+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

LoisaCD

Mar 27, 2018
Ito po ang pagkaka-intindi ko sa tanong mo,
1. Kapag SDS, based sa forum na mga nabasa ko din, it doesn't matter kung kaka-open lang nang account mo. basta what's important is the money you'll use to buy the GIC should come from your local bank under your name. *ito ay kung thru SDS, kapg under regular stream, kelangan matagl nang open ang account mo kasi atleast 6 months of bank statement ang kelangan
2. Unless you will state in your application na parents mo ang mag-sponsor sayo, you need bank cert/statement. You don't need to present a bank cert or anything na galing sa parents mo yung money to buy the GIC. You can explain your financial status sa SOP mo.
Ito po ang pagkaka-intindi ko sa tanong mo,
1. Kapag SDS, based sa forum na mga nabasa ko din, it doesn't matter kung kaka-open lang nang account mo. basta what's important is the money you'll use to buy the GIC should come from your local bank under your name. *ito ay kung thru SDS, kapg under regular stream, kelangan matagl nang open ang account mo kasi atleast 6 months of bank statement ang kelangan
2. Unless you will state in your application na parents mo ang mag-sponsor sayo, you need bank cert/statement. You don't need to present a bank cert or anything na galing sa parents mo yung money to buy the GIC. You can explain your financial status sa SOP mo.
Thank you po!

Reactions: Elyquin

LoisaCD

Mar 27, 2018
Hello po! I just wanted to ask po if yung Official Fee Schedule po e, ako ba mismo ang gagawa. Meron po kasi dun sa offer letter nung school na inaaplyan ko po. Cost Schedule for 2018-2020: Supplement for International Students. Naka table and naka breakdown na po. Is that enough po? Thank you po in advance.

Triciagb

Feb 20, 2018
Wow! Ok po. Thank you much!

Hi!
docs u have to submit:
LOA
receipt of full payment of 1 year tuition
application forms (IMM 1294 and IMM 5645)
IELTS results (nothing below 6.0)
transcripts (HS and college)
diploma (optional)
GIC ( 10,200 cad should be transferred from your own bank account dito sa pinas)
birth cert
NBI clearance
passport
2 passport pics
statement of purpose
medical

thats it :)

Bataycan

May 6, 2018
Hello, i submitted my papers thru VFS manila last friday, I just lodged my application online yesterday. Question, where will I see the request for medical po? will they send me an email? or sa account ko po sila magsesend request? Thank you
Mam gudam P.O., ngaaply din Kase aka my study permit ko, how much Ang bayed sa application fee sa Canadian embassy..

jjmmrr

Apr 11, 2016
Hello po! I just wanted to ask po if yung Official Fee Schedule po e, ako ba mismo ang gagawa. Meron po kasi dun sa offer letter nung school na inaaplyan ko po. Cost Schedule for 2018-2020: Supplement for International Students. Naka table and naka breakdown na po. Is that enough po? Thank you po in advance.
Same question!
Hihingi po ba ng official fee schedule sa school? Sa LOA ko kasi nilagay lang yung link ng website kung saan makikita yung gastos sa isang buong taon ng international student.
Sana po may makasagot!
Salamat

JP5

May 8, 2018
What's good with SDS is to streamline necessary documents to be submitted to Canada Embassy.. aside from your Acad IELTS, your paid tuition for 1 year and your 10k GIC are just enough as Proof of funds, though better to have additional funds just incase. yan lang naman ang tinitignan nila plus other documents as necessary. sa tuition, room and board, and others, just indicate an estimate of your expenses. Since you already paid your full tuition for 1 year, ok na yun. sa room and board, you can indicate the budget of your accommodation for 1 month ganun din for others such as meal allowance, transportation, etc..
Hi! I'm planning to apply under SDS too. Three questions po:

1) Sabi ng school di sila tumatanggap ng full tuition payment. Paano yan? Can I submit a letter of explanation to embassy and will they still consider me for SDS?

2) How long did your SDS take for approval if anyone can answer?

3) Yung Official Fee Schedule: Can this be the estimate on the website that I can modify for myself to include my accompanying daughter? Do I just type this on my own and submit?

Thanks so much in advance!

JP5

May 8, 2018
Question again: Did anyone ever apply under Student Direct Stream with an accompanying dependent?

SDS requirement only mentions Scotiabank GIC transfer of $10,000 + 200 fee.

