waived
Passport Req..
mid of Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
mid of Nov-2012
LANDED..........
Spring 2013
Hi
My visa office is Rome and I am under Skilled worker category, I would like to know better about this visa office time frame.
do you have any experience? how fast they are and how long it can take to process our applications?

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ciao. come va!!

Rome is some good and faster processing system in all visas, when I was in Italy I plan to apply FSW from Rome but unfortunately before that I got H1B visa for USA and moved to USA and applied for Canada at Buffalo.
Time frame for this Rome CHC is 13 months (tredici mese) right now from the firstday when you got your AOR's after review your application by Rome CHC, and I belive it's faster than Buffalo and London rest of depend on you how fast you submit required documents by Rome CHC.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

Ciao Ciao,

OMM

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO: 4 June 2011
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
Unfortunately not many of Rome VO applicants around here. From what I see on the spreadsheet it's only 3 of us (including erika222 ). And her status doesn't help much since she has a bug with her e-cas showing her "PER" and "in process" on the same date. She didn't even become RBVO!

So hard to predict how fast they process the post-June applicants...hope less than 13 months though! :)
Apparently they don't send second AORs.
As for my case: it took them a bit over 1 month to change from PER to RBVO. I became RBVO on the 4rth of June and now I'm waiting. I hope to go In Process before the end of summer.....

Good luck with your application bistolfi
I saw they gave you a small heart-attack with your PER. Pity it delayed you a bit, otherwise we would both be on the same time-line.

bistolfi49

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
ITALY
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
beginning of Apr-2011 encashed a week after submission
AOR Received.
beginning of Jul-2011 IN Process: end of Jul-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
File Transfer...
end of Jul-2011
Med's Request
mid of Jul-2012
Med's Done....
mid of Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
mid of Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
mid of Nov-2012
LANDED..........
Spring 2013
thank you guys,

but I know a case:
my friend applied for Quebec immigration in Jan 2008 and he passed his interview and got "certificate of selection" in Paris visa office in October 2008, his filed transferred to Rome for immigration visa.
after a long time he receive Medical request and he sends the result around Feb 2009.
after 1 year waiting he receive another letter asking him to submit another Medical, because the other one is expired ( medical is valid only for one year )
in August 2010 the Visa office ask him to submit his Passport for the visa and fix him an appointment in the middle of August 2010,Obviously he cancels all his vacation and go to the embassy...
you guess what?...
they told him "sorry for an inconvenience but your visa is not ready yet, we will contact you again when your visa is ready , baci :-* baci :-* "
he wait again and again and again, finally he got visa on March 2011.
to understand better his situation see this:

October 2008----file receives to Rome
Feb 2009----1st Medical request (payed around 400€)
Feb 2010----2nd Medical request (payed around 400€ again)
August 2010----1st Passport request (payed fee+ cancelled vacation, payed Train to Rome)
March 2011----2nd Passport request and got VISA

In addition I must inform you that the officer who interviewed him in Paris said "according to the our schedule you will receive your visa in 8 months" so he supposed to see his visa stamp in Jun 2009

so , what you say?

Thalia said:
Unfortunately not many of Rome VO applicants around here. From what I see on the spreadsheet it's only 3 of us (including erika222 ). And her status doesn't help much since she has a bug with her e-cas showing her "PER" and "in process" on the same date. She didn't even become RBVO!

So hard to predict how fast they process the post-June applicants...hope less than 13 months though! :)
Apparently they don't send second AORs.
As for my case: it took them a bit over 1 month to change from PER to RBVO. I became RBVO on the 4rth of June and now I'm waiting. I hope to go In Process before the end of summer.....

Good luck with your application bistolfi
I saw they gave you a small heart-attack with your PER. Pity it delayed you a bit, otherwise we would both be on the same time-line.

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
But you can't estimate Rome VO times according to your friend!

1st of all he is Quebec immigration! Different process, points, requirements from us.

2nd, he is pre-June applicant. We can only compare ourselves with post-June applicants, since many things changed from then. Now we send to CIC in Canada, there is a cap, different points, you send all supporting documents from the beginning etc.

Don't get confused and don't get disappointed because he had delays and problems with his app. Each case is different. It will take us much less time, you will see ;)

bistolfi49

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
ITALY
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
beginning of Apr-2011 encashed a week after submission
AOR Received.
beginning of Jul-2011 IN Process: end of Jul-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
File Transfer...
end of Jul-2011
Med's Request
mid of Jul-2012
Med's Done....
mid of Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
mid of Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
mid of Nov-2012
LANDED..........
Spring 2013
I hope so,
But what happened to my friend was really disturbing.

