+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applying (or have applied) @ the Canada Embassy in London

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I should be applying by next week (still awaiting some vital documents) at the Canada Embassy in London.

Anyone has any experience to share on applying in

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Anyone applying (or have applied) @ the Canada Embassy in London

I am planning to apply probably at the end of july at CHC london office for fall 2011 programme.
Currently i am waiting for my acceptance letter.

Inwhich uni have u applied, and what is your status here?

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I got admitted for the Masters in EBusiness program at University of Ottawa for fall 2011. I am in UK as dependent of a PSW (have been here since 2008).

I hear it takes 8 to 10 weeks at the Canada Embassy in London, is it true?

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

The study permit cases are usually processed in b/w 6 to 8 weeks.
If u are under PSW category then keep it in mind that you have to show your current activites and any progress to the VO.

By the way do you have any information does the CHC office call the candidate for interview?

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yeah I saw 6 to 8 weeks on the Canada Embassy London's website but on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website it says 5 weeks.

I am dependent of someone on PSW Category, hence I doubt if I would need to show current activities to the PO, besides the website request for a CV or anyone above 20yrs so that settles that.

I don't know if the CHC office does interviews? Anybody? Any ideas?

sadiqmaknojia

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
United Kingdom
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29/03/23
Med's Done....
04/05/23

hay did u guys did the IELTS for the admission or for the visa????? let me know plz as i m planning to apply form london for uoottawa.....

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sadiqmaknojia said:
hay did u guys did the IELTS for the admission or for the visa????? let me know plz as i m planning to apply form london for uoottawa.....
If you have the cert/dip from any UK uni/college then there is no need to submit IELTS, as all canadian schools exempt the english language proficiency.

Regards

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

@ dadakoko

For interview, it depends on the visa officer which candidate to/ not interview.

Many of the applications are solved without interview, a bit doubt about that

dadakoko

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Do you think I should add my spouse's bank account? Does she need to have money in the account.

I am applying for Student permit and my spouse for Open Work Permit. We already have 2 sponsors with their bank details. I would be adding my bank statement as well to theirs.

Thanks

MrBhatti

Apr 6, 2011

Hi dear do u have sop or cover latter sample if unhave can send me plz I will be v thankful to u
Plz send at asif_m23@hotmail.com

MrBhatti

Apr 6, 2011

Hi seniors can anyone explain me plz applying visa under PSW category . what does it mean of PSW category and does it work? How to apply n what the benefits apply under this category.
Looking forward to hear all suggestions from anyone.
Thanks

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

dadakoko said:
Do you think I should add my spouse's bank account? Does she need to have money in the account.

I am applying for Student permit and my spouse for Open Work Permit. We already have 2 sponsors with their bank details. I would be adding my bank statement as well to theirs.

Thanks
If you have your bank account in your own name then it is fair enough to show the whole money/funds. But, on the other side, your spouse has his/her account then nothing gonna go wrong mate.

You can attach your own statement as well as your spouse with your application.

Best wishes

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

@ Mr Bhatti

Under which category you are applying then that point will be discussed.

IF it is the PSW track, it is a very long process, all you answers are mentioned in the the website;

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/immigrate-immigrer.aspx

Regards

rizkhokhar

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

One of my friend applied in Canadian embassy in London for student visa of Canada. He got rejected and received his decision within 4 weeks. Unfortunately he didnt attached SOP which resulted in rejection. VO showed her refusal points based on the doubts which should be discussed in the SOP. Anyway, he didnt applied again because his visa was near to expire. One thing more, there is no appeal rights in Canadian embassy in London, only to submit new application with new fee justifying your previous attempt.

It doesnt matter on which status you are in UK, it must be legal and you should be able to demonstrate your progress in UK depending on your visa categories. For example, if you are on PSW then your previous education and working, If you are student then previous education only.

I am also on PSW in UK and sent my documents to Uni of Regina, Canada. Still waiting for admission which might take 2-3 months.

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

@ riz

It means that the candidate was not interviewed.
Do you have any information regarding any international student (pk) study permit application successful here?

UOR takes 10 - 12 weeks for processing of the admission application