+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anything I can do to expedite my application/urgent processing?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hello,

I submitted the citizenship application back in Nov 2020. I received the email to create the online application tracker account in June 2020. I created the account and it showed that my application was received on Feb 18, 2021 and the background verification was completed April 25th, 2021. There has been no update since.

Couple of my friends applied after me and have even had their tests back in July.

I am applying for a job that requires the applicant to be a Canadian citizen. Can I request an urgent processing so that I don't miss out on this career opportunity ?

Should I contact IRCC to see why they haven't done anything on my application since April 25th, 2021 or is this normal processing times during the Covid era?

I filed my application in Nov but it got received in Feb, would that make me a feb 2021 application or Nov 2020 applicant?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
For the purposes of this forum, you’re Nov 2020.

It wouldn’t hurt to ask for urgent processing, and citizenship for valid job offers is commonly approved for UP.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hello,

I submitted the citizenship application back in Nov 2020. I received the email to create the online application tracker account in June 2020. I created the account and it showed that my application was received on Feb 18, 2021 and the background verification was completed April 25th, 2021. There has been no update since.

Couple of my friends applied after me and have even had their tests back in July.

I am applying for a job that requires the applicant to be a Canadian citizen. Can I request an urgent processing so that I don't miss out on this career opportunity ?

Should I contact IRCC to see why they haven't done anything on my application since April 25th, 2021 or is this normal processing times during the Covid era?

I filed my application in Nov but it got received in Feb, would that make me a feb 2021 application or Nov 2020 applicant?
Applying for job is different from job offer. Applying for job is not UP, job offer is UP

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
As @bellaluna commented, no harm in making the request for urgent processing.

As for predicting whether IRCC will expedite the process, that is at best guess-timating.

As @anton1990 indicates, the difference between a job offer and qualifying to apply for a job can mean the difference between getting urgent processing or not.

The reason why Canadian citizenship is required for the job can also be a big factor. Many confuse needing a Canadian passport for needing Canadian citizenship. Not the same. That is, for example, if the reason for needing Canadian citizenship is about facilitating international travel, which is the far more common scenario, that is not really about needing Canadian citizenship (if, for example, U.S. citizenship and a U.S. passport would satisfy the employer, obviously that is not a job for which Canadian citizenship is required).

Otherwise, timelines are especially difficult to forecast right now. There are scores of 2019 applicants still waiting for the test, let alone being scheduled for the oath. But as you are aware, some applicants appear to be sailing through on a faster track. Covid is undoubtedly a big factor in the uncertainty and for too many all too slow processing, but the vagaries in processing timelines appear to be about more than just that.

Reactions: bellaluna