+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

ash8fhinks

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Philippines
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
under review
mic-mic said:
Hello! Mine took about a week. As for my SOP, medyo sensitive po kasi yung information na nilagay ko doon (kaya convincing) kasi may mga supporting documents pa ako provided hehe but in essence it was tied to my business why I am studying IT now kasi plano ko convert business namin ;D

My best advice is be honest with your LOA. A lot of applicants make a mistake by making up stories so best is to just be honest. Also, please include:

1. why you chose the program?
2. Why study in Canada and not in your home country?
3. What are your plans after graduation?
4. How will you support yourself while studying?

Ito po ang guidelines ng SOP ko :)

Also, if you are really serious about applying, my suggestion is you READ and READ everything posted here from the beginning. You will na yung batch po namin is nagbasa lahat kasi lahat po ng tinatanung ay natanung na before and you will learn very VERY useful experiences from people who were denied, and re-applied or those who got approved the first time.

Ako siguro ma-deny sa first try if hindi ko binasa itong thread na ito ;D
Thank you so much po sa inputs. Sobrang laking tulong lalo sa paggawa ng SOP. Sa SOP pala ung magiging decision ng VO. Tanong po ulit, usually ba ung LOA eh pinapadala thru email lng? Thank you mic :)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello! I think may pinapadala din na soft copy if I remember it right :)

Hello Sharonina, it's hard to tell (just my opinion) kasi baka po mahina yung ties to the Philippines... although, students are under "dual intent" naman po yata, meaning, viewed as a potential immigrant din. Ang tinitignan po ni VO usually is incase you do not meet the immigration requirement, uuwi ka ba pilipinas or hindi :)

Also, for the funds, if bagong lipat lang sa account niya, mas kaduda duda po. Pwede naman na mag gawa nalang po si auntie ninyo and kayo po ng letter offering support for your sister :)

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
mic-mic said:
Hello Sharonina, it's hard to tell (just my opinion) kasi baka po mahina yung ties to the Philippines... although, students are under "dual intent" naman po yata, meaning, viewed as a potential immigrant din. Ang tinitignan po ni VO usually is incase you do not meet the immigration requirement, uuwi ka ba pilipinas or hindi :)
Thanks @micmic, yes, better to start reading from the very start of this thread should anyone is serious taking the student visa route. For the meantime, so it's safe to state in your SOP na you don't have enough points to apply for FSW that's why you will take this route and go back to your home country while waiting to be invited for FSW (any similar explanation like this)? of course apart from other personal reasons why taking a certain course.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
sharonina said:
hello po eto po situation ng kapatid ko

my sister is going to apply for student visa with my aunt's support. my aunt will deposit $20k cad in her account. we do not have parents anymore. I am currently in Edmonton. will it be questionable for the immigration if she will have that money if we are orphan? my aunt and her husband will provide supporting documents such as bank statement, employment cert, properties papers. me and my husband will also provide support since we live here in Edmonton she can live with us we will provide our tax papers and employment papers too.. do u think she have chances? she is a graduating chemical engineering student in Philippines. She will be done university when she comes here and will take some accreditation or any related course. pls advice. thank you .chemical engineering student po sya
VO will not care where the money is coming from. Sign an affidavit of support that you will be providing the support for your sibling. Problem here is employment. She is a fresh grad and doesnt have any employment history. Best shot is to find her a program, probably masters in U of A.
Good luck. Yey Alberta!

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
snickers_21 said:
Thanks @micmic, yes, better to start reading from the very start of this thread should anyone is serious taking the student visa route. For the meantime, so it's safe to state in your SOP na you don't have enough points to apply for FSW that's why you will take this route and go back to your home country while waiting to be invited for FSW (any similar explanation like this)? of course apart from other personal reasons why taking a certain course.
Not entirely sure if you can completely be blunt about it but there is someone here who mentioned something similar in his/her SOP. He/she indicated something like I want to apply as an immigrant after I graduate or something similar to that extent ;) Also, you have to keep in mind that there is dual intent so if you specifically mention this as your primary plan(becoming PR), then the concern of the VO is what will you do when this plan fails vs stating that becoming PR was just an after thought after you finished your studies and was not necessarily the goal. This is just my opinion by the way and others might have a different view about it ;D

sharonina

Dec 1, 2016
mic-mic said:
Not entirely sure if you can completely be blunt about it but there is someone here who mentioned something similar in his/her SOP. He/she indicated something like I want to apply as an immigrant after I graduate or something similar to that extent ;) Also, you have to keep in mind that there is dual intent so if you specifically mention this as your primary plan(becoming PR), then the concern of the VO is what will you do when this plan fails vs stating that becoming PR was just an after thought after you finished your studies and was not necessarily the goal. This is just my opinion by the way and others might have a different view about it ;D
thank you po sa reply. pasensya na po di ko masyado maintindihan.. yun pong nag apply na nlagay sa SOP nya na she/he wants to apply as an immigrant after school po ba ay na approve?

sharonina

Dec 1, 2016
ash8fhinks said:
Hi mic, do you have any idea kng ilang weeks usually ang process ng LOA sa school? Pwde rin ba ako mkahingi ng sample SOP mo? Thanks

Meron ba dito sa George Brown for September intake?
bago lang po ako sa forum.. ano po ung LOA sa school? thanks

sharonina

Dec 1, 2016
lourve said:
Yup, scanned and put a date, names and event. It was just a 4 pages, around 8-11 photos. Just the important one. In my case, I include my Mother and Ninang's photo in their college days (2), after college (2), my baptismal ceremony (2), recent ones with me.

