+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who has some experience on this ?

Archana`

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone help me please ?

I submitted/completed my PhD in year 2015 in India and got it awarded in 2017.
However immediately after my submission in 2015, I became eligible and started working as a PostDoc (NOC 4011) in India
and two years later was awarded my Ph.D degree.

Now when I am creating my express entry profile, it says “Date you first become qualified to practice in this profession”.
Should it be 2015 or 2017.
The day I started working or the day I was awarded my Ph.D degree.

If I mention 2015, the day I started working, will it be considered as misrepresentation by IRCC since I was awarded my PhD in 2017.
And if i mention 2017, would my experience be counted by CIC ?
I would really be grateful if anyone can help me out from this tricky situation.

Thanks
Archana

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Hello Everyone,

However immediately after my submission in 2015, I became eligible and started working as a PostDoc (NOC 4011) in India

Now when I am creating my express entry profile, it says “Date you first become qualified to practice in this profession”.

If I mention 2015, the day I started working, will it be considered as misrepresentation by IRCC since I was awarded my PhD in 2017.
I would really be grateful if anyone can help me out from this tricky situation.

Thanks
Archana
If you have been working continuosly, then you must be having 3 years experience after 2017 itself. Since you are going to get maximum points for 3 years experience, no need to make the matters complicated. Simply use experience after 2017. Mention first 2 years of job in personal history and explain all this situation in letter of explanation.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
Archana
Try to find if your selected NOC is regulated? If it is not then logically you will be fine otherwise fill in your real experience duration and fill in "authorized to practice" with your conferral date. Let them take the decision.

professions in Canada require a regulated license to one be authorized to practice it. if so you need to apply for one from your destination Province if you were found eligible.

https://www.cicic.ca/928/find_out_if_your_occupation_is_regulated_or_not.canada