+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone email NYC office? (or use "case-specific" email enquiry form on website?)

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
So I phoned the CIC hotline to ask if there was anything I could do to ensure my "medicals" had been forwarded from Ottawa to NYC, and the hotline operator gave me the direct contact info for NYC office, and told me I should ask them directly.

As directed, I used the "case-specific" email function on the NY office website . . . and the email was returned to me as "undeliverable." (Several times.)

anyone had any trouble emailing NYC, or using the "Case-specific" online email-er thing?

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Re: anyone email NYC office? (or use "case-specific" email enquiry form on websi

bonacker said:
So I phoned the CIC hotline to ask if there was anything I could do to ensure my "medicals" had been forwarded from Ottawa to NYC, and the hotline operator gave me the direct contact info for NYC office, and told me I should ask them directly.

As directed, I used the "case-specific" email function on the NY office website . . . and the email was returned to me as "undeliverable." (Several times.)

anyone had any trouble emailing NYC, or using the "Case-specific" online email-er thing?
We didn't use the case-specific function, but did email multiple times. Most came back undeliverable. Some came back with a standard acknowledgement of receipt. Only one email was ever answered, and not based on the actual question.

Good luck!

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
bonacker!

if you want to know if NYC has received your medicals... it's a better idea to fax ottawa. i faxed them and within a day, they sent a fax back saying that they went ahead and forwarded the medicals to NYC. there are two fax numbers: 613 954 6211 or 613-954-8653. i'm not quite sure which one worked, i just sent the same fax to both of them. if you are unsure of what to include in the fax just send me a private message with your email address, and i can email you the letter that i faxed.

the only time i ever received an email back from NYC was when they told me that my husband's ppr was in the post. i've sent them other emails and have heard nothing back.

ngunja

Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
18-02-2010
File Transfer...
23-03-2010
Passport Req..
15-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2010
LANDED..........
16-05-2010
Bonacker,
I would wait for one more week...its possible your PPR request is in the mail...mine was sent out on April 15 and since you are in Canada, it might take a week to get there.

NG

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
thanks, NG -- and all!

it's true that if they mail me anything, it takes 10 days or so, usually, to reach here from NYC. so my fingers are crossed.

cheers!