+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

nvictoria

Apr 17, 2017
Hi everyone! Newbie here.

I've been doing a lot of backreading in this thread, since I'm about to make moves in obtaining a canadian student visa. I already identified which state and what school. However, it's in Montreal, Quebec. I can tell their admission processes (both immigration and college) are somehow different.

Does anybody here who also chose the province of Quebec? Or atleast, considered it but changed mind? May i ask why aside from additional requirements like french language?

Also, i'm aware that you have to pass certificate of employment from previous jobs. But does canada immigration also conducts background investigation regarding past and current employers? Aside from validating clear for criminal records? Thank you :)

vanillawaffle

Apr 17, 2017
Hi! I just came across this forum and still backreading.

Just a quick question: Is it questionable if I graduated Nursing (but I never practiced, working now for a management consultancy) tapos i plan to study health care aide? And also, since 6 months lang ang program, am I allowed to stay for another 6 months after i graduated to look for a job(still as student visa)?

Can you please send me a sample din po ng SOP and study plan? kat.historybusiness@gmail.com Thank you!

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello!

Don't know anyone who studied in Quebec but keep in mind that even in KFC, not everyone can speak english so that might be an issue for you.

We had a wave of applicants who were nurses but most of them got denied and had to re-apply again. The program being 6 months might not let you qualify for a PGWP po

vanillawaffle

Apr 17, 2017
Hi mic-mic thanks for the quick response!

In this case, I dont know any other program that I can take. So i'm back to zero and have to research again. And yes, I read from the website na you have to take a one-year program to be able to qualify for PGWP

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
mic-mic said:
Hello!

It's a team effort! Aral ako habang work si kumander and then qualified na kami for CEC even before I graduate kasi sobrang swerte namin ;D

Thanks for the well wishes! I do my best to contribute here since dito din sa thread na ito ako natuto. Pag na PR na kamiplease, grant us oh, Lord), obviously, share ko pa din how we did it. IT feels good that we submitted it, pero it's 10 times na mas nakakakaba compared to waiting for the PPR of student visa ;D
All the best to you mic-mic and the whole family! Prayers sent.

sarahs27

Apr 17, 2017
I hope someone could help me regarding my case..

April 2011 finished a degree in Commerce with Major in Tourism Management, OJT in a 5star hotel, frontline / customer service job

May 2011 - January 2013 GAP (1yr, 8mos)

Feb 2013 - June 2013 frontliner job (5mos)

August 2013 - June 2014 analyst / customer service job / BPO backoffice (10mos)

July 2014 - Oct 2014 frontliner job (4mos)

After that, up to now I'm unemployed. My father got disabled, and he died early last year, i took care of him.

I am female, 27yrs old, single, no kids. I have my own car, my mom is getting old but can show a land title. My uncle will support me, currently around CAD 27,000 in his bank account, with business permits, and land titles too.

Is there a chance for my case? If there is, which is best for me to pursue, a commerce course or a tourism course?

What else can i do to boost my chances in my case?

I have travel history asean lang po: cambodia, vietnam, malaysia, thailand, indonesia, hong kong, macau (as tourist lang po talaga)

My uncle who will support me, has his own local small businesses in which it includes tourist rental rooms in palawan. i can maybe mention that, that i'm connected to it during my gaps and after my course abroad . Is that gonna help it?

Please help me, any kind of advice is so welcome, please dont hesitate :) I really want to pursue this opportunity because someone is willing to fund it. Sayang if it will go to waste. And i genuinely want to study again.

Salamat po talaga ng madami sa mga sasagot :) and congrats to those who's already there and will soon be there. God bless us all

sarahs27

Apr 17, 2017
How about showing life insurance documents that i had been paying every month? Pwede din po bang proof yon regarding home ties?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
nvictoria said:
Hi everyone! Newbie here.

I've been doing a lot of backreading in this thread, since I'm about to make moves in obtaining a canadian student visa. I already identified which state and what school. However, it's in Montreal, Quebec. I can tell their admission processes (both immigration and college) are somehow different.

Does anybody here who also chose the province of Quebec? Or atleast, considered it but changed mind? May i ask why aside from additional requirements like french language?

Also, i'm aware that you have to pass certificate of employment from previous jobs. But does canada immigration also conducts background investigation regarding past and current employers? Aside from validating clear for criminal records? Thank you :)
The province of Quebec has its own little world so you really have to do more research... and hopefully you found one in English.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
sarahs27 said:
I hope someone could help me regarding my case..

April 2011 finished a degree in Commerce with Major in Tourism Management, OJT in a 5star hotel, frontline / customer service job

May 2011 - January 2013 GAP (1yr, 8mos)

Feb 2013 - June 2013 frontliner job (5mos)

August 2013 - June 2014 analyst / customer service job / BPO backoffice (10mos)

July 2014 - Oct 2014 frontliner job (4mos)

After that, up to now I'm unemployed. My father got disabled, and he died early last year, i took care of him.

I am female, 27yrs old, single, no kids. I have my own car, my mom is getting old but can show a land title. My uncle will support me, currently around CAD 27,000 in his bank account, with business permits, and land titles too.

Is there a chance for my case? If there is, which is best for me to pursue, a commerce course or a tourism course?

