+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone in the midst of spousal sponsorship travel to Canada on an ETA and have their 6 months cut...

Pameladominic

Feb 11, 2018
Anyone in the midst of spousal sponsorship, travel to Canada on an ETA and have their allowable 6 months cut short or outrightly refused entry?
I'd like to book a fulll 6 months in Canada whilst I await the results of the spousal sponsorship application (both my husband our two daughters are Canadian) but I'm worried border control will see my pending application and either turn me away or decided I can only stay for ONE month (for example).
I'm planning on booking (and obviously adhering to) - a return flight and I will keep my address in the UK in the meantime.
Does anyone have any idea about this or would you mind sharing your experience if you were in a similar situation?
Hi, we did something similar. We arrived in September 2017 my husband and one of my child are Canadian Citizens and my other 3 daughters and me are Chiliean. We apply for our eTA was immediately aproved then when we landed in Toronto the officer ask to us about our trip and my husband was clear. We are moving he said!. (My heart was running) he explained that we will be submitting our application for spousal sponsorship Inland soon as possible he found a job in Toronto. And also the officer ask about if we have a house in Chile and we have one and ask about money and we said the truth we bring enough money to paid for our rental house and all our needs. And we was in. But I was very nervous.
Bad situation now is we didn't submitt our application for sponsorship yet but we are working on it, but my visitor status will be expiring soon in march and I don't know what to do!! I read that I can extend my stay..but I want to know if crossing to US and back could help?? If someone know some information would be great!.