+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I admire your optimism. I completed the test April 16th. The tracker updated to reflect this on April 23rd and there has been nothing since.
I was actually trying to be pessimistic in that I was under the impression that not everybody had to go through the interview now but that I was surely going to have to :D

dmda

Mar 2, 2016
Done interview in April (no test, I'm over 55).
Application from June 2019.
Also no oath invite. My online status shows that they're "verifying language skills".

Anyone had any luck with urgent processing application?
I found my interviewer officer on Facebook. Should I give her a nudge?
Should we all go and write to our MPs?
This situation is ridiculous, how can this one regional office be allowed to behave this way?
Could it be that Quebec doesn't want non-Quebecois voters?

Reactions: luvtrump

Grand Jumper

Star Member
Mar 7, 2021
Also no oath invite. My online status shows that they're "verifying language skills".

This situation is ridiculous, how can this one regional office be allowed to behave this way?
It's really weird, I also had the interview, and the next day all the checks were marked as complete.

dmda

Mar 2, 2016
It's really weird, I also had the interview, and the next day all the checks were marked as complete.
Did you get an Oath invite though?

BTW, my status also shows that they're still waiting for a document from me. I've contacted them twice through online form and by phone. Each time they gave me the same response - that my status is actually fine in their system, it's just old status reflected in online status checker.

trv_237

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
Hi,
we are montreal applicants. Our status in tracker has been updated for citizenship test. We submitted application in Nov 2020

Reactions: michel_hammamet

canadavisa19

Dec 12, 2019

Yes, the more we will write more pressure they will put to the immigration officers. From some post I found they are working from home but doing gardening, playing with kids, relaxing and here applicants are mentally frustrated.

E10452

Jan 6, 2017
-Montreal office , Single application , non urgent .
-Application submitted July 2020.
-AOR November 2020.
-In process January 2021.
-Background check completed March 2021.
-Test invite June 8 .
-Test completed & updated on the tracker to ‘complete ‘ on June 18 .
-Language , physical presence , prohibitions in process.
-Ceremony not started .
Hopefully won’t be waiting too long for the oath; like I really don’t understand what’s happening. Vaccines are here ; we are moving to green zone as of next week , festivals are permitted outside up to 3500 persons , home gatherings too ; restaurants, pubs, malls and cafes are all OPEN !
What is taking that long to process the backlog ??? Like seriously why ??????

Grand Jumper

Star Member
Mar 7, 2021
Did you get an Oath invite though?

BTW, my status also shows that they're still waiting for a document from me. I've contacted them twice through online form and by phone. Each time they gave me the same response - that my status is actually fine in their system, it's just old status reflected in online status checker.
No, I had the interview May 27, still waiting for the invitation to the ceremony.

Reactions: dmda

Ramp111315

Nov 6, 2020
Hi I applied from Brossard and got update for Citizenship Test(I guess it is coming from Montreal Office)

Hi, Please find my details below.

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants) : Family(2)
Physical Presence Days: 1490
App Sent: Dec 14,2020
App Delivered: Dec 24, 2020
AOR: From ECAS : Mar 01, 2021
In-Progress: From ECAS : April 21, 2021
Citizenship Scheduled: July 02, 2021 to July 22, 2021

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi I applied from Brossard and got update for Citizenship Test(I guess it is coming from Montreal Office)

Hi, Please find my details below.

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants) : Family(2)
Physical Presence Days: 1490
App Sent: Dec 14,2020
App Delivered: Dec 24, 2020
AOR: From ECAS : Mar 01, 2021
In-Progress: From ECAS : April 21, 2021
Citizenship Scheduled: July 02, 2021 to July 22, 2021
Added you to the spreadsheet!

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Dear Montrealers, Could you please tell me how many weeks/months it took to get the invitation for Vote post status in ECAS shows Decision made.... Thanks

dmda

Mar 2, 2016
What happens if you use the online form to change your address to another province? Does your case get transferred to another center? If ceremony was in person, you'd have to attend the one that's close to where you live, right? If so, I wonder if it gets pushed to the back of the queue.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
August 2019 Montreal applicant here . I had my test done in Jan 2020 . Everything completed other than physical presence and prohib . No idea what is going on in Montreal. Last time they touched my file was April 2 2021 and transferred for clearances again. Now it is just sitting in registry. I think Montreal is the worse office right now. If you have a chance change your address. Im planning to move mine to Ottawa.

canadavisa19

Dec 12, 2019
What happens if you use the online form to change your address to another province? Does your case get transferred to another center? If ceremony was in person, you'd have to attend the one that's close to where you live, right? If so, I wonder if it gets pushed to the back of the queue.
Can we really change the address and will it transfer the office also, which may make the process faster. ??

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Can we really change the address and will it transfer the office also, which may make the process faster. ??
There is no guarantee that it will process faster but you can hope it goes to an officer who doesnt want to delay deliberately. Also if you're in ontario dont change , if you're in Quebec then better change.

Reactions: dmda