+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied Visitor/Tourist from New Zealand to Canada?

samsaini

Dec 23, 2012
Hello everyone. I would like to ask if anyone can help me. I am Indian citizen living in new zealand since 8 years. I applied visitor visa for canada like 4 years ago and it was refused with two reasons.

1. Reason to visit- i showed that i am going to attend friends convocation but convocation date was passed before my application decision get finalised. May be that could be first reason.

2. Immigration status in NZ - i was on work visa that time and was working on entry level basic job in nz. That could be the failure to show my ties with NZ.

Anyways Now i am permanent resident in nz and holding a better job in company as compared to last time. So is it possible to get visa just to explore the country for 3 to 4 weeks. What should i do to make better chances this time? I can show enough funds for my stay and travel expenses. Honestly i do not want to include any sponsorship or invitation from someone living on Canada. I haven't travelled to any country in past 8 years except my home country India. However I can make a short trip to Australia anytime before applying for Canadian tourist visa if it's going to increase my chances to get visa approved.

Any suggestions or experiences are most welcome to share, Please

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Visitor/Tourist from New Zealand to Canada

1. Invitation letter form relative or friend is required other wise hotel bookings required for tourism purpose
2. must give your travel plan, where you will go and how time will be spent with specific dates and bookings
4. immovable and movable property proof (this is proof of finance as well link outside Canada)
5. employment letter stating salary and job title also leave letter that you will get leave on tentative dates you mentioned for travel
6. write covering letter giving your story and mention indirectly that your blood relatives are in India (and not in Canada) to prove strong ties to home country and outside Canada.
7. If possible first get visa of USA and plan your visit to both countries this way it will be good tourism plan, when you are travelling so far for tourism purpose then why just Canada, why not its neighbor with so many attractions.
8. good luck

samsaini

Dec 23, 2012
Re: Visitor/Tourist from New Zealand to Canada

Thanks nehamerchant for providing huge pack of knowledge. Hotel bookings, travel plans, letter of job., all these things can be provided easily. However I do not own any business or residential property in NZ. I have strong ties with india due to my parents living in india. On my own, my ties are much stronger with NZ rather than india specially after living here for nearly a decade. I thought being a permanent resident of countries like NZ or Australia could prove much clearly that i will definitely come back to NZ.

Your advice makes clear sense of visiting US Canada at same time but the problem is timing. I have to apply US first and if luckily i get visa for US around 3 months or something then within those 3 months I have to get
Canadian visa too. And I believe paperwork would be almost double to apply two visas at same time which is kinda annoying. I know canada is too strict for visas. Anyways thanks for your help. I may look for a local advisor in my country NZ who can help me out to sort out this thing.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
samsaini said:
Hello everyone. I would like to ask if anyone can help me. I am Indian citizen living in new zealand since 8 years. I applied visitor visa for canada like 4 years ago and it was refused with two reasons.

1. Reason to visit- i showed that i am going to attend friends convocation but convocation date was passed before my application decision get finalised. May be that could be first reason.

2. Immigration status in NZ - i was on work visa that time and was working on entry level basic job in nz. That could be the failure to show my ties with NZ.

Anyways Now i am permanent resident in nz and holding a better job in company as compared to last time. So is it possible to get visa just to explore the country for 3 to 4 weeks. What should i do to make better chances this time? I can show enough funds for my stay and travel expenses. Honestly i do not want to include any sponsorship or invitation from someone living on Canada. I haven't travelled to any country in past 8 years except my home country India. However I can make a short trip to Australia anytime before applying for Canadian tourist visa if it's going to increase my chances to get visa approved.

Any suggestions or experiences are most welcome to share, Please
Hi,

It is NOT necessary for you to apply for a US visa before/after you apply for a Canada TRV. At least not in your case. There's plenty to see/do in Canada without adding the US to your travel itinerary. Also, having a US B1/B2 does not improve the chances of getting a TRV.

You must prove your strong ties to NZ. For this:
1. Employment: Employment letter + 6 months salary slips + leave approval letter stating you will have your job when you return + ITRs + 6 months bank statements + specify a must-return-by-date for some specific work commitment

2. Do you rent a place in NZ? If yes, then include a copy of the rent agreement + 2-3 months bank transfers/direct debits for paying the rent

3. Prepare a table: My Travel History: Give visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of visit.... for each country visited in the last 10 years (chronological order). It would help if you've visited the US/UK/Schengen countries

4. Do you have family who live in NZ with you? Will they accompany you?

5. Are your parents financially dependent on you? If yes, you could include 2-3 proofs for remitting funds to them

6. If you do not include an invitation letter then you must prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary with detailed expense estimates (hotels/ sightseeing/ meals/ local travel, etc).... and prove that you can pay for this itinerary + airfare

7. Do not book plane tickets or hotel stays until a TRV is issued to you

8. Include copies of financial assets: Bank term deposits, pension funds, shares/mutual funds, etc.... and state which of these can be liquidated if required (to support your visit)

9. You may want to include a copy of your overseas travel medical insurance policy (not mandatory though) for the intended dates of your visit

10. Include credit card statements for the last 2-3 months (if the dues are low). This will show a good financial situation

11. Do ensure that none of the money in your bank account is borrowed + no last-minute deposits

12. Include evidence of your NZ immigration status + healthcare, etc

samsaini

Dec 23, 2012
Thanks alot Bryanna for providing such a useful information. I will follow up with checklist however I haven't met any person from NZ who have applied with similar circumstances. I am bit more concerned due to my last rejection for TRV which happened few years back. I have waited to come with stronger ties to show with my country of residence. Hoping for better results. I will apply in few months time and this time I am not going to ask anyone for sponsors letter and have enough ability to pay my expenses over 3 weeks periods of travel.

Dipppp

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks alot Bryanna for providing such a useful information. I will follow up with checklist however I haven't met any person from NZ who have applied with similar circumstances. I am bit more concerned due to my last rejection for TRV which happened few years back. I have waited to come with stronger ties to show with my country of residence. Hoping for better results. I will apply in few months time and this time I am not going to ask anyone for sponsors letter and have enough ability to pay my expenses over 3 weeks periods of travel.
hello there
samsaini
just chking did u apply visa as I am in same situation like you?