+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applying to University of Victoria(Fall 2016)

Moneer

Apr 15, 2016
haris00 said:
University of Victoria:-
Program: MSc Computer Science (Industrial)
Undergrad: BS Computer Engineering
CGPA: 3.34/4 (81%)
GRE: 307
IELTS: 7.5
JOB: 1 year Exp
Your profile is not far from mine, did you contact professor before apply and what about funding, are you self funding? you need fund from professor?

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
Moneer said:
Your profile is not far from mine, did you contact professor before apply and what about funding, are you self funding? you need fund from professor?
No I did not contacted professor. I thought that there is no need for a professor in industrial program. I was planning to fund my self

Moneer

Apr 15, 2016
haris00 said:
No I did not contacted professor. I thought that there is no need for a professor in industrial program. I was planning to fund my self
I am planning to do industrial too but I applied as MASC because I got acceptance from professor so my chance would so high, I suggest to contact professors now, tell them that you do not need financial support, also send your c.v and transcripts if one accepts you then give him your application number, then the will send you an offer, later you can change to industrial.
Good luck

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
Moneer said:
I am planning to do industrial too but I applied as MASC because I got acceptance from professor so my chance would so high, I suggest to contact professors now, tell them that you do not need financial support, also send your c.v and transcripts if one accepts you then give him your application number, then the will send you an offer, later you can change to industrial.
Good luck
Thanks Moneer :)

eladua

Feb 29, 2016
haris00 said:
University of Victoria:-
Program: MSc Computer Science (Industrial)
Undergrad: BS Computer Engineering
CGPA: 3.34/4 (81%)
GRE: 307
IELTS: 7.5
JOB: 1 year Exp
But this is a good profile, what exactly do they want?

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
eladua said:
But this is a good profile, what exactly do they want?
Yes, right eladua. I was very certain that I would be getting admission with this profile in Industrial Program at least because I have seen people with lower profile getting admitted in the previous as well as this term.

I am not sure as to why they refused.

Anyway, looking forward to other universities I applied :)

Moneer

Apr 15, 2016
yog2104 said:
What does suspended mean? Closed for the term? Did you get any official word on that?
I got an email from electrical engineering department, they said that Meng is suspend for now.

eladua

Feb 29, 2016
Moneer said:
I got an email from electrical engineering department, they said that Meng is suspend for now.
Pls, which course in Meng, because I applied for MTIS and I am yet to get a reply till now.

Moneer

Apr 15, 2016
eladua said:
Pls, which course in Meng, because I applied for MTIS and I am yet to get a reply till now.
I do not understand what do you mean by which course in Meng, before I applied I sent email to electrical engineering department asking them for the program they offer and some details, they answered by Meng is suspended for this time but MSc and MTIS are open so I applied for MSc, they did not take long to got my admission hopefully I answered your question.

eladua

Feb 29, 2016
Moneer said:
I do not understand what do you mean by which course in Meng, before I applied I sent email to electrical engineering department asking them for the program they offer and some details, they answered by Meng is suspended for this time but MSc and MTIS are open so I applied for MSc, they did not take long to got my admission hopefully I answered your question.
Yes, thank you. You answered my question. I think something might be causing the delay in my application because it's over 5 months I applied now.

How long did it take for you to get the admission.

Moneer

Apr 15, 2016
eladua said:
Yes, thank you. You answered my question. I think something might be causing the delay in my application because it's over 5 months I applied now.

How long did it take for you to get the admission.
I applied 20th of March, I got the admission in April.