+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

ace51

Jun 1, 2018
Hi guys;
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
my studdent visa was approved as i checked today in my GC account ( 1:32 pm, thursday)
my profile
female-32 year old ( 33 on october)
finished college last march 2018- BS admin in management
jobs- part time real estate agents ( no permanent job)
sponsor for study- common law partner.

i applied study visa together with my 6 year old son.

here is my timetime:
june 29, 2018 i submitted my documents in vfs makati ( first attempt was june 27, kc may kulang documents ko the vfs refused to accept it, i used agent but because of refusssal, i decided to do it on my own way )
june 10, 2018- recieved email for medical exam
june 16- done medical at IOM
june 22- medical passed
july 1- start review of my eligibility
july 2, 1;32 pm - visa approved

neshen19

Aug 1, 2018
if you done your medical exam and the result was passed ... the update supposed " you passed the medical exam" ( it will expired 30 days after the request)
based sa post nyo po wlang update ung medical nyo... are you sure the clinic passed it?
this might be one of the reason of refussal...
apply again as soon as you comply those what they ask.. let's be positive!
actually, tumawag ako kanina sa nationwide health system.. this week padaw nila epapasa yung result sa embassy.

ace51

Jun 1, 2018
actually, tumawag ako kanina sa nationwide health system.. this week padaw nila epapasa yung result sa embassy.
i see.. pero kunin mo pa din result ng medical mo, bka magamit pa un sa nxt apply mo, i stated mo na rin doon sa letter mo about sa nangyari..

yojasenehr

Jan 3, 2018
Hello question po. Ngreapply ako paperbased, trying to link it online pero nakalagay, this application is already linked to this account, kasi same information naman un prev application and reapplicaition ko, nakikita nia un luma padin. Paano po kaya to? Thanks po

qaplaza

Jul 14, 2018
Hello everyone!

Has anyone here received an approval letter from IRCC which has no applicant’s details written on it (name, UIC #)? It just looks like a photo copy.

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
hello pips..mag iiwan lng po ako ng word of encouragement dun sa mga family na i-aapply ung kanilang mga anak after ng SV and OWP approval..as mentioned in my previous posts, I am an OFW as well as my husband. We did online application for my Student Visa and his Open Work Permit and was able to receive the approval then. After receiving our approval, I did the Visa application for our children ages 11, 6 and 4..For 6 and 11 I applied Student Visa and for the 4 yrs old I applied Visit Visa..Today we receive the PPR and will be submitting the passports upon our return to Philippines ( we are currently still in KSA processing for our children's exit visa )..anyway, here are some thoughts and guidelines on how I did their Visa application..

For Student Visa : I did the "Eligibility Test " in behalf of my eldest daughter (11 yrs old ). When asked about LOA, I answered YES..and on the question if another family member will be applying together with her application I answered YES also ( thus added my 2nd daughters application and our youngest Visit Visa application ) thus I was able to apply the 3 of them in one application..

IMM1294e - when asked about the school I put "To be determined (daughter of incoming international student) "
IMM5645e - PA is my eldest daughter..answered YES on accompanying parent and YES to brothers and sisters
IMM5257e - when asked about my youngest Visit Details, Purpose is OTHERS ( reason: To be/Stay with my Parents ) and the duration is the same with my Study Permit. The Person to Visit is me and my husband and the address I indicated is the address of our friend living in Canada. I likewise asked this friend to provide a Letter of Support for accommodation and submitted a copy of her lease agreement and proof of our relationship.

When you will be asked for LOA, just provide a Letter of Explanation and indicate this " This request is in reference to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html in which minor children of an international student does not require a Letter of Acceptance. " I then added a copy of my LOA, SV, OWP and both our Letter of Introduction ( the letter you received in your CIC account upon approval of the visa )

And make sure to submit a Letter of Intent ( Visa Request Letter ) in behalf of your children. Write that their presence in Canada will help you achieve your goals and that this experience will also benefit the children for they will be learning new things while in there. And do not forget to include that after your study you'll return to your country of residence.

For supporting docs naman, in addition to the LOA and Visa copies ng parents and Property records, the usual lng, their Birth Certificate, Travel Records ( all stamped Visa if meron ), school records for Student Visa appln ( last 3 ) and copy of their Resident ID ( for those OFW na same sa amin.. translated if hindi english )

POF : for this application, nasa CAD 55,000 ang inilagay ko with supporting Bank Certs and Statements ( please note that in 3 Bank Certs and isinubmit ko, only 1 ang may statement, the other one is Passbook record lng and the other 1 is wala kasi newly opened xa, wala pang 1 mth..heheh ) and then the receipt for the first semester tuition fee na ibinayad ko before..

Hope this helps...:)
Good morning, newbie here.. I backread most of the messages here in this thread..

I would like to ask regarding the documents na sinubmit mo to prove strong ties sa home country natin.

In my case, I’m a Filipina married to a Sudanese with 10 months old daughter also holding Sudanese Passport.. we plan to submit student visa application for myself (I am the primary applicant), spouse open work permit for my Sudanese husband and TRV for my daughter.. however we do not have a property in the Philippines and Sudan to show a strong tie to our country.. also we plan to go there together and i do not want to leave them..

We are presently living in Kazakhstan, my husband is employed here and I am on a dependent visa with our daughter. We will use my husband bank account as proof of fund. I would like to get your comments if you think our application as a family will be approve provided that we have enough Proof of Fund but no assets/properties in our home country.