Study Plan/Statement of Purpose is important in every application. Give me your email address
ano po study plan? baka po pwede nyo share thank you po

email add is sharon_kim016@yahoo.com

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
sharonina said:
thank you po sa reply. pasensya na po di ko masyado maintindihan.. yun pong nag apply na nlagay sa SOP nya na she/he wants to apply as an immigrant after school po ba ay na approve?
Yup! He/she got it. But take note that that individual had very impressive school records (scholar, honor student as well i think)

sharonina

Dec 1, 2016
ok salamat po. sana din makalusot ung kapatid ko. valedictorian po sya then manila science high school graduate. then dean's lister sa ust.... so sana i-consider po na makakapagcontribute sa canada. thank you po ulit!

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Hi just want to ask mic-mic and others here who have their wife/husband and children with them while studying.
If I will get my Student Visa and my wife will get OWP - yung schooling ba ng kid/s ko who will be in secondary Grade 10 will be free? If not free any idea how much is the yearly tuition fee for the grade 10? Thanks...just planning ahead. ;)

TiMMMY

Jun 29, 2016
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day!

I would just like to ask if meron po kayo maisusugest na affordable schools in Alberta? Im planning to apply for Student Permit.

Thank you for your cooperation ;)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
journey namin said:
Hi just want to ask mic-mic and others here who have their wife/husband and children with them while studying.
If I will get my Student Visa and my wife will get OWP - yung schooling ba ng kid/s ko who will be in secondary Grade 10 will be free? If not free any idea how much is the yearly tuition fee for the grade 10? Thanks...just planning ahead. ;)
Hello!

Sa public school I think it's almost free and you just have to bring some of their school credentials from back home. Better make sure at point of entry that thepiece of paper printed for them has details that they are allowed to study. Best is to know as early as now which school you intend to have them study in and send an email to one of their staff/admin to inquire. My son kasi is just 3 so next year pa and I will be on Work Permit by that time. With daycare naman, we pay 800/ month kasi sa mississauga wala subsidy ang mga students... BUT in Toronto, you can get subsidy for daycare if you can provide proof that you are a full time student and your partner is working fulltime and falls under a specific income range I think. Take note that the waiting list is vERY VERY long too!

For bringing in food naman, what I noticed is lahat ng pagkain natin sa pinas is almost meron lahat dito. Balut lang yata ang di ko pa nakikita so it might be more convenient to just not bring anything that may cause you trouble. :)

Just a reminder to everyone, if you are really serious about applying, please read this thread from the beginning because the process barely changed and you will learn from the mistakes and success stories of people. No need for any agency because by merely reading here, mas madami pa ako nalaman kaysa sa mga agency and the money saved can go to your rent/bus money :)

Here's a sample computation bakit 10k/year ang hinahanap na show money for a single person:
1. Rent 700-1.5k/month depending sa location and if room lang, basement or 1 bedroom apartment
2. Bus pass, I spend roughly 150/month and this excludes trips on weekends
3. Food, very subjective on how picky you are pero we spend 100/week
4. Gas 50/week
5. Car insurance 350/month for 2 drivers
6. Daycare 800/month (libre sa Toronto pero swertehan din dahil sa haba ng pila)

So to give you an idea, we spend at least 2.5k/month. I hope this gives people a more realistic expectation kung magkano talaga ang kailangan nila. Syempre mas mura ang gastos if wala car and if single ka lang :)

Goodluck Sharonina! I hope she gets it! My advice is read this thread from the beginning so you know what to do and what not to do :)

johnrance87

Aug 14, 2011
snickers_21 said:
Hello, I took up IT course in PH and still working in the IT field up to now, but would like to ask if I will take up another course i.e Health Information Management - may chance kaya ako maapprove kahit hindi related yun course and work exp ko ngayon?

Anyone here who is taking or would like to take up Health Information Management?
Hello snickers_21!

I am an IT graduate in the Philippines but I will be taking up Health Informatics in Canada.

Sa case ko kasi, I am currently working in a Health Insurance company. So I clearly explained all the relevant details why I decided to pursue the course.

Make sure that when you write your SOP, you follow the guidelines posted by mic-mic. That's what I did with mine. Huwag mag-tipid sa explanation, but mag focus ka sa reason why the particular course, why Canada and what will you do after studying.

Hope this helps. Good luck!