+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Crossed the 24 months mark a few days ago. Let's see how much longer it will take :rolleyes:
You didn’t have your oath invitation yet? What a heck?..
IRCC makes people wait, wait, and wait…

Even during the ceremony nothing changes. Mine lasted for ~2.5h and most of the time I and other people were just waiting. Transferred from one room to another and then waited again. The oath itself took ~5 min. Some people couldn’t just handle this long wait. Some started to eat, some laid down on a couch, I think I even saw some seniors sleeping…
I just have to finish my passport thing, and the whole IRCC story will be finally over…

Reactions: chs

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020

Even during the ceremony nothing changes. Mine lasted for ~2.5h and most of the time I and other people were just waiting. Transferred from one room to another and then waited again. The oath itself took ~5 min. Some people couldn’t just handle this long wait. Some started to eat, some laid down on a couch, I think I even saw some seniors sleeping…
I just have to finish my passport thing, and the whole IRCC story will be finally over…
Office independent but before the covid you would wait for the officer to validated and ask you a questions before the oath, that's why there is a column for interview. So I don't think this speed has changed a bit, but the waiting until the events, has changed quite a lot for most of the people.

I was at one in person long time ago, maybe my memory is wrong.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Not yet. I ordered my ATIP notes, sent a webform, and a complaint, but they won't budge a bit :confused:

Wow! 2.5 hours? That's too long even for me. What if someone wants to go to the rest room? Do you know in advance how long the wait lasts? You don't want to go to the rest room, and they start the oath ceremony :eek:

Waiting is all we do with IRCC. Good you are over with them (passport is with another department now), and I cannot wait until I am done with them, too. I actually will celebrate being done with them more than getting my citizenship. This is how much they have made my citizenship experience miserable :mad:

Reactions: chs

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
What if someone wants to go to the rest room? Do you know in advance how long the wait lasts?
It’s possible. Very often I saw screens with no people or even black screens. You just have to come back when you hear them talking.
No, hard to predict. You will be instructed at the beginning about the sequence of events, so you can estimate more or less.

Reactions: chs and CaBeaver

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I saw in the fcb group dedicated to mtl applications that a member, after more than 2 years hired a lawyer, for $ 3500 ... According to his testimony, immediately after the legal action ( an mandamus ), he received an invitation on the test + His lawyer tells him that the absence of a counter argument from IRCC means that they are not contesting and that it is a good sign, and that they will respect the court order and deadlines.

The process seems to approach more and more the process in Italy for example ... Where it takes years and years + need to have a lawyer and therefore exorbitant costs to get to the finish line ...

I am going to apply for GCMS next week ... Then I will go and look in my savings and my TFSA to go to court.

Reactions: happysheep

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I saw in the fcb group dedicated to mtl applications that a member, after more than 2 years hired a lawyer, for $ 3500 ... According to his testimony, immediately after the legal action ( an mandamus ), he received an invitation on the test + His lawyer tells him that the absence of a counter argument from IRCC means that they are not contesting and that it is a good sign, and that they will respect the court order and deadlines.

The process seems to approach more and more the process in Italy for example ... Where it takes years and years + need to have a lawyer and therefore exorbitant costs to get to the finish line ...

I am going to apply for GCMS next week ... Then I will go and look in my savings and my TFSA to go to court.
People are just afraid it would take years in the court. IRCC doesn't have a good argument for the excessive delay. It's obvious it's because of internal performance measures they select applications that make them look good, which is not a good reason in the court. What was the timeline that was set by the court for the application? Can you share the link for the story?

Reactions: chs and happysheep

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Dear friends,

any information on if family based applicants applications oath is taking place in Montreal ? Most of the time i hear is single applicants.
I am waiting since June 29th, 2021 for the oath and we are 4 family applicants.

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021

I ordered GCMS request last month and still haven’t got anything yet.
It took 3,500 dollars to get a test ? If a lawyer can speed up the process then it worths the money lol
Until December 5, 2021, I’ll wait for oath invitation for 5 months after DM on July 3, 2021.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I ordered GCMS request last month and still haven’t got anything yet.
It took 3,500 dollars to get a test ? If a lawyer can speed up the process then it worths the money lol
Until December 5, 2021, I’ll wait for oath invitation for 5 months after DM on July 3, 2021.
If it was $3500 only to be invited for the test, I don't think it was worth it (actually it would be a rip off because people get test invites by sending a simple free webform). The delay will continue in the next steps. I thought the judge ordered a timeline on the whole steps of the applications to be finalized within a certain time :oops:

happysheep

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
If it was $3500 only to be invited for the test, I don't think it was worth it (actually it would be a rip off because people get test invites by sending a simple free webform). The delay will continue in the next steps. I thought the judge ordered a timeline on the whole steps of the applications to be finalized :oops:
Yes you’re right. Maybe need another 3,500 to get oath invitation:(

• Haha
Reactions: CaBeaver

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021

Are you able to provide the name of the lawyer, either here or by PM ? I'll be looking to hire one next year too.