+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from the Philippines???

RainShower

Mar 14, 2007
Hello guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Right now we are in the waiting zone :-(

Im from the Philippines and here is my timeline:

Oct 2002 - AOR
April 03 to March 06 - Update files (MBA, IELTS, add'l child)
Sep 06 - letter re:update docs
Oct 06 - submitted updated docs
Feb 07 - medical instructions / submitted
Destination: Toronto or Vancouver

Pinaymom

Mar 19, 2007
Hi!! Your wait might just be over soon ...

Expect to hear from the Embassy around 3 months after your medicals. If you made it, you will be given instructions to forward your passports for the visa and copr issuance..

Visa expiry usually falls on a date no more than a year after you underwent your medicals..

Good luck!!

RainShower

Mar 14, 2007
thanx for your reply

if you dont mind, What's the status of your application or are you a Canadian Immigrant already?

nice meeting you

cheers

Pinaymom

Mar 19, 2007
Hi, Rainshower! My family and I already have our PR visa and COPR, but we have yet to land in Canada..If things go well, we might do that June/ July this year. :)

WE had our medical exams in Cebu Octobre 2006... Received a letter from the embassy to forward our passports plus pix early January this year... We had our passports back with the visa and COPR early February 2007... It will expire October 2007..

So my advise to your post is based on my own experience .. :)

Cheers

soccer dad

Mar 25, 2007
Hi, I'm knew here and I'm from Bacolod, Philippines. We applied last Oct2001. We had our medicals last Nov2006 and we got our visas and COPR last month, Feb2007. We'll be leaving for Toronto on mid May of this year. Next month we'll be having our COA seminar and PIDOS seminar in Manila and I have to get a certification from LTO that I've been driving since 1988 so that I don't have to wait for 8 months in order to get a driving exam in Canada. Good luck to all of you and God bless!!!

Pinaymom

Mar 19, 2007
Hi there, soccerdad!! How nice, congrats guid sa imo!

From where in Bacolod are you? I asked because my brother-in-law lives there with his family... My family and I are in Kalibo Aklan.. Kinda near, di bala? My hubby though is originally from Bacolod, too.. He attended La Salle - Grade school to college..

Sayang you will be going to Toronto.. WE're gonna settle in Vancouver.. Would have been nice to have new family friends around...

Incidentally. what is PIDOS? In the letter I received from CIC there were brochures for the COA and Canada workforce integration seminar plus the Commision (or something) for Filipinos Abroad..It will be nice if you can take the time to tell me something about it.. I might be missing something!! Thanks!

Cheers!

myna_voice

Mar 31, 2007
Hi to all,

I am planning to migrate to Canada as a Skilled Worker and I dont now how to start the application... Is there anyone of you knows any representative that is cheap and will be able to help me settle in Canada. I dont want to take a risk doing it by myself...

Regards,

Me

Pinaymom

Mar 19, 2007
hello myrna!

i would think that there is no such thing as a cheap consultant in our country... you will be charged exhorbitant fees!

i suggest you visit www.cic.gc.ca and perform their self-assessment test, just to see if you will gain enough points based on your credentials..you might find that you can accomplish the application by yourself..

but if you really must, then find the link to the accredited consultants, ... you have to be very careful - as you know, there are many ill-intentioned people who might convince you that they are authorized, but will just suck all your funds even before you have started... you might find some ads in the newspapers about immigration consultants - maybe you can start from there and call them, so you can decide based on the info they will give you... remember to ask proof that they are accredited..

good luck!

soccer dad

Mar 25, 2007
pinaymom, sorry for the late reply. i was busy witn the other forum (pinoy to canada forum). anyways PDOS is that one together with the COA you received from the embassy. and to myna_voice, you don't have to get a consultant. follow pinaymom's advice.

Pinaymom

Mar 19, 2007
hi soccer dad.. HMM, interesting... i don't seem to have receievd that PDOS thing.. What is it about, if you don't mind?

also, what is the addy of the pinoy to canada forum?

thanks much! good luck on the coming big move - you must be busy peparing for it too, like we are...

cheers!

RainShower

Mar 14, 2007
myna_voice said:
Hi to all,

I am planning to migrate to Canada as a Skilled Worker and I dont now how to start the application... Is there anyone of you knows any representative that is cheap and will be able to help me settle in Canada. I dont want to take a risk doing it by myself...

Regards,

Me
try this website (http://lbautista.proboards31.com/index.cgi) "PINOY 2 CANADA" FORUM. It will surely help you. YOu will learn a lot and maybe you won't have to ask for a consultant. Many members of P2C is very helpful.

although if you still want the assistance from those consultants it's up to you.

goodluck myna

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
no problem, pinaymom. regarding consultant, we too hired the owner of this website campbell cohen. we got our PR visa exactly 13 months after we applied as SW. we've decided to get one because of a previous experience of one of our close friend who was denied getting a work visa here in the us. i know US is very different from canada, but what im saying is that it is your own decision.

you will see applications being turned down because they forgot to write down N/A in the form etc. etc. if you need help, a lot of forum members are happy to assist you. goodluck.

Maiah

Nov 2, 2007
Hello Kababayans,
Anyone planning to land in Toronto and need temporary accommodations, please check out: www.canadiantransitions.org.

Thanks!

polongi

Nov 12, 2007
Any Filipino,
Keep coming and share your experience and knowledge. We will populate CANADA in the future. I love this country since it is voted by the UN as one of the safest world to live. Just start processing by the embassy my application this April 12, 2007, so 41 months to go :)

regards,
Ben