App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
IP2 to PPR in 30 min. Its all over guys. Thank you all....!! :D
Congratulations buddy.

I have no clue where my file is stuck. IP2 since 19th July and waiting.

I have given up for now.

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
So I just realized something and I think I'm screwed, I was in the US for 2 months in 2008 (June-Aug), and then for another 5 months (Feb-July) in 2009, and it seems that I had to add the FBI certificate to my submitted files, which I didn't coz I thought it's only above 6 months...
The thing is, the dates are listed in the LOE only, not in the travel history page because it was too small....

I've just send a request to the FBI for a PPC, but it will take about 2-3 months and I'm already 4 months after AOR...anyone knows something about this kind of situation?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Congratulations buddy.

I have no clue where my file is stuck. IP2 since 19th July and waiting.

I have given up for now.
It is known to take 30 to 45 days sometimes. Tried ordering notes? Thats the only way to know.

TyrionStark

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 05-03-2018
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront L R W S - 9,9,8.5,8
File Transfer...
15-01-2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Passport Req..
19-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
13-04-2018
Hi John,

I spoke with the agent again after what seemed like an eternal wait over the phone and I was told "Medical and Criminality is over and I am only left with eligibility and security......" my visa office is New Delhi and there is nothing alarming on my file as such.

The spoke with another agent a few days back and he said "eligibility, Medicals and Criminality is all done and just waiting for security clearance"

Wonder which one to rely on or should I just wait for my GCMS and then try again after a week.

Thanks again....

From what I have seen in my notes, it's quite simple. The delay comes down to you just sitting in a Que. Nothing more, nothing less. Of course, I am not counting the secondary security bit. Assuming you don't go into secondary security, it comes down to how SOON your file gets picked up. The speed of that depends on resources at the VO office. People in Ottawa are going through in crazy speeds since they have shorter due dates for sure and these shorter due dates are due to increased resources. The CIO - LVO speed is slower for sure since LVO handles family sponsorships, student visas, refugees perhaps and what not. EE is just one of the things they handle. Since there are so many applications, it just comes down to how soon they access your file.

If everything looks good then its a matter of they getting to it. And usually, they put internal due dates so they don't 'miss' the file. The due dates from what I have read are system generated so they act as a form of a PING for them so they don't miss anyone. But I know cases where they don't action it on the due date. Perhaps they have too much of a load and they assign a new due date.

Take my example.

1 - I wasted 2 months in Medical since they had less resources or whatever in April. Those dates, medical took 60 days to pass. Now people are passing in a week...so they have fixed that issue.
2 - Once i passed medical and R10, my application sat for 45 days with no movement based on my notes for them to do initial analyst check at CIO. Then they shipped me off to London.
3 - So far, three months has passed and no sign of anything while people after me in Ottawa are getting PPR. In my case, my notes showed that everything is perfect. But since I am in London, and they have less resources, it takes longer time.

4 - Finally another month of rotting and they checked my file, passed the officer review, and issued PPR in 3 days flat.

Technically. it's just a 4 day job. For some people it takes 50 days. For some people it takes 5 months. It just comes down to how fast they get to our files.

Of course, PNP has additional steps like Province verification and of course the dreaded secondary security which isn't in CIC hands since it goes to third parties. I'm talking about a simple easy FSW case with no complications. And I paid RPRF ahead and I don't think it backfires. Anyway..I cant complain. I got my PPR in 136 days which now...looking back..isn't too bad at all since their stated timeline is 180 days.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Hi John,

I spoke with the agent again after what seemed like an eternal wait over the phone and I was told "Medical and Criminality is over and I am only left with eligibility and security......" my visa office is New Delhi and there is nothing alarming on my file as such.

The spoke with another agent a few days back and he said "eligibility, Medicals and Criminality is all done and just waiting for security clearance"

Wonder which one to rely on or should I just wait for my GCMS and then try again after a week.

Thanks again....
Wait for GCMS notes. This is what I think is happening with your file.

1 - Medical done in CIO
2 - R10 and Criminality done in CIO
3 - A11.2 Analyst Eligibility is done at CIO - Hence agent said it's done earlier.
4 - File Moved to NDVO - They toggle Eligibility back to NOT DONE when it's moved to New Delhi. They did that when they moved mine to London.
5 - Your file is currently in NDVO awaiting Officer review. He will check the recommendations of the A11.2 from analyst and only once he passes it does your eligibility passes. (This is where I think you currently are. Again without notes, it's speculation but I feel it in my gut based on what I see).
6 - There are ALWAYS two eligibility checks. Once from analyst and once from officer.
6 - Once officer passes it, you change to IP2.
7 - I still don't know the mystery about IP2 to PPR. Some people like me change in 30 min from IP2 to PPR and some people wait for 30 days. No idea! The only logic I can think of is that my security was already cleared and once officer passes the final review, it moves from IP2 to PPR all quickly since it's all done and nothing left to do.

