+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone know how many ppl got visa delay n couldnt go to uni last year?

pepo2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
I know everyone is worried
I know everyone says we just need to wait
But i want to know how many people actually got the visa after sep and couldnt to to their course on time?
Or even they need to wait for a year to enroll next year admission?

Thank you

swethamohanvamsi

Jun 24, 2014
pepo2016 said:
I know everyone is worried
I know everyone says we just need to wait
But i want to know how many people actually got the visa after sep and couldnt to to their course on time?
Or even they need to wait for a year to enroll next year admission?

Thank you
My consultancy told me University can defer us to the next intake which is Jan 2017.

But am not sure coz mine is a foundation programme and my actual MBA course starts in Jan.

Even am worried that i will not make it for September coz i applied from Abudhabi which takes 12 weeks for processing.

pepo2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
My course only starts in sep.
I have mailed the uni. They said i could transfer next year if my visa wasnt approved.

Tamrana

Aug 5, 2016
my program starts late Aug and havent got the visa yet
am going crazy and there is no Jan intake :(

Twip

Aug 8, 2016
Yeah, I'm still waiting for my CAQ, which I apparently need before applying for the actual Visa. Not looking too good.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Twip said:
Yeah, I'm still waiting for my CAQ, which I apparently need before applying for the actual Visa. Not looking too good.
What country are you from and when did your documents reach MIDI in Montreal?

My documents reached on 19th July and I got my CAQ on August 3rd. Processed in 15 days

Twip

Aug 8, 2016
I'm from Finland, but my papers only reached them 3rd of August. Even if the processing would be in 15 days (!), it would be extremely tight with the Visa application, as my school only allows one week of delay.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Twip said:
I'm from Finland, but my papers only reached them 3rd of August. Even if the processing would be in 15 days (!), it would be extremely tight with the Visa application, as my school only allows one week of delay.
True! But at least the visa processing time for Finland would not be ridiculously high!

At any rate, get your CAQ and then you may evaluate if you need to defer your start term to Winter 2017.

If you defer for just one term, your CAQ stays valid and you don't have to get a new one

Twip

Aug 8, 2016
Oh that's great! Thanks for the quick answers!

I suppose I'll just pray for the best until then.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Twip said:
Oh that's great! Thanks for the quick answers!

I suppose I'll just pray for the best until then.
Yep! Good Luck!

Out of curiosity, what program and what university have you been admitted to?