+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone travelled to Canada after - DLI being listed

Jamairr

Oct 24, 2020
My husband and I will be traveling on the 14th.
Hi! I am planning to travel on November 16th with my spouse. I am curious if anyone is gonna travel before us.
To my best knowledge, if your spouse is approved at the same time as you, they will receive the exemption to travel letter in their GC Key, enabling to be exempt. In addition, you need self-isolation plan (in BC we have separate form), POE letter, LOA, and financial documents if officer will ask you for it (but it is recommended to have some). Also, you should fill in ArriveCan form either on their website or in app before landing. Just in case, I will bring with me letter of support from my institution and enrollment verification, as well as my signed lease

Reactions: janesama

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
Hey y'all!

I just woke up from my first night in quarantine.
So - I have been able to enter Canada. I am just gonna narrate the whole trip. For anyone who doesn't care about details: There is nothing to worry about if you have a study permit and proof of enrollment! For everyone else:

So I departed in Frankfurt and was already asked about my documents at check-in. Then again, when boarding. I have also had to get my temperature taken. I got on the flight with ease - which was low-key unexpected.

After 9 hours I was in Toronto. I was getting kinda nervous at that point. So I walked up the counter to the CBSA officer and I was literally just asked to show my study permit and proof of enrollment. I was asked nothing else - the officer passed my documents back and I was let in. It took less than a minute. I did not expect that.

I am also confused since I did not need to show the ArriveCAN app or anything. I am still not sure what to do with the app now - I can not fill in anything else. I might call the support soon since I am supposed to fill in a self-check every day. I can update on that if people care.

Before boarding my next flight, I had to get my temperature taken again.

When I got to Halifax I just needed to get my luggage and present another form (Nova Scotia Save Check-In) that I had filled out online in advance.

Now in quarantine I have to fill out several health self-assessments everyday.

Other than that I have just been laying in bed the whole time lol

I hope this helps everyone who is planning on travelling soon! Don't stress about it. My experience was good! The worst part was the travel itself (delays, weird airport procedures, etc...)

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hey y'all!

So - I have been able to enter Canada. I am just gonna narrate the whole trip. For anyone who doesn't care about details: There is nothing to worry about if you have a study permit and proof of enrollment! For everyone else:

So I left in Frankfurt and was already asked about my documents at check-in. Then again, when boarding. I have also had to get my temperature taken. I got on the flight with ease - which was low-key unexpected.

After 9 hours I was in Toronto. And now my legs started shaking. So I walked up the counter to the CBSA officer and I was literally just asked to show my study permit and proof of enrollment. I was asked nothing else - passed my documents back and I was in. It took less than a minute. I did not expect that.

I am also confused since I did not need to show the ArriveCAN app or anything. I am still not sure what to do with the app now - I can not fill in anything else. I might call the support soon since I am supposed to fill in a self-check every day. I can update on that if people care.

When I got to Halifax I just needed to get my luggage and present another form for Nova Scotia's quarantine pules itself that I had filled out online in advance.

Now in quarantine I have to fill out several self-checks everyday.

I hope this helps everyone who is planning on travelling soon! Don't stress about it. My experience was good! The worst part was the travel itself (delays, weird airport procedures, etc...)
The IRCC adverts for ArriveCan app mention the daily reports using the app from 21 November so maybe those who arrive before 21 November don't have to do them yet.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hey y'all!

So I departed in Frankfurt and was already asked about my documents at check-in. Then again, when boarding. I have also had to get my temperature taken. I got on the flight with ease - which was low-key unexpected.

After 9 hours I was in Toronto. I was getting kinda nervous at that point. So I walked up the counter to the CBSA officer and I was literally just asked to show my study permit and proof of enrollment. I was asked nothing else - the officer passed my documents back and I was let in. It took less than a minute. I did not expect that.

When I got to Halifax I just needed to get my luggage and present another form (Nova Scotia Save Check-In) that I had filled out online in advance.

Thanks for the detailed description of your travel! One question though - when was your proof of enrollment issued? Mine has September date so I am wondering whether I should ask my uni to refresh it before my journey next week

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
The IRCC adverts for ArriveCan app mention the daily reports using the app from 21 November so maybe those who arrive before 21 November don't have to do them yet.
Ohhh yeah I just saw that on their website as well. Might still give them a call just to double check!
Thanks!

Thanks for the detailed description of your travel! One question though - when was your proof of enrollment issued? Mine has September date so I am wondering whether I should ask my uni to refresh it before my journey next week
I had one letter which was the one I got when I was accepeted at Dal. Saying that my studies are from 2018 to 2022. And then I had one letter each for the fall and winter term of this year. So one letter was from September to December 2020 and the other one proved my enrollment from January 2021 to April 2021.

The letters do not have a real date of issue since we are able to print them out through Dal's online services whenever we want!

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Ohhh yeah I just saw that on their website as well. Might still give them a call just to double check!
Thanks!

I had one letter which was the one I got when I was accepeted at Dal. Saying that my studies are from 2018 to 2022. And then I had one letter each for the fall and winter term of this year. So one letter was from September to December 2020 and the other one proved my enrollment from January 2021 to April 2021.

The letters do not have a real date of issue since we are able to print them out through Dal's online services whenever we want!
I take it you're a returning student. Correct?

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hey y'all!

Thank you for the detailed description. Did you have the study permit already, because I heard that there's a lot of waiting for the study permit issuance. :)

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Anyone planning to go to a province which is not the province of your study? Is it advisable to travel to another province of the classes are online for fall. Or would it cause issues.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hey guys, did any of you enter/will be entering Vancouver with SOWP (first time landing with SP)? I am worried since Vancouver metro area is on lockdown. From one side, I shouldn’t care since I will be self-isolating anyways, but I am worried about it being harder to enter...

Kaur amrit

Oct 20, 2020
Hey y'all!

U travelled from where india or any other country ?

Jamairr

Oct 24, 2020
My husband and I are set to arrive in Saturday night.
Hey guys, did any of you enter/will be entering Vancouver with SOWP (first time landing with SP)? I am worried since Vancouver metro area is on lockdown. From one side, I shouldn’t care since I will be self-isolating anyways, but I am worried about it being harder to enter...

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
My husband and I are set to arrive in Saturday night.
Awesome! My husband and I will be landing on Monday afternoon. Would you share your experience once you land? Otherwise I’m super anxious

Jamairr

Oct 24, 2020
No problem! I will be sure to do so. I saw on this thread that a woman went last week and she said it was really smooth and only took about 5 mins .
Awesome! My husband and I will be landing on Monday afternoon. Would you share your experience once you land? Otherwise I’m super anxious