+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone apply for TRV Visitor Visa from UK Feb/Mar 2023 time and have received their decision??

aktsch79

Jun 26, 2023
Hi, just wondering if anyone who applied for TRV from the UK in February/March 2023 time has received a decision on their application?
Our timeline: Submitted - 23/02/2023
Biometrics - 03/03/2023
Biometrics completed - 08/03/2023
Background check - In Progress
Eligibility - Not started

The status tracker says it was last updated 19/04/2023

aktsch79

Jun 26, 2023
We had what we can only assume a ghost visit to our application on 21st August according to the tracker but no change to any of it. I leave the UK next Friday (8th Sept) but unfortunately my husband will no longer be able to travel with us as this application has not progressed at all.

Faroosan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hope your husband gets it soon.
I'm in Canada and waiting desperately for my partner's visa who is in the UK

aktsch79

Jun 26, 2023
Hope your husband gets it soon.
I'm in Canada and waiting desperately for my partner's visa who is in the UK
Unfortunately, for us, he is no longer going to be able to travel due to no visa.
What makes us angry is when we applied we were well within the time frames, then the strike happened meaning lots of delays in processing time of applications and sending the estimated processing times up to over a year, but now they have come back down to 142 days yet they still haven't managed to get through applications made in February.
We were advised that we needed to purchase our flights and make accommodation reservations before submitting the application so that we could prove that we would leave Canada at the end of our visit but now we have lost all of his side of the trip and insurance won't cover it as their terms state that it is down to us to secure any visas - even though we did everything right and him not being able to now travel was completely out of our control.
Fingers crossed that your partners visa through soon.