+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

msmuffet

Mar 8, 2018
Thanks sa reply. Did you mention sa Statement of Purpose mo na iiwan mo un mga anak mo sa Pilipinas (implied na sila ang strong ties mo?) nung nag apply kayo ni Husband mo?

We are planning to purchase a house and lot sa Pinas under my name, do you think this will be enough so we can travel/apply together as a family?
No..actually hindi ko openly cnabi na maiiwan ang mga bata sa Pilipinas nung gumawa ako ng SOP..i just mentioned briefly that I need my husband’s presence sa canada to combat homesickness for our kids..and d rest i talk about how the course would help me..

And so when the visa was issued I was able to defend why i need their presence as well kasi hindi ko totally cnabi na iiwan ko cla sa Pinas while I am taking up my course..

Parang i avoided the issue of my children subtly..no need to emphasize kasi makikita naman nila yan sa family information mo na hindi cla kasama during your application..

Reactions: yasemin09

msmuffet

Mar 8, 2018
Thanks sa reply.

Medyo complicated kasi situation ko, iba nationality ng mag-ama ko.. home country nila ay Sudan..

We are planning to go to Philippines (mag-ama ko will be as visitor sa Pinas) then dun ako mag apply as SDS stream (Student Direct Stream).. will comply all the requirements such as 1 year tuition fee payment and GIC for our living expenses, upfront medical and IELTS..

Not sure if this will be an advantage to go for SDS.. what do you think?
Youl’ll find urself in d disadvantage...your husband’s open work permit appln might be in jeopardy due to his visa status in Philippines..pero try mo lng dn..explain in your SOP the importance of d course for your future plans and how you and the family could live off in canada even if ur husband cannot find a job..

For ur case to be more favorable, the best course is for u to apply first and secure your visa..after u have ur visa then apply for ur husband and kid..

Actually u can still go together pa rn naman if u’ll do the safest route..just apply for ur visa 3 or 4 months ahead so that when ur own visa has been approved you can immediately apply for theirs..that is what I did..I applied dor the kids visa while waiting for our flyt, so now that their visa was approved we will travel alltogether..

Last edited:

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
siguro if you will purchase a house dito sa pinas and you will mention sa sop mo na maiiwan mag ama mo dito. then after ma approve ka po saka mag apply mag ama mo.
Since Sudanese nationals sila pareho, they cannot stay longer sa Pinas..

My second option is to apply online while staying in Kazakhstan.. Chemistry teacher Husband ko and he’s earning a good salary.. sya ang mag sponsor sa study ko..

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
No..actually hindi ko openly cnabi na maiiwan ang mga bata sa Pilipinas nung gumawa ako ng SOP..i just mentioned briefly that I need my husband’s presence sa canada to combat homesickness for our kids..and d rest i talk about how the course would help me..

And so when the visa was issued I was able to defend why i need their presence as well kasi hindi ko totally cnabi na iiwan ko cla sa Pinas while I am taking up my course..

Parang i avoided the issue of my children subtly..no need to emphasize kasi makikita naman nila yan sa family information mo na hindi cla kasama during your application..
Thanks for the advice..

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Youl’ll find urself in d disadvantage...your husband’s open work permit appln might be in jeopardy due to his visa status in Philippines..pero try mo lng dn..explain in your SOP the importance of d course for your future plans and how you and the family could live off in canada even if ur husband cannot find a job..

For ur case to be more favorable, the best course is for u to apply first and secure your visa..after u have ur visa then apply for ur husband and kid..

Actually u can still go together pa rn naman if u’ll do the safest route..just apply for ur visa 3 or 4 months ahead so that when ur own visa has been approved you can immediately apply for theirs..that is what I did..I applied dor the kids visa while waiting for our flyt, so now that their visa was approved we will travel alltogether..
Thanks for your advice.. i will discuss this matter with my husband and will see..

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Thank you Lord sobra!

Guys keep you hopes high, kayo na po ang next!

Non-SDS
Paper-based
Me (Principal Applicant)
Wife (Open Work Permit)
Daughter (Student Permit)
Application Received: June 26, 2018
Linked to Online Acct: July 24, 2018
Final Decision: August 1, 2018 Your application was approved.
Congratulations..

May I ask what are the documents you submitted to obtain SOWP for your wife and you managed to get visa approval for everyone.. Galing..

jjptrp

May 1, 2014
anong program inaplyan mo boss, and ano previous educ/work experience mo?
Physical Therapist ako ex-ofw/may background dn ako work sa spa mga one year. Massage therapist yung program ko sa Centennial College. Mismatch ba ung course ko or parang downgrade xa sa profession ko?

ace51

Jun 1, 2018
I have a question regarding SDS (Student Direct Stream), dapat ba lahat ng section sa IELTS ang score ay 7.. ang overall band score ko kasi ay 7 pero meron ako 5.5 sa Writing..

Thanks
hi depende sa school na aaplayan mo, i have same case i have 6.0 over all pero may 5.0 ako sa writting, the school required not below 5.5 pero sabi nila i can get the english test when i arrived there... my visa was approved after 32 days since i applied...

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
hi depende sa school na aaplayan mo, i have same case i have 6.0 over all pero may 5.0 ako sa writting, the school required not below 5.5 pero sabi nila i can get the english test when i arrived there... my visa was approved after 32 days since i applied...
You’re right, depende sa school.. pero to be eligible for SDS (Student Direct Stream) overall score band should be 6 and with no score lower than 6 in all sections..

Maybe i will go through Regular stream anyways, I’m not residing in the Philippines, we are in Kazakhstan.. need kasi to be eligible for that stream ay resident ng Philippines

ace51

Jun 1, 2018
You’re right, depende sa school.. pero to be eligible for SDS (Student Direct Stream) overall score band should be 6 and with no score lower than 6 in all sections..

Maybe i will go through Regular stream anyways, I’m not residing in the Philippines, we are in Kazakhstan.. need kasi to be eligible for that stream ay resident ng Philippines
ah ok, i applied paper based kc. they said said i just only upgrade my ielts i think only in writting... anyway ill just give updates here nlang once i get what they mean... Good luck!

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hi..

may 24 kmi nag submit..exactly 5 weeks talaga na day nag email ang cic kasama na ung sa husband ko na work permit at sa anak k na trv..
Congratulations..

May i ask ano ang Documents na sinend nyo to prove strong ties sa Pinas?

Buong Family nyo kasi ang aalis which is un din ang plano namin, only the difference ay foreigner husband ko.

Appreciate your reply. Thanks

Yoonjin

Aug 3, 2018
Manitoba
Hello po! I will apply Spouse Open Work Permit with my husband's approved study permit. How much should we show as proof of funds? Is't same as $10,000+paid tuition+$4,000 (spouse)? Thank you!