?

I was absolutely fine for the first few months (one of the benefits of being insanely busy, I guess), but now it feels like time has slowed down to a crawl, waiting for the outcome!
So true, i submitted on 21st of April and since 27th of June i am sitting on NA. Before the medical pass i was fine with the wait but now it is putting my teeth on edge.

Reactions: Dill_Harris