+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone you know who applied study permit from saudia?

shakil_kasuri

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Dear members
I am Muhammad shakil from saudi arabia but basically i am pakistani by nationality. I am doing job here since 1 year as a pharmacist on company visa. Now I want to apply to Msc program in canada but I have some questions to ask from you guys

1-what is the actual processing time to get a study permit from saudia?
2-there is mention on the canadian embassy that if you are non saudi you have to provide current resident status as well as pages of exit and re-entry of your passport 'is it means i have to take vacations from the company?
3-how much bank statement is required? and can I show the bank statement of my friend?

waiting for your kind reply

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakil_kasuri said:
Dear members
I am Muhammad shakil from saudi arabia but basically i am pakistani by nationality. I am doing job here since 1 year as a pharmacist on company visa. Now I want to apply to Msc program in canada but I have some questions to ask from you guys

1-what is the actual processing time to get a study permit from saudia?
2-there is mention on the canadian embassy that if you are non saudi you have to provide current resident status as well as pages of exit and re-entry of your passport 'is it means i have to take vacations from the company?
3-how much bank statement is required? and can I show the bank statement of my friend?

waiting for your kind reply
Hi,

1. It's 7 weeks www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp
2. Means you have to show your vaild saudi visa + passport entry/exit pages.
3. First year tuition fees + CAD 10,000 living expenses (as a minimum).
4. For sponsorship you need:
a. One reference letter (good if it's on official letter head) showing,
- Sponsor occupation
- Relationship to you
- Number of dependent they have!
- Full Contact details.
- One letter from the Sponsor's employer (on a letter head) showing;
1. Employer contact details. 2. Business address.

* In case your possible sponsor lives abroad thn you also need;
1. Sponsor passport copy with Visa status.
2. SIN number/Identity card, if any.
3. ITR details.
4. Bank statement.

shakil_kasuri

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

1. It's 7 weeks www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp
2. Means you have to show your vaild saudi visa + passport entry/exit pages.
3. First year tuition fees + CAD 10,000 living expenses (as a minimum).
4. For sponsorship you need:
a. One reference letter (good if it's on official letter head) showing,
- Sponsor occupation
- Relationship to you
- Number of dependent they have!
- Full Contact details.
- One letter from the Sponsor's employer (on a letter head) showing;
1. Employer contact details. 2. Business address.

* In case your possible sponsor lives abroad thn you also need;
1. Sponsor passport copy with Visa status.
2. SIN number/Identity card, if any.
3. ITR details.
4. Bank statement.
thanks for your kind information. but i still have 2 confusions
1-i have a bussinessman who can sponsor me but he is also pakistani and is my FRIEND. can i show his bank statement?
2-As you talk about exit/re-entry pages, these pages are those when i came from pakistan (exit from pakistan) or i have take exit from saudi arabia before submitting my passport to the embassy?

doctor_acdc

Mar 16, 2012
As for I know, you need to have a strong relationship with your sponsor e.g. father,brother etc. but I am not very sure about this. About the exit re-entry, you have to obtain a new exit re-entry to apply for study permit since this proves that you have strong ties with this country and would return here after your studies which would also need confirmations from your employer that they allow you to go on a study break and you will return back to them. So if you are considering to apply from Saudi Arabia be very sure you have enough proof to show that you will be back here. Also you are on your company visa and you are here only from 1 year.. that is also not a very good sign to prove your ties with this country. In my opinion if you get an admission go to Pakistan and apply for a visa but this is just an advice... do whatever you feel is right and convenient for you.

shakil_kasuri

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
good idea. much appreciated

but the thing is that if i go to pakistan for visa processing then the company make my exit from saudi arabia and GOD FORBID if i dont get visa from pakistan then i will loss my saudi visa. a confusing situation :-[

doctor_acdc

Mar 16, 2012
The thing is if you want to apply from here you will have to show them your immigration status over here with exit re-entry. So what I mean to say is that you should have "strong ties" with country of residence or application. So if you are applying from KSA you will need a letter from your company that allows you a study break and that you will return back to them after the course of your study. That is the only way you can prove ties with KSA or it is honestly a waste of time applying from here. I will make it easy for you...

See if you are looking to apply for studies in Canada and also keep KSA job as an option until you are sure about Canada then I am really sorry to inform you that according to the limited knowledge I have and a little survey I have done on internet you will definitely get a rejection based on ties with country and they will say you will not leave Canada after your studies. So be very careful because time is money and you don't waste your money.

shakil_kasuri

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
yes you are right. Company will not allow me to leave for canada because they dont want to loss their employee.
based on your analysis now i have decided to take vacations and go to pakistan for visa purposes.
your guidance help me in my decision. thank you soo much

doctor_acdc

Mar 16, 2012
How many days vacations will you be getting from your company? Because it takes at least 11 weeks (3 months) for the visa to process in Pakistan. Which would mean that you can't travel back to KSA for 3 months once you apply from Pakistan because your passport would be in Visa Office. So make note of all the factors.

doctor_acdc

Mar 16, 2012
Then it must not be a problem! ... Just be sure you choose a course which is relevant to your previous studies .. have enough proof of funds and also enough proof of country ties.. e.g. property etc. .. Good luck!

shakil_kasuri

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
thank you soo much.
but one thing how will i sastisfy the VO that i will come back after completing my studiess?
as you know according to saudi laws my employer cannot give me 2 year vacations (only less than 6 months are allowed for independent visa cases but not for me)
how to tackle this situation??

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
I m in uae my father have a business in uae but im on employment visa in my business my father is also in uae should i show ties in pak or show my father have business and i will come back after study......