What else can i do to boost my chances in my case?

I have travel history asean lang po: cambodia, vietnam, malaysia, thailand, indonesia, hong kong, macau (as tourist lang po talaga)

My uncle who will support me, has his own local small businesses in which it includes tourist rental rooms in palawan. i can maybe mention that, that i'm connected to it during my gaps and after my course abroad . Is that gonna help it?

Please help me, any kind of advice is so welcome, please dont hesitate :) I really want to pursue this opportunity because someone is willing to fund it. Sayang if it will go to waste. And i genuinely want to study again.

Salamat po talaga ng madami sa mga sasagot :) and congrats to those who's already there and will soon be there. God bless us all
Too many gaps and lots of unemployment. No current employment so... it will be hard for you to be a genuine student in the eyes of a the Visa Officer.
Other option I can see is use a really really good immigration consultant.
Might be worth $3,000 but if you really want to do it by yourself it will be very very hard.
Other that might work is become a full time nanny with pay.
After 2 yrs of experience apply as a nanny in Canada. After 2 yrs of work apply for the live-in caregiver program.
After 3 yrs you will be a PR. That will take you 6 years.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hi sarah,

sorry to hear about your father. I hope your family is recovering well.

My suggestion is go for something related to tourism since that is your core background and you have your uncle's business to tie it into. I think life insurance doesn't count and proof of funds is primarily the money you will spend. The cars, house and lot and other assets are proof that you have ties to the country and parang proof na din na pag nagipit ka, hindi ka mapilitan na gumawa ng bawal kasi meron ka maibebenta sa pinas pang funds sa needs mo if may emergency dito po.

If you can make a strong argument sa SOP (explaining the gaps, your plans and reason for studying) then you may have a good chance po. The only concerns I see po is yung job hopping po and being female and single po.

mystique_SU

Apr 17, 2017
brutalv said:
Hello to all!

First time ko lang nag join dito sa Forum.

Just want to check lng po if meron dito nag apply ng Study visa sa Vancouver? Anong school?

Thank you
Hi! Ako din, first time ko dito sa forum. Plan ko mag apply sa Sprott Shaw College sa Vancouver Seymour. Target start date ko this September :)

sarahs27

Apr 17, 2017
@kapatid

Hi kapatid. Thanks for the feedback :) :) Is the 6yrs in caregiving is something that i can mention in my SOP which can help my application here as a student? I'm aiming for a 2 yrs business program there, much better kung 3. Honestly, no plans in being a PR... atleast not having some for now :D i just really want a fresh restart with my education.

This thread is great, i figured i really need a consultant. Do you know someone? Any suggestions? I've talked to a few consultants, the only one that i like is IDP. Find a current employer- is also their advise, which is I'm willing working on right now. Pero hindi nila partner school yung gusto ko sanang pasukan na school. Will that be ok kung ako na lang muna sa college admissions? Or ganito din ako ia-aasses ng mga college dun, just like a visa officer?

So 3k USD pala ang usual na bayad sa magaling na consultants? I'll take it talaga kung meron lang ako kahit chances na ma-aaprove, di ko yun palalampasin.

Reactions: Denis 2016

sarahs27

Apr 17, 2017
@micmic

I appreciate it and congrats to you a really good SOP, tourism course, mentioning the tourism related business -NOTED that. intermediate level po ko sa french languange, sapat na rason na kaya sa 'bakit di mo na lang sa home country aralin?' Issue din daw po yan?

Pati minus points daw kapag hindi immediate family ang sponsor?

As for job hopping, palyado yung after graduation and yung ngayon. Kumpleto naman po certificate of employment. Yung last gap, Immediate ang resignation nung huli, i'll argue na i did the estate taxes of the estranged dad which is a long process, and i traveled local and overseas (my travel history is recent lang po talaga after his death). Yung unang gap wala talaga. Any suggestions? :D

Definitely i have a lot of explaining to do :D Sana it will work out.

Ano po meron pag babae and single?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
sarahs27 said:
@kapatid

Hi kapatid. Thanks for the feedback :) :) Is the 6yrs in caregiving is something that i can mention in my SOP which can help my application here as a student? I'm aiming for a 2 yrs business program there, much better kung 3. Honestly, no plans in being a PR... atleast not having some for now :D i just really want a fresh restart with my education.

This thread is great, i figured i really need a consultant. Do you know someone? Any suggestions? I've talked to a few consultants, the only one that i like is IDP. Find a current employer- is also their advise, which is I'm willing working on right now. Pero hindi nila partner school yung gusto ko sanang pasukan na school. Will that be ok kung ako na lang muna sa college admissions? Or ganito din ako ia-aasses ng mga college dun, just like a visa officer?

So 3k USD pala ang usual na bayad sa magaling na consultants? I'll take it talaga kung meron lang ako kahit chances na ma-aaprove, di ko yun palalampasin.
The 6 year that I mention was another option for you to take to become a PR if you want.
Its not related or anything for applying for a student visa.
By consultant I mean Canadian Consultant with ties in school. Typically they are specializing in student permits.

Usually consultant vary from $800-3000 depending on the school.
So people doing a research here are saving themselves $3,000.

Reactions: Denis 2016