+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone recently applied for study permit from inside canada

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
nEVERgiveUP751 said:
Hi
Does Anyone recently applied for study permit from inside Canada
please reply
I did. Send my application to vac la at the end of August, application transferred to visa office on September 1st, got approved letter yesterday. Now Waiting my passport to be send back from la :)

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
micbinli1234 said:
I did. Send my application to vac la at the end of August, application transferred to visa office on September 1st, got approved letter yesterday. Now Waiting my passport to be send back from la :)
Did you applied for study permit or study visa ?

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
barbs said:
On your form (IMM1294E) were says "country where applying" Did you put down a Canadian or USA address? Please help! Thanks
canada, bacause the fact is that I am currently living in Canada. Therefore, I just clicked the "yes" box of "same as current country of residence"

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
nEVERgiveUP751 said:
For study permit application no need to send passport right ?
It depends,

I apply for the study permit inside the country as visitor, then yes, I do need to sent passport with the application package.

If you already study in Canada with study permit, and you want to extend it inside Canada before it expired, then no, you don't need to sent passport.

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
micbinli1234 said:
It depends,

I apply for the study permit inside the country as visitor, then yes, I do need to sent passport with the application package.

If you already study in Canada with study permit, and you want to extend it inside Canada before it expired, then no, you don't need to sent passport.
OK got it now.
I was on work permit and i applied for study permit before expiry of my work permit.

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
nEVERgiveUP751 said:
OK got it now.
I was on work permit and i applied for study permit before expiry of my work permit.
I am not sure but if I am not wrong, you need to sent your application package to LA USA with passport too.

Sep 22, 2016
Hey
I am an international student and I came to Canada in 2015 for diploma course that is for 1 year. In my second semester I paid the whole fees then I had some family problem then I need to go back to my home country for about 3 weeks then I takedown with my international advisor about this issue and stated that grant me leave for 3 weeks and also talked with my faculty, they denied and ask me take a semester off and 25% fees was refuned. Then I came back to Canada and working part time but still having a semester off. I was not really happy with my course then I took admission in different college for a pilot course and started in August.
Now I need to extend my study permit and visa to continue this course.
Will it be difficult to extend my study permit or what will be end result..... ?
Thank you

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
Brother in Need said:
Hey
I am an international student and I came to Canada in 2015 for diploma course that is for 1 year. In my second semester I paid the whole fees then I had some family problem then I need to go back to my home country for about 3 weeks then I takedown with my international advisor about this issue and stated that grant me leave for 3 weeks and also talked with my faculty, they denied and ask me take a semester off and 25% fees was refuned. Then I came back to Canada and working part time but still having a semester off. I was not really happy with my course then I took admission in different college for a pilot course and started in August.
Will it be difficult to extend my study permit or what will be end result..... ?
Thank you
man, I really can't predict the result, maybe someone with better experience can give you a more confident response.

Personally speaking, your situation is quite risky to me. Basically you are holding a study permit but you are not studying. I think you really need to persuade the visa officer to believe your story and try to prove what you said above, and let them believe you will study hard in the new college-----this is the hard part. Also, how's your gpa/transcript/average marks of your 1st semester? I guess that's the only official report to prove if you were a good student in Canada. Or maybe a couple reference letters from your advicor and instructor might help.

Satvir Singh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Samrala,Punjab,India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 07,2014
File Transfer...
09 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2014 Wahaguru
Brother in Need said:
Hey
Thank you

I think there would be no problem to extend your study permit. Immigration know that some students have difficulty to complete the course thats why their is study permit extension.

In yourcase you have only one semester off which is okay.
To extend your study permit you need a letter from your current college stats that your course will take that time and fill some other documents and apply for it.
My advice to you is that apply your study permit as soon as possible becase in the end of October or November applicants will get their after their study permit expired in November.

Sep 22, 2016
Thank you both for your reply.

Actually in my 1st semester I got 79% in 2 subjects 93% in 1 subject and in one subject I got failed, I tried my best in that subject but I failed.
In my visa file I am also attaching my email conversation that I had with my international advisor at time I was leaving for India. There was no intention to take a semester off I even paid the whole fees for that semester that is $9000 and just got 25% refund.

I got a letter from my current school advisor that I am a full time student.
Is there something else that I need to attach with my doc because I really want to complete my pilot course. Till now I invested $15000 in pilot course

Thank you

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
Brother in Need said:
Thank you both for your reply.

Actually in my 1st semester I got 79% in 2 subjects 93% in 1 subject and in one subject I got failed, I tried my best in that subject but I failed.
In my visa file I am also attaching my email conversation that I had with my international advisor at time I was leaving for India. There was no intention to take a semester off I even paid the whole fees for that semester that is $9000 and just got 25% refund.

I got a letter from my current school advisor that I am a full time student.
Is there something else that I need to attach with my doc because I really want to complete my pilot course. Till now I invested $15000 in pilot course

Thank you
Personally thinking, an extra explanation letter shows your situation and the reason for changing the school might be helpful.

Bassquiat

Sep 16, 2016
micbinli1234 said:
Hello guys,

I'm planning to send my application online next week for study permit. My vistory visa expires on January 2017, do I need to send my passport? I have read that we have to scan the passport information, on the other hand, someone told me that perhaps I will need a previous english curse here in Canada, is that true?

Thanks for answering! And good luck!