+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone recieved medical requests from Pilot-Ottawa Office? Help!Help!

swimsuesu

Aug 25, 2011
Hey guys.... I submitted my immigration applications in March 2011 (Via CEC Buffalo visa office) and I didn't get any reply from them for these 4 mths. When I checked my e-mail yesterday, I got a letter from CPP ottawa office with my case number. It is said that my case has been transferred from the Buffalo visa office to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office to speed up the creation and processing. And also, I'm asked to do medical exam and all three medical requirment docs are attached in the e-mail.

I just wonder if anyone here recieved the similar e-mail from CPP-O office as me. Does this mean the initial assessment is completed? Also, Do I have to take medical exam within 60 days? or better ASAP?

Currently, I'm hired by a Canadian global company and transferred to work in London, UK for a year, so it's not possible to be back Canada in short peirod to do my medical exam. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to do medical things in UK and mail back to Ottawa office?

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
swimsuesu said:
Hey guys.... I submitted my immigration applications in March 2011 (Via CEC Buffalo visa office) and I didn't get any reply from them for these 4 mths.
4-5 months is quite normal, unfortunately.

When I checked my e-mail yesterday, I got a letter from CPP ottawa office with my case number. It is said that my case has been transferred from the Buffalo visa office to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office to speed up the creation and processing. And also, I'm asked to do medical exam and all three medical requirment docs are attached in the e-mail.

I just wonder if anyone here recieved the similar e-mail from CPP-O office as me. Does this mean the initial assessment is completed?
I read about this on another forum, so you're not the only one (unless you posted there as well? :). This CPP-O office has been processing "selected" files in other immigration classes for a while, but I think they've only just started for CEC.

It does not mean the IA is complete. CIC has started sending medical requests before IA because it speeds up the process. When they assess your file fully, they will check if you have medical results in the system, and if you do (and there's nothing else they want—no police certificates, RCMP checks, etc.) they can approve your application immediately, instead of waiting for you to do your medicals and for the results to appear in the system.

Also, Do I have to take medical exam within 60 days? or better ASAP?
You don't have to, but if you want your application approved fast, do it ASAP. It's possible that CPP-O is going to be very fast—they haven't been around long enough to know—but they can't be any faster than you. :)

Currently, I'm hired by a Canadian global company and transferred to work in London, UK for a year, so it's not possible to be back Canada in short peirod to do my medical exam. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to do medical things in UK and mail back to Ottawa office?
Absolutely. Plenty of DMPs in London. Check the "List of Designated Medical Practitioners" on the CIC website.

Your DMP may or may not want to send the result to Ottawa. (There are "Regional Medical Offices" all over the world. Some DMPs insist on sending results to their local RMO instead of Ottawa. This is nothing to worry about, your results will get into the system whether the DMP sends them to Ottawa, or Paris, or wherever.)

swimsuesu

Aug 25, 2011
Thanks so much for your reply! I'm too worried now that if I do my Medical exam in UK, my case would be delayed to process. And, I'm not sure if I HAVE TO change my address to UK. Since I was transferred to work in UK office after I submitted my CEC and I might fly btw UK and Can for couple times a year, I'm not sure if it is possible to still keep my Canadian address.

defenestration

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2011
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
Med's Request
31-05-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Passport Req..
23-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
swimsuesu said:
Thanks so much for your reply! I'm too worried now that if I do my Medical exam in UK, my case would be delayed to process. And, I'm not sure if I HAVE TO change my address to UK. Since I was transferred to work in UK office after I submitted my CEC and I might fly btw UK and Can for couple times a year, I'm not sure if it is possible to still keep my Canadian address.
You are also worried now, or you are (not) too worried? That shouldn't delay the process. I did my medicals in Paris and they were in the system 2 weeks later.

CIC wants to know where you live. If they find out that you've been living in the UK but you never told them, that could cause problems. They'll probably need a UK police certificate, for one thing.