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hi to All,

I start to be a member last year June 20, 2017.
For some personal reason, I did not push my plan to apply study permit sa CA in year 2017.
I am an OFW from Jeddah, KSA. I change my mind, I instead plan to put a small store sa PInas.
But then again I change my mind sometime March 2018. I decided to pursue my Canadian Dream.

March /2018. Look for Schools
Schools that I applied : Sheridan & Fanshawe.
12/Apr/2018 - LOA Fanshawe
Submitted SP Application : 01/Jun/2018 (Regular Stream Online)
Residence & Country Applying from : Philippines
27/June/2018 : Reviewing whether you meet eligibility
12/July/2018 : Conditional Offer from Sheridan College, Missasagua, ONT (To late for my SP application)
24/July/2018 : Final Decision - Your Application was approved. You need to send your valid passport to finalize application.
I received letter from CIC that i must submit my passport within 30 days.
I am still Saudi Arabia.
26/July/2018 : Passport Submitted to VFS Jeddah

Thank you Lord. To God be the Glory!

Question : Is it ok to submit my passport to VFS Jeddah, KSA? or must be in VFS Makati or CA Embassy Philippines since I have answered in the application form that my residence is Philippines & the country that I am applying from is also Philippines.

Appreciate very much mga ka members that can shed light to my question. :)
Congratulations, approved ang visa mo.

May i ask if ano ang Documents na sinend mo to prove strong ties sa home country natin? Thanks

msmuffet

Mar 8, 2018
Good morning, newbie here.. I backread most of the messages here in this thread..

I would like to ask regarding the documents na sinubmit mo to prove strong ties sa home country natin.

In my case, I’m a Filipina married to a Sudanese with 10 months old daughter also holding Sudanese Passport.. we plan to submit student visa application for myself (I am the primary applicant), spouse open work permit for my Sudanese husband and TRV for my daughter.. however we do not have a property in the Philippines and Sudan to show a strong tie to our country.. also we plan to go there together and i do not want to leave them..

We are presently living in Kazakhstan, my husband is employed here and I am on a dependent visa with our daughter. We will use my husband bank account as proof of fund. I would like to get your comments if you think our application as a family will be approve provided that we have enough Proof of Fund but no assets/properties in our home country.
Hi...mahirap ung case mo pero hindi naman imposible..konting sacrifice lng cguro..

Apply for your student visa first and your home ties will be ur husband and daughter..

Ganyan ginawa ko..apply muna kami ni hubby ( diff. case kasi working ako so i was able to get a study leave from the company kaya naisama ko c hubby sa appln ).. our children is hindi kasama sa appln namin..after maresiv ang visa namin ni hubby, inapply ko ung sa mga bata..

Allot time for any possibilities of rejection para ma work out mo ung reapplication..

jjptrp

May 1, 2014
Hi guys i need all your advice. Got my visa refusal today at ang na tick dun is

Purpose of visit
Other reasons- academic programs

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks sa reply. Did you mention sa Statement of Purpose mo na iiwan mo un mga anak mo sa Pilipinas (implied na sila ang strong ties mo?)

We ate planning to purpose a house and lot sa Pinas under my name, do you think this will be enough so we can travel/apply together as a family?
ako po may property dito sa pinas. pero ang balak namin ako muna mag apply ng sp. if ma approve ako, saka ko pag aplayin mag ina ko. para makasigurado lang sa home ties.

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hi...mahirap ung case mo pero hindi naman imposible..konting sacrifice lng cguro..

Apply for your student visa first and your home ties will be ur husband and daughter..

Ganyan ginawa ko..apply muna kami ni hubby ( diff. case kasi working ako so i was able to get a study leave from the company kaya naisama ko c hubby sa appln ).. our children is hindi kasama sa appln namin..after maresiv ang visa namin ni hubby, inapply ko ung sa mga bata..

Allot time for any possibilities of rejection para ma work out mo ung reapplication..
Thanks sa reply. Did you mention sa Statement of Purpose mo na iiwan mo un mga anak mo sa Pilipinas (implied na sila ang strong ties mo?) nung nag apply kayo ni Husband mo?

We are planning to purchase a house and lot sa Pinas under my name, do you think this will be enough so we can travel/apply together as a family?

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
ako po may property dito sa pinas. pero ang balak namin ako muna mag apply ng sp. if ma approve ako, saka ko pag aplayin mag ina ko. para makasigurado lang sa home ties.
Thanks sa reply.

Medyo complicated kasi situation ko, iba nationality ng mag-ama ko.. home country nila ay Sudan..

We are planning to go to Philippines (mag-ama ko will be as visitor sa Pinas) then dun ako mag apply as SDS stream (Student Direct Stream).. will comply all the requirements such as 1 year tuition fee payment and GIC for our living expenses, upfront medical and IELTS..

Not sure if this will be an advantage to go for SDS.. what do you think?

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I have a question regarding SDS (Student Direct Stream), dapat ba lahat ng section sa IELTS ang score ay 7.. ang overall band score ko kasi ay 7 pero meron ako 5.5 sa Writing..

Thanks

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thanks sa reply.

Medyo complicated kasi situation ko, iba nationality ng mag-ama ko.. home country nila ay Sudan..

We are planning to go to Philippines (mag-ama ko will be as visitor sa Pinas) then dun ako mag apply as SDS stream (Student Direct Stream).. will comply all the requirements such as 1 year tuition fee payment and GIC for our living expenses, upfront medical and IELTS..

Not sure if this will be an advantage to go for SDS.. what do you think?
siguro if you will purchase a house dito sa pinas and you will mention sa sop mo na maiiwan mag ama mo dito. then after ma approve ka po saka mag apply mag ama mo.