Thalia said:
But you can't estimate Rome VO times according to your friend!

1st of all he is Quebec immigration! Different process, points, requirements from us.

2nd, he is pre-June applicant. We can only compare ourselves with post-June applicants, since many things changed from then. Now we send to CIC in Canada, there is a cap, different points, you send all supporting documents from the beginning etc.

Don't get confused and don't get disappointed because he had delays and problems with his app. Each case is different. It will take us much less time, you will see ;)

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
bistolfi49 said:
I hope so,
But what happened to my friend was really disturbing.
my opinion? Your friend was even from the lucky ones. Many pre-June (and especially pre-Feb 2008) applicants are in the queue waiting. It has nothing to do with Rome. They are second priority for all VOs and they are part of their backlog. Post-June are first priority and then the VOs will try to reduce the backlogs.

So try not to think about him, he is a totally different case than ours...

hanu

Jul 29, 2011
worrying for rome visa office application

Hi friends,
I applied from Italy to CIC sydney in May 2010 for federal skilled worker. CIC asked me to send all documents to Rome VO in Dec 2010. Mean time I am already in Canada for my study. Sent all document to Rome VO in Jan 2011. for long time i did not hear anything then i sent an email to rome VO. they replied me my application is in queue and waiting for review but they do not know the exact review date. Do any of you know how long will it take to review and finalize my case? is that delay is because I am already in Canada? I am much worried for my case since i have not received the review for 7 month after submitting my all documents to rome VO. Even i habe not received any acknowledgement of receiving my documents.

Hanu :(

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
No, you don't have to worry. And I don't believe that your study status has to do with it.
Right now I see it like this. 1rst priority- student visas (cause courses start in a couple of months), then post-June, then pre-June applicants and then cleaning their backlog. It might take you some more time but if the documents you sent are fine, you won't have a problem.
And Rome VO doesn't issue AORs (at least not for the post-June ones).

hanu

Jul 29, 2011
Thank you Thalia,
I guess you can provide me some more information which i get confuse from the discussion forum and the web page. Can you provide me when does the processing time starts? is that the date you filled application in Nova scotia, sydney, canada, the date when the nova scotia forward the file to rome visa office or the date I sent all documents to rome visa office? or any other?

Another thing is as i applied in May 2010 to nova scotia for the first time but I send all document to rome VO in Jan 2011. Do my application fall in Pre or post June application system?

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
Do you mean according to the estimated times that CIO has posted on the official site? This counts as I see it, form the day you get your PER. "the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package."

But really I wouldn't pay that of a big attention to these times. You can see that there are people that takes half the time, and people that takes double. It has to do with the complexity of a case, the additional papers needed, if there is an interview, background checks etc.
If you applied in May, meaning they received your application in May, then you are a pre-June applicant. It will take you a bit longer than you expected, but it will depend on when you will go "in process". Is your status still RBVO?

hanu

Jul 29, 2011
My status is still saying that Centralized intake office sydney eligibility review complete. though i sent my application to VO Rome in Jan 2010, still the status has not changed. that made me worried. :) . that is why i did not understand when does the application processing time starts? Also recently rome visa office average processing time changed from 13 to 15 months.

jeca

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-June-14
AOR Received.
11-Aug-14
Med's Request
19-Feb-15
Med's Done....
09-Mar-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-Nov-2015 CoPR
Hi all
I also have Rome as VO, I'm currently living in Italy.
I'm a newby regarding the application, mine was received by CIC on the 13th of July.

Good luck to all of us
Ciaooo

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
Welcome to the thread jeca.
Always great to see Rome VO applicants.
So you applied 2 weeks ago. Any idea if the charged your card or cashed your BD yet? I noticed your NOC fills in really really fast!

jeca

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-June-14
AOR Received.
11-Aug-14
Med's Request
19-Feb-15
Med's Done....
09-Mar-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-Nov-2015 CoPR
Thalia said:
Welcome to the thread jeca.
Always great to see Rome VO applicants.
So you applied 2 weeks ago. Any idea if the charged your card or cashed your BD yet? I noticed your NOC fills in really really fast!
Thanks Thalia,
Not sure yet if my BD has been cashed, it was issue by my mother (she lives in canada) through a canadian bank and last wednesday the bank told her it was cashed but they couldn't see the date. Yesterday I tried calling the bank from Italy but they told me that I had to go to their branch to obtain any info about the BD but if they told me (my mom in this case) that it was cashed but they didn't see it in the system then it was a recent transaction or the system was down. Lets see if my mom can do me the favor to pass through one of the branchs so she can confirm it this week.

Ciao