+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone heard of BUNAC? Just wondered...

Charliesaurus

Sep 17, 2014
Leeds, England, United Kingdom.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody come over to canada on the 1 year Bunac program? I was wondering a couple of things...

- Through Bunac, am I able to choose my own self employment? As whilst working over there, I wish to be staying with my boyfriend in his household in Ontario, Hawkesbury? I wish to find a job locally to him via BUNAC.

- Do employers need a LMIA (Labour marketing impact assesment) if I go over on a BUNAC program?

- Is the BUNAC program a valid way to achieve common law status?

- When should I apply for BUNAC if I wish to go over to Canada sometimes around - or after September 2015?

- How long do applications take to process?

- Will somebody be there to help me all the way, I am so scared and terrified to be doing this on my own.

Thanks so much!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Charliesaurus said:
Has anybody come over to canada on the 1 year Bunac program? I was wondering a couple of things...

- Through Bunac, am I able to choose my own self employment? As whilst working over there, I wish to be staying with my boyfriend in his household in Ontario, Hawkesbury? I wish to find a job locally to him via BUNAC.

- Do employers need a LMIA (Labour marketing impact assesment) if I go over on a BUNAC program?

- Is the BUNAC program a valid way to achieve common law status?

- When should I apply for BUNAC if I wish to go over to Canada sometimes around - or after September 2015?

- How long do applications take to process?

- Will somebody be there to help me all the way, I am so scared and terrified to be doing this on my own.

Thanks so much!
1. Don't bother with BUNAC , you end up spend money that is not necessary. You apply for an International Experience Canada work permit. Allows you to work in Canada for either 1 year or 2 years depending on your citizenship. It should open in late December early January. Go to http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx pick your country and read the information.

Charliesaurus

Sep 17, 2014
Leeds, England, United Kingdom.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. Don't bother with BUNAC , you end up spend money that is not necessary. You apply for an International Experience Canada work permit. Allows you to work in Canada for either 1 year or 2 years depending on your citizenship. It should open in late December early January. Go to http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx pick your country and read the information.
I can't work over there till September 2015 - and I don't believe this offers those dates, not to mention the applications disappear within and around 30 minutes to half an hour, and you have to watch your PC religiously. I don't mind the fee's as it's only around £500.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Charliesaurus said:
I can't work over there till September 2015 - and I don't believe this offers those dates, not to mention the applications disappear within and around 30 minutes to half an hour, and you have to watch your PC religiously. I don't mind the fee's as it's only around £500.
1. Your money to waste. Bunac is no longer given any allotments for IEC work permits.
2. All they will do is notify you that the IEC is open, last year the notified people after it had opened and already closed.
3. If you receive a LOI from IEC it is valid for 1 year from the date of issue to Enter Canada. So as long as you enter within that year, you will be issued either a 1/2 year work permit.