+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Pre 2008 have been notified for refund

nom018

Star Member
May 22, 2010
I applied Nov. 2004 got refused sometime 2010 but I filed an Application for Judicial Review and ultimately won. The Federal Court of Canada judge specifically ruled to prioritize the facilitation of my application, he even mentioned to put me ahead of the line and should be process first. I was given a new file no. last Oct. 2011, had our medical exams last Jan. 2012. It has been six months since we had our medical exams, I have yet to receive a PPR (passport request).

I think they temporarily took the wait & see attitude due to the situation at hand such as the proposed refund of pre Feb. 2008 applicants & Bill C-38. I just hope that a visa will be issued before our medical expired.

I have a strong feeling that the temporary pause in accepting new FSW applicants is a good sign that they will process some of the pre Feb. 2008 applicants. Let's keep our fingers cross :).

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
lyn_lalyn said:
hi lyn, from where are you? maybe we can share experiences for this item?

i'm from philippines...i paid a lot already....did you take IELTS?
hi lyn,

iam from the Philippines too but currently working in Singapore. i had not take IELTS because because my agency did not say so. although I paid a lot for their services. do you apply from agency as well? hopefully we can resolve this issues soon. my email is edgaraland@yahoo.com just in case :)

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
nom018 said:
I applied Nov. 2004 got refused sometime 2010 but I filed an Application for Judicial Review and ultimately won. The Federal Court of Canada judge specifically ruled to prioritize the facilitation of my application, he even mentioned to put me ahead of the line and should be process first. I was given a new file no. last Oct. 2011, had our medical exams last Jan. 2012. It has been six months since we had our medical exams, I have yet to receive a PPR (passport request).

I think they temporarily took the wait & see attitude due to the situation at hand such as the proposed refund of pre Feb. 2008 applicants & Bill C-38. I just hope that a visa will be issued before our medical expired.

I have a strong feeling that the temporary pause in accepting new FSW applicants is a good sign that they will process some of the pre Feb. 2008 applicants. Let's keep our fingers cross :).
Hi, Can you share why they refused you on 2010? Hopefully you can get the your PPR soon and approval for all pre 2008 too,:)

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
lyn_lalyn said:
hi lyn, from where are you? maybe we can share experiences for this item?

i'm from philippines...i paid a lot already....did you take IELTS?
Hi Lyn, I'm from Phils too. When did CIC start to process your application?

nom018

Star Member
May 22, 2010
emsky1973 said:
Hi, Can you share why they refused you on 2010? Hopefully you can get the your PPR soon and approval for all pre 2008 too,:)
Hi emsky1973, here's the link of my thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/honest-mistake-t42448.0.html;msg296134#msg296134

msaleemb

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Dear Friends,
I am an applicant of 2004 and did medicals in October 2011. I sent an email to London office on July 3, 2012 and received following reply on July 4.
Dear Applicant,
In response to your email, please note that your file is currently undergoing routine background checks. Whilst we appreciate that your medical examination results are due to expire on 13-10-2012, we are currently unable to advise when the checks will be completed.
Please note that no further action is required from you at this stage. We will contact you as soon as the results of the background checks have been received.
Yours faithfully,
RIH
Program Assistant

I am sending them email every month and every time I receive the same reply.

lyn_lalyn

Jun 30, 2012
hi lyn,

iam from the Philippines too but currently working in Singapore. i had not take IELTS because because my agency did not say so. although I paid a lot for their services. do you apply from agency as well? hopefully we can resolve this issues soon. my email is edgaraland @ yahoo.com just in case :)

hi po...so you are filipino too...IELTS is required ....IELTS result will pass in embassy.....how much did ypu pay already and where is ur agency? yap we are applying with the help of global prime here in phil....what year did you applied?

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
lyn_lalyn said:
hi lyn,

iam from the Philippines too but currently working in Singapore. i had not take IELTS because because my agency did not say so. although I paid a lot for their services. do you apply from agency as well? hopefully we can resolve this issues soon. my email is edgaraland @ yahoo.com just in case :)

hi po...so you are filipino too...IELTS is required ....IELTS result will pass in embassy.....how much did ypu pay already and where is ur agency? yap we are applying with the help of global prime here in phil....what year did you applied?
Because I think Pre 2008 policy for english profeciency, IELTS is not a must. As long as you pass them alternatives proof of english profeciency docs. IELTS is one of the option if I'm I not wrong

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
lyn_lalyn said:
hi lyn,

hi, i have not contact from my agency in Paranaque since 2007. they just mentioned to me to wait. although my application was already in the system. I applied last March 2007 and recieved our AOR last May 7, 2007. My agency did not asked to take IELTS immediately, they mentioed to wait. until now Iam still waiting for the results. Hopefully all will go well as we have waited for so long already.

mississaugans

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
To wait for CAIPS NOTES would be a torture because most people could receive bad news or keep false hopes while waiting... I think these two links explain everything...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-qa.asp

To my understanding all those who meet (those who have passed the selection criteria (67 points awarded) will be processed until final decision... this is my humble opinion and those are the approximately 20.000 cases that are safe from this decision...

Good Luck Everyone !!!

annel

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Sout Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2007
AOR Received.
27-12-2007
I'm also one of the unfortunate PRE FEB 2008 applicants, and here is what i got in an email from my attorney today.

The legislation that allows the government to terminate your application has now become law. However, the government has agreed to not destroy files or initiate the refund of processing fees for 90 days. Within the next 90 days (probably in September) we will have our first day in Court. We will be asking the Court to certify our cases as a Class Action. If we are successful at that stage then we would expect another Court date, before the end of this year, at which time we would likely have our opportunity to argue the reasons why we feel the Court should strike down the part of the law that would allow the government to terminate your application and request that the Court order the government to continue processing your application

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hi Annel,

So it seems like there is legal battle now. Hopefully all our cases will win and continue processing till approval. Please let us all pray.

annel said:
I'm also one of the unfortunate PRE FEB 2008 applicants, and here is what i got in an email from my attorney today.

The legislation that allows the government to terminate your application has now become law. However, the government has agreed to not destroy files or initiate the refund of processing fees for 90 days. Within the next 90 days (probably in September) we will have our first day in Court. We will be asking the Court to certify our cases as a Class Action. If we are successful at that stage then we would expect another Court date, before the end of this year, at which time we would likely have our opportunity to argue the reasons why we feel the Court should strike down the part of the law that would allow the government to terminate your application and request that the Court order the government to continue processing your application

mississaugans

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Annel : Could you please share with us about the stage of your application? In Process with Medicals Done, or waiting for Medicals or ...

Thanks in andvance and Good Luck to all....

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.