But I know that I have to transfer $10,000 + additional $3,000 for my dependent + $200 fee. Total of $13,200

Scotiabank said GIC only accepts max of $10,200 so I should use their Scotiabank Startright Program. Will this work under the SDS requirement too? Hope you can help! Thanks

markmo

Apr 5, 2018
Hi! I'm planning to apply under SDS too. Three questions po:

1) Sabi ng school di sila tumatanggap ng full tuition payment. Paano yan? Can I submit a letter of explanation to embassy and will they still consider me for SDS?

2) How long did your SDS take for approval if anyone can answer?

3) Yung Official Fee Schedule: Can this be the estimate on the website that I can modify for myself to include my accompanying daughter? Do I just type this on my own and submit?

Thanks so much in advance!
1. For SDS, you will need a receipt of your full payment ng tuition. Ask your school, I explained to my school how SDS works (SDS is applicable to select countries only), that time wala pang official fee ang tuition namin but my school said that I can use the 2017 tuition fee as reference. If hindi talaga pwede sa kanila, you are not eligible for SDS, you will go to Regular Stream process

2. as per SDS, time frame is atleast 1 month for processing compare to regular stream (8 weeks or more). SDS will just streamline documents needed hence, faster processing. Regular stream medyo matagal lang kasi madaming required documents.

3. not sure about this.

markmo

Apr 5, 2018
Question again: Did anyone ever apply under Student Direct Stream with an accompanying dependent?

SDS requirement only mentions Scotiabank GIC transfer of $10,000 + 200 fee.

But I know that I have to transfer $10,000 + additional $3,000 for my dependent + $200 fee. Total of $13,200

Scotiabank said GIC only accepts max of $10,200 so I should use their Scotiabank Startright Program. Will this work under the SDS requirement too? Hope you can help! Thanks
10,200 lang talaga ang max for Scotiabank. for others, ang ginawa nila is to provide additional proof of funds such as bank deposit savings equivalent to 3k CAD. not that familiar with Strartright program, but you can open naman a different type account (not GIC) to scotiabank kahit wala ka pa sa Canada.

JP5

May 8, 2018
10,200 lang talaga ang max for Scotiabank. for others, ang ginawa nila is to provide additional proof of funds such as bank deposit savings equivalent to 3k CAD. not that familiar with Strartright program, but you can open naman a different type account (not GIC) to scotiabank kahit wala ka pa sa Canada.
Thanks for both of your replies! :)

sweetdee

May 9, 2018
Hello to all! I have a few questions about applying for the student permit w/ dependents (hubby + 2 kids). Ive tried reading through most of the pages but I still have a few questions. Are there families who were approved and are now in Canada or have done the process successfully?

A bit of background on my end. I studied hospitality & tourism and graduated in the early '00, my recent work was working as an ESL teacher for 6 months at a private school in 2016 until my babysitter was unable to take care of my bunso. So syempre, I had to quit. My husband is a hotel manager and have been for 11 years.

Mga tanong ko lang:
- pwede pa ba ako mag-apply ng student permit kahit kasama family ko? naawa ako sa mag-ama ko kung iiwan ko eh. (Husband ko a-aapply ng OWP)
- I'm planning on taking ECE sa Sheridan College in Mississauga Ontario, kasi ever since working sa private school, I wanted to go back ang mag-aral to further my career. Karamihan kasi ng mga katrbaho ko na nag-aadvance sa labas nag-aral.
- I would be able to bring a bit of show money and pay for my full tuition for 1 year. Hindi buo ng showmoney kasi auntie ko pwede kaming tulungan in terms of accomodation.

- Napapansin ko na nakakahina ang may pamilya sa pag-aaralan mo?
- Ang alam ko pwede ma-approve asawa ko ng 1 year Leave-of-Abscence para lang samahan nila ako kahit 1 year, at makapag-aral din mga anako ko then balik na sila ng pinas. We do have a family business (pero nakapangalan sa in laws ko) and may lupa kami dito.

Sa mga factors na yun, assuming na maganda marks ko sa IELTs & pasado sa medical kaming 4, may chance ba?

jelares

Feb 4, 2015
hello, anyone po na nag wire transfer from scotiabank
what are the details that i need to put on the blank spaces of the 2nd page of the investment directions. from what you agreed to when you sign this form and additional comments for instructions made by tel/fax/email

pls pls badly needed