Perhaps people who pass through everything really quick, security takes time and they are stuck in IP2 for long. It also explains why people stuck in NA for long clear IP2 quickly. Perhaps they finished their security in the meantime. I was stuck in NA for nearly 75 days so perhaps cleared security too ahead of final officer review and hence got PPR quick after IP2.

TyrionStark

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 05-03-2018
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront L R W S - 9,9,8.5,8
File Transfer...
15-01-2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Passport Req..
19-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
13-04-2018
Wait for GCMS notes. This is what I think is happening with your file.

1 - Medical done in CIO
2 - R10 and Criminality done in CIO
3 - A11.2 Analyst Eligibility is done at CIO - Hence agent said it's done earlier.
4 - File Moved to NDVO - They toggle Eligibility back to NOT DONE when it's moved to New Delhi. They did that when they moved mine to London.
5 - Your file is currently in NDVO awaiting Officer review. He will check the recommendations of the A11.2 from analyst and only once he passes it does your eligibility passes. (This is where I think you currently are. Again without notes, it's speculation but I feel it in my gut based on what I see).
6 - There are ALWAYS two eligibility checks. Once from analyst and once from officer.
6 - Once officer passes it, you change to IP2.
7 - I still don't know the mystery about IP2 to PPR. Some people like me change in 30 min from IP2 to PPR and some people wait for 30 days. No idea! The only logic I can think of is that my security was already cleared and once officer passes the final review, it moves from IP2 to PPR all quickly since it's all done and nothing left to do.

Perhaps people who pass through everything really quick, security takes time and they are stuck in IP2 for long. It also explains why people stuck in NA for long clear IP2 quickly. Perhaps they finished their security in the meantime. I was stuck in NA for nearly 75 days so perhaps cleared security too ahead of final officer review and hence got PPR quick after IP2.
Makes much better sense now. Its been 86 days over all, however it's been on NA for 17 days only.... don't know which way it'll go.... hope once their back logs cleared for student visas and all, my file will get a go sooner than later.

I too was thinking to wait for GCMS .... thanks for your inputs buddy.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Makes much better sense now. Its been 86 days over all, however it's been on NA for 17 days only.... don't know which way it'll go.... hope once their back logs cleared for student visas and all, my file will get a go sooner than later.

I too was thinking to wait for GCMS .... thanks for your inputs buddy.
All the best!

Reactions: TyrionStark

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
R
So I just realized something and I think I'm screwed, I was in the US for 2 months in 2008 (June-Aug), and then for another 5 months (Feb-July) in 2009, and it seems that I had to add the FBI certificate to my submitted files, which I didn't coz I thought it's only above 6 months...
The thing is, the dates are listed in the LOE only, not in the travel history page because it was too small....

I've just send a request to the FBI for a PPC, but it will take about 2-3 months and I'm already 4 months after AOR...anyone knows something about this kind of situation?
Raise a CSE immediately and keep your fingers crossed

Rajshivani

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
19-04-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
From what I have seen in my notes, it's quite simple. The delay comes down to you just sitting in a Que. Nothing more, nothing less. Of course, I am not counting the secondary security bit. Assuming you don't go into secondary security, it comes down to how SOON your file gets picked up. The speed of that depends on resources at the VO office. People in Ottawa are going through in crazy speeds since they have shorter due dates for sure and these shorter due dates are due to increased resources. The CIO - LVO speed is slower for sure since LVO handles family sponsorships, student visas, refugees perhaps and what not. EE is just one of the things they handle. Since there are so many applications, it just comes down to how soon they access your file.

If everything looks good then its a matter of they getting to it. And usually, they put internal due dates so they don't 'miss' the file. The due dates from what I have read are system generated so they act as a form of a PING for them so they don't miss anyone. But I know cases where they don't action it on the due date. Perhaps they have too much of a load and they assign a new due date.

Take my example.

1 - I wasted 2 months in Medical since they had less resources or whatever in April. Those dates, medical took 60 days to pass. Now people are passing in a week...so they have fixed that issue.
2 - Once i passed medical and R10, my application sat for 45 days with no movement based on my notes for them to do initial analyst check at CIO. Then they shipped me off to London.
3 - So far, three months has passed and no sign of anything while people after me in Ottawa are getting PPR. In my case, my notes showed that everything is perfect. But since I am in London, and they have less resources, it takes longer time.

4 - Finally another month of rotting and they checked my file, passed the officer review, and issued PPR in 3 days flat.

Technically. it's just a 4 day job. For some people it takes 50 days. For some people it takes 5 months. It just comes down to how fast they get to our files.

Of course, PNP has additional steps like Province verification and of course the dreaded secondary security which isn't in CIC hands since it goes to third parties. I'm talking about a simple easy FSW case with no complications. And I paid RPRF ahead and I don't think it backfires. Anyway..I cant complain. I got my PPR in 136 days which now...looking back..isn't too bad at all since their stated timeline is 180 days.
Im on NA2 from over 50 days

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Guys I read on another thread that the transfer to Local Visa Office is mostly in cases of previous visa rejection history. Is it true for any group members here whose file is transferred to local VO?